Poll for 3a and 3b hair

I am just curious. I know the ideal product for a lot of 3c's and curlier like products that weigh down their curls because of the shrinkage factor. I'll admit my ideal product would provide curl definition and would not weigh down my curls. However, I've read posts lately of people who want to loosen their curls. I just thought it would be interesting to know whether the majority of those with 3a or 3b hair would prefer a product to loosen their curls or enhance them. Pleasy specify your hair type (3a, 3b, etc.), what answer you choose and why. Thanks!
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• BraziliancurlsBraziliancurls Registered Users Posts: 231
    enhance me baby!! :)
    http://public.fotki.com/braziliancurls/
    pw:wondercurls
    HG: CURLS Pure Essentials, Naturally Enhanced curl lotion, and Curl Ecstasy conditioner, DevaCurl OneC, Cream of Nature Shampoo
  • 2happy2happy Registered Users Posts: 5,138
    I try to loosen :oops: .

If it was longer, I'm sure I'd be wanting it curlier.......I can't wait to find out!!

And, I'm not really trying to make less than I have, just not more!
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • KurleeKurlee Registered Users Posts: 1,354
    Depends on my mood.

• curlyjenncurlyjenn Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    No product loosens my curls, so I decided to start enhancing them instead! (OK, OK no product that I've tried lol)
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.
    I'm a product junkie. <3
  • RipplesRipples Registered Users Posts: 40
    I'm on an eternal quest for that "perfect" product...I want to enhance what I've got, and my hair is a not-so-willing accomplice :)
    Karyn

3A/f/ii CG since Aug 17, 2005...HG's: AHC, CK, Re:coil & GFSCC
  • songbirdsongbird Registered Users Posts: 60
    I typically try to enhance what I've got.
    3a Curls
    Currently using Jessicurl's GLS, Aloeba Daily Conditioner, and Kenra Platinum Freezing Gel
  • klloydmajesticklloydmajestic Registered Users Posts: 183 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm 3c and even before I learned the proper way of taking care of my hair I always looked for ways to enhance my curls. I did do a chemical treatment to straighten my hair once :oops: and swore never to do that again. I swear by minimal product use, because I have enough stuff in my life I need to worry about other than my hair. Good poll subject! :D
    3b, low porosity, CG method
    BC 6 February 2016 and growing out. . . again!
    current products: 
    • conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea!
    • pre-poo: grapeseed oil or coconut oil
    • cleanser: currently experimenting with different things
    • deep treatment: Jessicurl Deep Treatment
    • "protein" treatment: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque
    • Stylers: Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera gel or SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

• banjocurlbanjocurl Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    I definitely try to enhance curls. i have kind of blah straight hair and much more interesting curly hair. but back in the old days i would do almost anything for straight hair. no more. I never straighten or loosen curls by choice.
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    I voted yes, I try to loosen. My hair is a mix of a and b but probably more b. It is however pretty straight and flat on the very top, then settles into ridge-like waves on my head, then goes into mad curls from about 4 inches down. It looks very blergh most of the time. I figure if I try and loosen the curl it will look more 'uniform'.
    3b in South Australia.
  • vanityhairvanityhair Registered Users Posts: 29
    I voted for enhance. When my curls are looser, they look messy (and not in a good trendy-messy way).
    3A
    HGs: Elucence MBC, Pink Boots, HEHD
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm a 3a/b/c mix, and I use products to enhance my curls. Especially since I moved to NM and the dry air flattens the curls into 3a/b's. :( Enhance baby! :D
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • lushaholiclushaholic Registered Users Posts: 2,180
    Enhance. :)
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • LizzyBennetLizzyBennet Registered Users Posts: 60
    I try to enhance... especially when my hair is long. It is extremely heavy which pulls out the curl. Now that it's shorter (but still quite long by all of my friends' standards ;)) I try even harder because it is curlier... but it still gets weighed down quite a bit within a few hours.

LB
    Dark Brown Boticellis.
    Current Routine: L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutrigloss conditioner, Light Headed Melting Gel. Weekly shampoo with Dramatics Color Care shampoo.
  • curlessencecurlessence Registered Users Posts: 81
    You already know my answer - enhance!!! :D My hair is already a mix of 2B & 3A, I'm trying to get it to be ALL 3A! :lol:
  • AlexaAlexa Registered Users Posts: 208
    I usually try to enhance my curls by using gel & diffusing but this does cause shrinkage.
    Sometimes (especially in summer) I like to go for the more shaggy, beachy look by using hair cream.
    U.K curly

3A Curly Twirly.
    Golden brown (coloured to cover grey).
    Low poo: Dr Organic, L'Oreal Everpure.
    Conditioner: Dr Organic Argan Oil.
    Leave In: Aussie, Curl Harmony.
    Gel: Curl Keeper Original, Umberto Gianni.
  • modegrrlmodegrrl Registered Users Posts: 274 Curl Neophyte
    I usually use a salt spray to make it curlier, but I do like how it looks today. I've had it in a pony for two straight days and the roots are smooth and straight and the pony has huge, shiny banana curls. When I was in H.S., I always wore it in a pony and people asked me all the time how I got those big, loose curls in the ends. (This was when I thought I had misbehaving straight hair.)
    "For many years the National Pretend Speed Limit was fifty-five miles per hour"--Dave Barry

PW: frizzella
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,729 Curl Virtuoso
    Enhance it.
    After fighting my hair for forty-some years, I finally embraced the curls. So now I figure if I'm gonna have curly hair, I'm gonna have CURLY hair!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    guano = jeepcurlygurl, I just found another hair twin! :D
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • urbancurlurbancurl Registered Users Posts: 980
    Enhance! If that means not try to make it curlier or straighter, but just good definition and less frizz.
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
  • StrawberrySwitchbladeStrawberrySwitchblade Registered Users Posts: 30
    Always on the prowl for products to enhance my 3a/3b hair! I love my recently curly hair! I came out of the shower one day, didn't put it up when it was wet, let it air dry and BAM! I had a head full of ringlets :D
    I couldn't be happier!
    ~StrawberrySwitchblade.
    p.s. But people now like to touch my hair :( NO TOUCHY!
    Aussie girl :wave:
    3b/a normal porosity, just past the shoulders (when straight), layered with caramel blonde highlights!
    Totally new to curls, but so far I love D-fine body at the roots spray, Organix shea butter shampoo and Herbal Essences Totally Twisted conditioner
    :love10:
    Sorry, but I LOVE straightening my hair!
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    The tighter the curls, the better I like it!
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • msgibletmsgiblet Registered Users Posts: 5,825
    Enhanced, defined shiny curls will also enhance my good mood! :wink:
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    Most of the time I enhance but sometimes I like loose beachy waves so I'll bun it damp then take it out.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • masa_innmasa_inn Registered Users Posts: 306
    enhancers only :)
    Brunette, almost BSL length, growing out.
    CG since Feb 2008, modified CG since September 2008.

I now know my texture/porosity!! (TY, Tiffany!) Medium texture; ends on a porous side; new growth - normal porosity.

Wash: Suave; EO Sweet Orange shampoo

Conditioner: GVP Balm, Mango Lustrasilk

Styling: KCCC, BRHG and LA Looks

Want to try: CJ
  • botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Registered Users Posts: 896
    Enhance only. The last thing I want is looser curls. I want curlier curls!
    Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
    Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
    Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
  • TeresinaTeresina Registered Users Posts: 291 Curl Neophyte
    I guess I'm the oddball here LOL. I've got a mix of 3b/3c/4a hair and I would love to loosen the curl. I'd love bigger, looser waves.
    Teresina
    3b/3c/4a coarse, high porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file