What's your routine for 2nd day hair and beyond...

irishprincessirishprincess Posts: 40Registered Users
I know many of you enjoy your 2nd, or more, day hair better than 1st day hair and was wondering a few things.
1. What's your PM routine to protect it and then your AM routine to revive it?
2. Do you finger comb/brush through it at all?
3. When you refer to 4th day hair or something, does that mean you haven't wet your whole head down in 4 days, like you have protected it from getting wet while showering your body?
4. What do you do about an itchy scalp?
Some of you really seem to have this down. I'm on day 3, but not sure if I'm grossing anyone out because I haven't washed my scalp even with water or because I have nappy, un-combed curls. Impart your wisdom!

Comments

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well that is a lot to consider!! First of all, there is no reason to think you're "gross" for not wetting down after 3 days. If your hair feels and looks good so what? It's not like you're wearing a sign with your LAST WASHED DATE:laughing7:

For me, Pineapple at night and a very light spritzing in the morning sometimes I Spritz and plop depending how much I want to play with it. Since I've been using Honey less water is best and I usually spritz my hands and srcrunch. While I'm in the shower I just leave it plopped in a shirt and avoid wetting my head which means a QUICK shower.

I finger comb here and there but not too much. Lavender Spray is great for itchy scalp if it's not severe. I don't know how itchy you are but some girls can go 7 days and not be itchy at all because they are using all water soluable products. I can go longer now myself after I ditched all cones and mag sulphates.

PHEW did I get everything??????:toothy7:
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • irishprincessirishprincess Posts: 40Registered Users
    Do you pineapple with completely dry hair?
    And do you finger comb like in the morning before you wet scrunch or just throughout the day? It seems like if I finger comb during the day, it'll pull out my weak curls. thanks!
    Do you pineapple with completely dry hair?
    And do you finger comb like in the morning before you wet scrunch or just throughout the day? It seems like if I finger comb during the day, it'll pull out my weak curls. thanks!
    I do pineapple at night with completely dry hair, sometimes if my hair looks "thirsty" I scrunch in some JCN&S then put my scrunchie in. If I finger comb I'll do it sparingly and only in the A.M. while I'm applying some water or a little gel. :)
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I know many of you enjoy your 2nd, or more, day hair better than 1st day hair and was wondering a few things.
    1. What's your PM routine to protect it and then your AM routine to revive it?

I pineapple. In the morning I take it down, lightly spritz it with water. Sometimes I just spritz to reactivate the previous day's product, others I smooth some CK over the canopy then scrunch some in.

2. Do you finger comb/brush through it at all?

No

3. When you refer to 4th day hair or something, does that mean you haven't wet your whole head down in 4 days, like you have protected it from getting wet while showering your body?

I leave my hair in the pineapple and put it in a shower cap on non-wash days. Yes, I look a treat. ;)

4. What do you do about an itchy scalp?

It's only happened a couple times to me since I started going multiple days with doing my hair. It took a couple of wash cycles for my hair to adjust and I scrubbed REALLY well on CO wash days.

Some of you really seem to have this down. I'm on day 3, but not sure if I'm grossing anyone out because I haven't washed my scalp even with water or because I have nappy, un-combed curls. Impart your wisdom!

I'm sure you're not grossing anyone out. :laughing7:
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • WannaLoveMyWavesWannaLoveMyWaves Posts: 53Registered Users
    1. PM routine is to put a little EMB conditioner in my hair and then pineapple. My hair gets really dry overnight even though I have silk pillowcases and the EMB always corrects the dryness without over-coating my hair.

AM routine varies a bit. I always use my own mixture of purified water, glycerin, broccoli seed oil, coconut oil, liquid shea, and aloe vera oil to refresh. Then I scrunch in either LOOB or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] (still not sure which works best), then scrunch with a microfiber hair glove.

2. I never put my fingers or a comb through my hair unless it is saturated with conditioner, no matter how badly I want to it always ends up bad.

3. I wish I c could have fourth day hair! In a perfect hair world it would mean that I hadn't wet my whole head down in that long.

4. I make sure I always massage my scalp until my arms feel like they are going to fall off. ACV rinses also help my scalp as does a brown sugar scrub.
    Mixture of type 2 hair
    First day of Wavy CG method: 08/22/08

http://public.fotki.com/WannaLoveMyWaves/
    PW: waves
    anyone able to get past 2 days is doing really well in my book!!!
    Discovered CG 2007

• eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been experimenting and trying to get 4th day hair regularly. For consistent 2nd day, I pineapple dry hair and sleep on a satin pillowcase. In the AM, I cover pineappled hair with a satin bonnet while showering and dressing. Then shake down the curls and mess with it a bit depending on what needs to be done - clip roots and spritz with water, air dry, or scrunch FOTE into the ends.

For 3rd day I've been pineappling, then spritzing the ends with water before covering with the satin sleep bonnet - a plopped pineapple. Usually the ends are a little crunchy from product in the morning, so I'll scrunch it out after showering with the bonnet on again.

For 4th day hair I've been spritzing it until pretty damp, then using a wide tooth comb through it before scrunching again. Let air dry, then scrunch any remaining crunch. For multiple day hair I have to remind myself that it's not going to be perfect. There may be some frizz and the curls will be looser. But I like being able to get going quicker in the mornings.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
    Thanks for the input! I guess sometimes I was thinking 2nd day hair and beyond meant you didn't have to touch your hair for that whole time and I couldn't do that so I thought it meant I needed to shower and start from scratch everyday.
    Also, do any of you that do a pineapple at night end up with a weird cowlick/bend in your hair on top towards the very back? What do you do with it if you do?
    And for those of you that plop a pineapple, where do you line up the sleep cap on your forehead? Maybe this is a lame question, but if I try and keep it off my hair and just on the skin, it's annoying, but if I put it slightly behind my hairline, I get whacked out hair in the morning up front. I saw on Botticelli Babes Fotki that she wears it with hair showing all around - do you guys do that, too?
    Thanks for the input! I guess sometimes I was thinking 2nd day hair and beyond meant you didn't have to touch your hair for that whole time and I couldn't do that so I thought it meant I needed to shower and start from scratch everyday.
    Also, do any of you that do a pineapple at night end up with a weird cowlick/bend in your hair on top towards the very back? What do you do with it if you do?
    And for those of you that plop a pineapple, where do you line up the sleep cap on your forehead? Maybe this is a lame question, but if I try and keep it off my hair and just on the skin, it's annoying, but if I put it slightly behind my hairline, I get whacked out hair in the morning up front. I saw on Botticelli Babes Fotki that she wears it with hair showing all around - do you guys do that, too?
    Interesting thing with the pineapple. I messed it up last night (must have been all those CK martinis) and put it in too low this morning I had a heck of a time getting 3rd hair day to work!! For me the Pineapple has to be at the very top of my head. I don't do the sleep bonnet thing.
    Discovered CG 2007

DEL2C wrote: »
    Interesting thing with the pineapple. I messed it up last night (must have been all those CK martinis) and put it in too low this morning I had a heck of a time getting 3rd hair day to work!! For me the Pineapple has to be at the very top of my head. I don't do the sleep bonnet thing.

I have to mine on the very top of my head too. Otherwise I end up sleeping on the pineapple. I didn't try the pineapple for a long time because I was sure I would get some weird bend in my hair but never have. If I did though, I would spritz and skipcurl to get rid of it.

I tried the cap. I liked it but have tried 3 of them and they all leave a mark on my forehead. Wrinkles are one thing - crevices are another thing entirely!

• confused moreconfused more Posts: 29Registered Users
    Why don't you try buying silk material at Walmart and just tie it around you head do not to have elasitic marks. Its a thought.
    I'm a bigtime tosser. I can't plop overnight because the plopping device won't stay on. The cap stays on me because of the elastic. Thanks for the tip though :D

• jessmarimbajessmarimba Posts: 7Registered Users
    What do you guys do if you go to the gym or something? Do you wash hair afterwards, or just rinse, or what? I run and it pretty much (thus far) seems to necessitate a hair washing afterwards, to get out the ponytail lines as well as washing off all of the stinky-scalp-sweat. Particularly after a race, since I generally french braid my hair for those and it gets disgusting. So...is second day hair about as long as I'll end up going, or how does this work?

Thanks...
  • 3mccann3mccann Posts: 44Registered Users
    What do you guys do if you go to the gym or something? Do you wash hair afterwards, or just rinse, or what? I run and it pretty much (thus far) seems to necessitate a hair washing afterwards, to get out the ponytail lines as well as washing off all of the stinky-scalp-sweat. Particularly after a race, since I generally french braid my hair for those and it gets disgusting. So...is second day hair about as long as I'll end up going, or how does this work?

Thanks...
    Great question. I also do cardio and get mild sweat-head. I have found myself skipping workouts just to extend days between washes...
    No more hair drama!
  • tctc Posts: 986Registered Users
    I usually just rinse my hair with water after a workout ... sweat is water-soluble. and my hair is dry enough to appreciate any sebum that was produced along with the sweat. (hope I'm not grossing anyone out!)

I got this awesome little winter hat at the thrift store for $2 ... it has a wool "tail" on each ear, like pigtails ... now I sleep in that hat! lol. partly because it just feels so cozy to sleep with a warm head and partly because my hair seems less damaged in the morning when it's not brushing against all of my pillows. I tie the pigtails under my chin to keep it from falling off. :) in the morning if my hair looks good I will avoid wetting it in the shower. if it looks oily I will wash it. if it's not oily but has shape issues then I rinse it.
    I'm sure this will be TMI but I don't do anything to my hair after a workout. I do a high ponytail - a full on pineapple might be a bit much for others to take in. ;) Then when I shower, I put a shower cap over the ponytail. I find oils are released when I sweat that give my hair shine and less frizz.

Whatsercurl, that's funny you mention the full-on Pineapple being too much for people to take. I saw a girl over the weekend at Target with her hair up in a Pineapple pretty much and I thought, yikes, that's how I wear mine to sleep. I agree to stick with the high pony while the sun is shining! :wink:
    Don't you guys get a whacky piece of hair at the very back of the top of your head when you take out the P? I can't seem to get this thing to go away.
    Whatsercurl, that's funny you mention the full-on Pineapple being too much for people to take. I saw a girl over the weekend at Target with her hair up in a Pineapple pretty much and I thought, yikes, that's how I wear mine to sleep. I agree to stick with the high pony while the sun is shining! :wink:
    Don't you guys get a whacky piece of hair at the very back of the top of your head when you take out the P? I can't seem to get this thing to go away.

Occasionally. I skip curl the piece that isn't curled anymore. I probably get it more often than I think but I only see the back of my head if I'm picture wh0ring for nc.com. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file