*UPDATE after using...*Feedback on I Feel Pretty Products?

Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Registered Users Posts: 1,834 Curl Connoisseur
After looking at these for awhile on and off, I decided to give a few items a try from I Feel Pretty Products...I ordered
Pretty Amazing Plus 5% BHA/10% AHA liquid
This is the strongest product that I offer - and I only recommend it to people who have already gone through my 2% BHA product, the 2% BHA/4% AHA product, and the 5% BHA products and still feel they need a more powerful product. I do not recommend this product to beginners or to those who have not used my 2% BHA/4% AHA product.
(4 oz. cobalt blue PET bottle w/ black disc top) - $26 sale price $22.10
Active ingredients: 5% salicylic acid & 10% lactic acid
Other ingredients: water, SDA40B, propylene glycol, glycerin

Not Just Another Pretty Face Clarifying Serum
for oily/acne-prone skin - (1 oz. glass cobalt bottle w/ Euro dropper insert) Facial moisturizer/treatment for oily/acne-prone skin.

Ingredients: hazelnut oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, red raspberry seed oil, borage seed oil. evening primrose oil, and lavender, German chamomile, rose geranium & palmarosa essential oils.
Shelf life: 4-6 months

Eyes So Pretty Nourishing Elixir
Ingredients:Apricot kernel oil, cranberry oil, macadamia nut oil, argan oil, calendula-infused oil, borage seed oil, evening primrose oil, black raspberry oil, blueberry oil, tamanu oil, pomegranate seed oil, Vitamin K, seabuckthorn berry oil, and lavender, sweet orange, neroli, carrot seed, & lavender essential oils. Shelf life: 4-6 months
Has anyone tried any of her products? I already like the fact that I had an unsolicited refund for some shipping cost that was overcharged at checkout since it fits in a smaller package, and received a shipping notice the day after ordering...

Comments

• Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Registered Users Posts: 1,834 Curl Connoisseur
    Well, I guess I'm the only one, but I figured I'd update anyway :). I've only had the products a few days, but I'm very impressed. I love the BHA/AHA liquid. My face had been broken out a bit from taking excess Biotin, and most had gone away, but my pores still seemed clogged. The liquid goes on so smooth, no real stinging or dry feeling, and after this short time it has brightened and cleared my complexion considerably. I know it may not last, but it's a very good first impression. The face serum, which is all natural oils only, absorbs in almost immediately and has kept oil in check while lightly moisturizing, so I guess it's helping to balance everything out. And the eye formulation-also all natural oils- also absorbs readily, and seems to moisturize and "plump" the area. I know it's not an anti-aging formulation (although she does make them), but it appears to perform as it's supposed to. All in all, I'm very happy with this purchase. The serums will last me forever since it only takes a few drops for the face, and only 1 drop for both eyes. I still use my retin-a daily, but may eventually try samples of her anti-aging items just to see what they do if anything...
  • CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    those sound interesting. I might order that. I like both BHA and AHA's for different reasons. Are they as effective together in the same formula?
  • LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Registered Users Posts: 2,812
    So...an oil is clearing up your skin? I guess I'm kind of in the dark here. I thought the idea was to allow oxygen into the skin to prevent bacteria from causing breakouts...and doesn't oil clog pores, preventing oxygen?

(Not trying to be a smartas*, I've just never heard this before. Please enlighten me. :) )
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

CurlyGina2 wrote: »
    those sound interesting. I might order that. I like both BHA and AHA's for different reasons. Are they as effective together in the same formula?
    I never really used AHA's, only PSF's BHA. I used it again last night, and I swear my skin is smoother each morning after I apply it. The price for 4 oz is very good, I think...
    SydneyCurl wrote: »
    So...an oil is clearing up your skin? I guess I'm kind of in the dark here. I thought the idea was to allow oxygen into the skin to prevent bacteria from causing breakouts...and doesn't oil clog pores, preventing oxygen?

(Not trying to be a smartas*, I've just never heard this before. Please enlighten me. :) )
    I would think it's the same principal involved as with the Oil Cleansing Method. Here is what she lists as the function of each of the oils in the serum I bought:
    Jojoba oil - not really an oil, but a wax that is highly penetrating and closely resembles natural sebum. Good for balancing oil production in any skin type.
    Hazelnut oil - light, penetrating oil that is slightly astringent, making it an excellent choice for oily, acne-prone skin. Hazelnut oil is high in essential fatty acids (oleic & linoleic). This oil's toning action also may help strengthen capillaries and assist in cell regeneration.
    Grapeseed oil - a light, penetrating oil, rich in vitamins, minerals, linoleic acid and other essential fatty acids, that is useful for all skin types. May be regenerating and restructurizing. It has mildly astringent qualities which may help to tighten and tone the skin.
    Red raspberry seed oil - contains exceptionally high levels of alpha and gamma tocopherols (Vitamin E), vitamin A and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Has wonderful anti-inflammatory & anti-oxidant properties. The SPF of red raspberry seed oil has been found to be equal to that of titanium dioxide and has been rated to have an SPF as high as 28-50 (Oomah et al 2000).*
    Borage seed oil - one of the richest sources of gamma linolenic acid, it also contains important vitamins and minerals. Borage seed oil has been known to help slow down the aging process of the skin, promote regeneration of new skin cells, & when used regularly, it can help to soften fine lines and wrinkles. It is also an anti-inflammatory.
    Evening primrose oil - high in gamma-linolenic acid (an essential fatty acid), making it an excellent skin-nourishing oil. Highly recommended for dry skin and to prevent pre-mature aging.
    Lavender essential oil - calms & soothes the skin, helps heal blemishes, stimulates circulation to the skin, reduces inflammation, and regulates oil secretion.
    Rose geranium essential oil - promotes regeneration of skin cells, speeds healing of blemishes, soothes sensitive skin, and helps balance oil production.
    German chamomile essential oil - anti-inflammatory which soothes sensitive skin; can reduce the redness of fragile or broken capillaries.
    Palmarosa essential oil - regulates oil production, helps clear acne, stimulates regeneration of cells, discourages wrinkles, and soothes inflammation

I've been wearing mmu all day over the serum, and no dryness, no oil, no shine...smooth, natural feeling skin...I think in the cooler months if I need more moisture I will just add a little of my camellia oil over it, since that absorbs wonderfully, too...I sure hope this continues to work for me...
  • VTmomVTmom Registered Users Posts: 2,487 Curl Connoisseur
    sorry...I'm just seeing this. I've used the 5%BHA/10%AHA and liked it. Not sure if I loved it, but I liked it. I have some left and will probably use it at some point. Kim (I think that's her name) is very conscientious and has wonderful customer service. Her prices are great. Glad it's working for you.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
    VTmom wrote: »
    sorry...I'm just seeing this. I've used the 5%BHA/10%AHA and liked it. Not sure if I loved it, but I liked it. I have some left and will probably use it at some point. Kim (I think that's her name) is very conscientious and has wonderful customer service. Her prices are great. Glad it's working for you.
    Thanks for your input :). I don't know what it is-maybe the bha/aha combo-but this is working much better, yet much more gently than PSF's bha did for me. I've been using this every other night, alternating nights with retin-a, and using the serum twice a day, and my skin is smooth & clear for the first time in a long time. I think I may email her for suggestions on introducing her anti-aging products into a routine as well. But one step at a time...First I need to determine that this is going to give me long term results...
  • VanedaVaneda Registered Users Posts: 402
    I have used IFP's 5% BHA. I liked it a lot, but I think I prefer DY's BHA as the 2% from DY seemed stronger, somehow, versus IFP.

Its been awhile since I shopped at IFP but from what I remember the prices were really reasonable - so if cost is a factor I think IFP is a good product for the money, or if someone was wanting a somewhat milder BHA.
    2/b-2/c - I shampoo daily with non-sulfate shampoos - right now am *loving* L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner
    For styling: homemade flax seed gel, Curl Keeper, and/or KCCC
    Current favorite product: *KCCC*!!

I find IFP's BHA/AHA cobo (5/10%) much less irritating on my skin than PSF's BHA, but it has cleared all blemishes and has kept my skin clear for weeks now. I use it after an Oil cleanser that has an emulsifier. I can't rave enough about the 3 products of hers that I am using, and the great thing is I've barely made a dent in them-the oils, especially, will last me forever, and my skin is completely balanced...The only thing I don't like is the girly name of the company, lol. But that I will happily live with :)
  • JillH410JillH410 Registered Users Posts: 594 Curl Neophyte
    Has anyone used a salicyclic acid peel and a BHA/AHA and have a preference? I'm trying to decide which I would like to go with...
    cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
    gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file