Question about PSF

LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
I'm currently using Dr. Haucchka skincare products, and I really like them, but I'm considering a switch to PSF which looks more affordable. The basic Dr. H skincare line (cleansers, toner, moisturizer) costs about $120. That doesn't include masks, eye cream, or treatment products.

I use Retin-A for acne, so my skin is pretty sensitive. Any opinions about PSF? I'm 37, so I'm primarily interested in anti-aging properties but I don't want anything that will irritate my skin or leave me red/flaky. TIA!
Loose botticelli curls and waves
No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Dr. Hauschka's products are mostly all skin-barrier damaging, or non-active. PSF's Gentle Castile cleanser is a fantastic product, and you will probably find your sensitive-Retin-A skin is much less sensitive once you stop using the damaging products.

If you use a non-detergent pH-neutral cleanser (like PSF's), you don't need a toner. So you can save money right there. Spend that money on PSF's Vit C serum, another great product.

I don't love all of PSF's products. I use their cleanser, Vit C (well not anymore, I've since started making my own), and their DMAE (the very BEST anti-aging product I've ever found). PSF is the only company currently making a DMAE product at the same proportions and pH that a study proved effective. It truly is skin firming, just like they say.
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Thanks for the info, RCW. I have to finish up the Dr. H because I can't toss it in good conscience. I'll give the PSF a try when the Dr. H is gone.

If you don't mind, I'll send you a PM before I order for other product recommendations.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LoloDSM wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, RCW. I have to finish up the Dr. H because I can't toss it in good conscience. I'll give the PSF a try when the Dr. H is gone.

If you don't mind, I'll send you a PM before I order for other product recommendations.

PM me anytime. I understand not wanting to toss expensive products...I was in the same predicament at one time. What I did was "set aside" my expensive products while I "tested" the stuff that was better for my skin. What I ended up doing was relegating the expensive products to my body instead. I'd much rather risk the skin on my ass than the skin on my face. ;)
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm using their Castille Cleanser right now without problems. I have mild rosacea, with its inherent sensitivity. Some people have had issues with it though.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,682Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I recently started using PSF's PhytoNutriv Lightening Serum. So far, I like it -- not seeing major results yet, but it's just been a few weeks, and I am seeing very subtle improvement in my age/sun spots.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file