My edges, Boundless Tresses and coconut oil

KinkyPJKinkyPJ Posts: 297Registered Users
First, thank you all for the great tips you've posted on this forum. I truly feel that my hair is on its way to its pre-relaxed healthy state.

Ok, so I took my braids out about a month and a half ago and my edges have suffered, especially on the left side. I feel like I’m forced to wear a headband to hide my hair loss. I’m tempted to try Boundless Tresses b/c I’ve heard such positive things about it. Has anyone tried it or any other sulphur-based oil product?

Also, I bought some coconut oil from the grocery aisle in the supermarket. Is this safe to use on your scalp/hair?
It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it [:afro:]. The hard... is what makes it great. -- Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own

If you judge people, you have no time to love them. -- Mother Teresa

Comments

• conrad2826conrad2826 Posts: 23Registered Users
    Not sure about that, I've heard very little info. Right now I'm using organic coconut oil on my hair ends and its working pretty good for me. If you look up on the internet there's alot of useful info on the benefits of coconut oil - I also put 1 teaspoon of it in my oatmeal - got that hint from somebody on this forum. You could probably use alma oil that's also good for damaged hair & it helps with the growth of your hair. You can check out my pics on www.fotki.com/spicedream822
    deep condition treatment
    co-wash suave cococnut
    conditioner giovanni leave-in direct
    oils coconut/olive/alma/castor
    natural hertiage shea butter elixir
    cayenne & olive oil treatment
    http://public.fotki.com/spicedream822/
  • KinkyPJKinkyPJ Posts: 297Registered Users
    conrad2826 wrote: »
    Not sure about that, I've heard very little info. Right now I'm using organic coconut oil on my hair ends and its working pretty good for me. If you look up on the internet there's alot of useful info on the benefits of coconut oil - I also put 1 teaspoon of it in my oatmeal - got that hint from somebody on this forum. You could probably use alma oil that's also good for damaged hair & it helps with the growth of your hair. You can check out my pics on www.fotki.com/spicedream822

Great pics, thanks. Why do you put coconut oil in you oatmeal? I'm intrigued.
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it [:afro:]. The hard... is what makes it great. -- Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own

If you judge people, you have no time to love them. -- Mother Teresa
  • va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    KinkyPJ wrote: »
    conrad2826 wrote: »

Great pics, thanks. Why do you put coconut oil in you oatmeal? I'm intrigued.

Ditto! :-)
  • D_MarieD_Marie Posts: 150Registered Users
    I have Boundless tresses. I think I first saw it on Kinkerbells fotki...her hair is so gorgeous I had to try it. I don't use it on a regular basis though so I can't say whether it works or not. But I can say that I bought the scented one and the smell still bothers me.
    www.instagram.com/enliytenme
    3c/4a
    Shea Moisture JBCO shampoo
    Trader Joes Nourish Spa Conditioner
    Mielle Organics Protein Conditioner
    Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter (moisturizer)
    The Main Choice 3 in 1
    True by Made Beautiful leave in and hair butter
    Sweet almond oil
    As I Am Curling Jelly
    :toothy7:
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Castor oil is known for its hair nourishing properties. I like Tropic Isle Jamaican Black Castor oil. It's slightly less tacky then the regular stuff, my hair absobs it better, and it has a very pleasant mildly nutty scent. Castor and coconut together would be ideal. Coconut cuts the castor heaviness. A very nice castor/coconut mix with Ayurvedic herbs is Hairveda Cocasta Shikakai oil. Sweet stuff.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file