I washed and now I have frizz!

medusamopheadmedusamophead Posts: 12Registered Users
After going about a week and a half without shampoo...only CO washes every 2 to 3 days....I washed my hair (was starting to get a little itchy) and now it does not look as good. Now I have frizz and my curls are just not as nice as before. I am going to do a CO wash and add lots of honey and maybe try my first ACV rinse tomorrow. I am kicking myself in the rear for using shampoo on my hair!
By the way, this past week, I received 2 complements on my hair from people who do not even know me well. They both have curly hair and wanted to know what products I was using so I told them all about this website!:occasion9:

Any tips from anyone who experienced the same problem would be greatly appreciated.
2b/slightly 2c
Growing out my hair-currently all one length....reaches just above my shoulders
Former flat iron junkie
Modified CG since 9/3/08
New regime:
California Baby Tea tree & Lavender shampoo (sulphate free shamp)when needed, Suave Tropical coconut condish, honey rinse, Biosilk Rock hard Gelee, plop, and add more gel, diffuse for more curly look and fuller results. I have to work to make my hair curly. My hair loves honey! Plopping and pineapples rule!

Comments

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    After going about a week and a half without shampoo...only CO washes every 2 to 3 days....I washed my hair (was starting to get a little itchy) and now it does not look as good. Now I have frizz and my curls are just not as nice as before. I am going to do a CO wash and add lots of honey and maybe try my first ACV rinse tomorrow. I am kicking myself in the rear for using shampoo on my hair!
    By the way, this past week, I received 2 complements on my hair from people who do not even know me well. They both have curly hair and wanted to know what products I was using so I told them all about this website!:occasion9:

Any tips from anyone who experienced the same problem would be greatly appreciated.
    Did you coat your hair with Conditioner before shampooing? The honey will definitely help, you can even mix ACV with Honey have you tried that?
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I've never had that problem. Just poking my head up to say aren't hair compliments the best??? :D

Glad you're back on the CG wagon. If you're finding your scalp is getting itchy (which it tends to do when you first become CG) make sure you scrub your scalp really well, don't be afraid to CO wash every day. You can also try a brown sugar scrub from the CG book.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    The Suave you are using as a CO wash did the same thing to me. Try something lighter - I like the VO5 Clarifying conditioners ( I use Vanilla Mint)
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • WannaLoveMyWavesWannaLoveMyWaves Posts: 53Registered Users
    I always have to follow a shampoo mishap with DT's. Even some of the so-called milder sulfate-free poos dry my hair out. Now I always leave a really moisturizing conditioner in my hair for a minimum of 15 minutes if I use any kind of poo.
    Mixture of type 2 hair
    First day of Wavy CG method: 08/22/08

http://public.fotki.com/WannaLoveMyWaves/
    PW: waves

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file