CurlTalk

Why so knotty?!

Karua12Karua12 Posts: 155Registered Users
I have almost 3 inches of new growth and I love every inch. I never really have problems sectioning since they already twist/wave all by themselves. However, my relaxed hair is a whole different problem. I guess they're rebelling because now I get so many knots, a problem I never had before. All my knots happen in the permed section, never the natural. Does anyone know why this is? And other than daily detangling and the uncommon snip of a scissors, I really have no other solution for this now stubborn hair. Did anyone else have the same problem?
Hey everyone!~ I've BCed! Yay! (13 month transition)
Last Perm: March 23, 2008
BC: April 24, 2009

Goals: To learn how to style my hair and continue to grow it healthy and happy!
Hair type: :o 4b near the temples, 3c in the back/nape and 4a everywhere! Mostly coily-curly with medium-fine strands and medium thickness.

event.png

Comments

• Karua12Karua12 Posts: 155Registered Users
    No suggestions?

Hair type: :o 4b near the temples, 3c in the back/nape and 4a everywhere! Mostly coily-curly with medium-fine strands and medium thickness.

event.png

• mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users
    Yes I had the same problem in the beginning. A simple solution was to have my stylist cut my hair (I think I cut 3 inches at the time but you can obviously cut less) and the problem disappeared.

I also followed up with an Aphogee Protein treatment. I didn't shed after this.
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• Karua12Karua12 Posts: 155Registered Users
    Thanks alot! :) Now that I think about it I haven't had a trim in a few months...

event.png