We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Question About Pre-Poo Treatments

CrosshairsCrosshairs Posts: 127Registered Users
I was just wondering...do most of you put in your pre-poo treatment on wet or dry hair?

I've been co-washing, then applying coconut oil as an overnight pre-poo to wet hair and covering with a plastic cap. In the morning I use Devacurl's No-Poo (not really a shampoo), then condition again and style.

When I read that people do pre-poos, very rarely do they say if they apply on wet or dry hair. Can anyone let me know? ThanksA

Comments

• pelicanopelicano Posts: 580Registered Users
    I load my hair up with apricot oil before shampooing - always on dry hair. I've never tried with wet hair, so don't know what it would be like. Might be worth an experiment. :)
    Sarah.

Based in the UK. 2-something (2b?) hair. Very porous, fine and brittle/fragile

Hair loves: Drip drying, glycerine, shea butter, oils
    Hair hates: Plopping, any kind of gel, most conditioners (scalp issues).
  • jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    Pre poos are better on dry curly hair. They absorb better and there's less mess.
  • Mixed ChicaMixed Chica Posts: 150Registered Users
    So how does pre pooing work exactly?
  • holly8holly8 Posts: 632Registered Users
    So how does pre pooing work exactly?

A pre poo like a hot oil treatment makes the hair soft and it prevents the shampoo from drying out the hair.My shampoo is very gentle but i'll like to do a hot oil treatment again.I only did it about 2 or 3 times so far.
    Natural since Jan 2,07
    I did a BC
    Hair type:3C\3B
    Multi-racial hair
    Hair length:Started at neck and ears(in its curly state).In Dec 08 (2 years natural) My hair was somewhere near armpit length with bentonite clay in my hair.

Mission: to obtain healthy hair every day!!

Hair products:homemade products.....

:angel1::love5:
  • holly8holly8 Posts: 632Registered Users
    Crosshairs wrote: »
    I was just wondering...do most of you put in your pre-poo treatment on wet or dry hair?

I've been co-washing, then applying coconut oil as an overnight pre-poo to wet hair and covering with a plastic cap. In the morning I use Devacurl's No-Poo (not really a shampoo), then condition again and style.

When I read that people do pre-poos, very rarely do they say if they apply on wet or dry hair. Can anyone let me know? ThanksA

I apply it to dry hair.Almost 2 years ago I made my olive oil hot( caution) and I apply it to my puffy dry hair, shampoo,and left my hair to air dry.Hours later I felt defined curls in my short puff( i braided the front and i had a band on the rest of my hair to make a puff).I hope when i try that method again it would work.Some products that i used when my hair was short didn't work well on my hair now.i heard some people here said the same thing abou their hair.
    Natural since Jan 2,07
    I did a BC
    Hair type:3C\3B
    Multi-racial hair
    Hair length:Started at neck and ears(in its curly state).In Dec 08 (2 years natural) My hair was somewhere near armpit length with bentonite clay in my hair.

Mission: to obtain healthy hair every day!!

Hair products:homemade products.....

:angel1::love5:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file