safest ways to straighten?

swerven29swerven29 Posts: 17Registered Users
I'm a 2b with hair about to my shoulders when curly. During summer, my hair is pretty good. It gets a bit curlier and cooperates a little more. But fall and cooler weather is coming, and with it means my hair has more bad days than good. It doesn't have a definite wave or curl pattern, some parts curl awesome and other parts are straight w/ an odd wave. I'm considering straightening now and then, which I haven't done since the end of April. What is the best way to do this w/o damaging my hair or giving it less curl? And what products should I use? I'm currently using [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-LowPoo-p-54.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-lowpoo]DevaCurl low poo[/buylink] once a week, VO5 conditioner, and Herbal Essences Totally Twisted scrunch gel (so silicone, sulfate, and protein free). Any suggestions would be really helpful!

Comments

• MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    There's a straightening board, you might have better luck asking there.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file