How to exfoliate with SA?

quthrt17quthrt17 Posts: 69Registered Users
I was thinking about buying trial samples from Dianna Yvonne. I wanted to know if the SA needs to be used with a cloth or a brush or can I just put directly on my face?
*quthrt17*

Step 1: Shampoo every day or every other day with either Graham Webb Making Waves or Herbal Essences Hello Hydration

Step 2: Condition every day with either Graham Webb Making Waves or Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. Finger comb through and let sit for the rest of my shower

Step 3: Rake in one pump of TIGI Curls Rock Amplifier and then scrunch.

This routine is working pretty well for me...... and it is simple

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    quthrt17 wrote: »
    I was thinking about buying trial samples from Dianna Yvonne. I wanted to know if the SA needs to be used with a cloth or a brush or can I just put directly on my face?

Nothing needed, the acid does the work. Just apply directly to the skin...avoiding the eye area (eyes do not need to be exfoliated). The DY SA comes in a bottle that isn't condusive to easy application, so they send you gauze pads with it. I do not use the gauze pads, because I feel it wastes product. I transfer mine to a dropper bottle and apply directly with the dropper. The directions on the bottle say to wash it off, but that's incorrect (they say that to cover thier butts I think). It's a leave-on product.

After applying an acid, you need to wait 30 minutes to allow time for the skin to neutralize it before applying anything else.

If you get any flakes on the skin from the SA, you can just wipe them away with a washcloth or microfiber cloth when cleansing, or just with water.
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I really like DY's SA. I use the 2% once a day at night. I used to apply twice a day. In fact, I did that for a pretty long time, then realized that was overdoing it a bit for me, so now I just apply in the p.m. I used to apply my SA the way RCW described in her post, but I prefer using a small amount on a cotton pad. I like the way my face feels afterward when I apply it this way. My pores just feel cleaner, and the 4-oz. bottle I'm using, I've had for months, so I don't feel as if I'm wasting any product. Also, if I have any makeup left on after washing (I use cleanser w/a microfiber cloth, use very little makeup, and sometimes there is still makeup residue on my face...go figure!) I find applying the SA w/a cotton pad doubles as a toner effect.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file