Hair Cut fear

micalela1micalela1 Posts: 5Registered Users
Eeep! I really need a haircut. The canopy of my hair is straight so the curls don't come out until more than 1/2 way down the length. I think the top layers are way to long.

So I'm thinking of getting a much shorter hairstyle. Not sure yet what I want but I need to do something about it. But its a big scary step to cut off that much hair.

I've had to live through hair disasters like everyone else. I just don't want to have to do it again. :angry7:

Comments

• CarnitaCarnita Posts: 32Registered Users
    How short are you thinking of going? Will your hair pull into tighter curls if you go short?
    2a

Baking soda wash, acv rinse

Aloe vera gel, experimenting with ky jelly :tongue3:
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i think more than the length, it's who cuts your hair. in my experience is that it is far better to spend more $ and go less often for a great cut. i've been there, also, with bad cuts. i used to get a knot in my stomach going for a haircut. however, since i started going to devachan that has not been the case. for me, it is so worth the $ and the trip. however, i only go 2, 3 times a year, so it's not any more expensive than when i was getting cheaper cuts every 4-6 weeks! and i am always happy with my hair.
    i don't know where you live, but if you can, i'd look for a deva-trained stylist. you can look on devachan's website for them. i forget what you click on, but then it allows you to look for someone in your area.
    good luck!

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    It may depend on how long you've been treating your hair well too. My canopy had straight/frizzy areas for weeks when I first started CG. It took a lot of TLC for it to start waving and curling. My ends are still pretty damaged and aren't as curly as my roots. So, take off a little at a time, and treat your hair gently. It will get better!
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • tctc Posts: 986Registered Users
    I also have a fear of getting my hair cut ever since one time when I asked for a trim and got a mullet. I feel your pain ... hopefully we can both find a good stylist!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file