body lotion recomendation

violetsviolets Registered Users Posts: 1,689 Curl Neophyte
Now that fall is coming I must start moisturizing again. Any recommendations?
I wish I could use my hyaluronic moisturizer but that is way to expensive to use in your body.

Comments

• ajaneajane Registered Users Posts: 323
    I have extremely dry skin. It flakes without lotion on and looks like aligator skin. I have had the best luck keeping my skin moisturized by alternating using lotion with olive oil. One day olive oil on wet skin (don't dry off, just put oil on) then lotion after the next shower. I found if I use the same thing for weeks on end (either the lotion or the oil), my skin is very dry.

Some people use shea butter, cocoa butter, or coconut oil!

I have not found a natural lotion I like on my skin, they just aren't moisturizing enough. I usually use Vaseline brand, aloe or the original. I recently started a bottle of Suave Naturals but have only used it on my hands so far, it is okay-not great though. Aveeno is good, but kind of pricey. Eucerin (the kind in the pump bottle) is good, I also like Curel. Good luck!
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Registered Users Posts: 5,766 Curl Connoisseur
    I really like Vaseline brand cocoa butter lotion.
    I also use shea butter with Argan oil.
    Sometimes I'll take a capful of olive oil and rub it on my skin while I'm in the shower and then stand under the water and rinse it off and then use body lotion.
    Not sure if that's ok to do or not, but it makes my skin soooo soft. I love it.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    Windrift Hill body butter (scroll down a bit) is fantastic. I can't imagine anything better. I wouldn't recommend it as a primary moisturizer, but it's perfect for extremely dry skin. Aside from the preservative, it's all natural butters, goat milk, aloe, and bees wax. It's kind of like AO Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner for skin. Just make sure that you get the unscented kind--the others have overwhelming fragrances.
  • bluujaybluujay Registered Users Posts: 71
    believe it or not the Suave pump bottle moisturizer is really good and it's less than $3. I also love the Queen Helene Mango Cocoa butter- comes in a 32oz bottle and it's like $3.29. I'll never buy that expensive stuff again...
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Registered Users Posts: 2,678 Curl Neophyte
    I've always used Body Shop butters and 'whip' lotions. Now that I've become a KBB junkie, I've ordered some of her lotions and butters ... so far they are the best I've tried.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • CurlyValCurlyVal Registered Users Posts: 15
    I like the Body Shop butters as well, esp the Coconut and Strawberry. I also like Mark (by Avon) body butters, esp the Lemon Sugar. On my desk at work for my hands I have Boots No.7 Completely Quenched (got this at CVS). All of these are non greasy- my biggest pet peeve in a lotion!
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    I like the Bath and Body Works body creams (not the lotions...they're not moisturizing enough) for when the cooler weather rolls around.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Registered Users Posts: 6,959
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    Windrift Hill body butter (scroll down a bit) is fantastic. I can't imagine anything better. I wouldn't recommend it as a primary moisturizer, but it's perfect for extremely dry skin. Aside from the preservative, it's all natural butters, goat milk, aloe, and bees wax. It's kind of like AO Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner for skin. Just make sure that you get the unscented kind--the others have overwhelming fragrances.
    That's bummer, because the scents sound heavenly.

How are they value-wise? I see the 4oz is $10.50, does it last forever?
    Minneapolis, MN
  • egyptiancurls89egyptiancurls89 Registered Users Posts: 607
    i loooove nubian heritage lotions. they are rich like butters but their actually lotions, and their butters are insane!! anyways i have pretty rough and dry skin in the colder months and this stuff (all organic and not too expensive btw) always makes me silky! o and they all smell amazing ... my favs are the pure shea butter and the honey black seed oil lotion.!!
    3B~Fine, porus, and really long
    HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB :toothy10:
    :farao:Proud To Be Egyptian!
    "Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights