Frizz Help Please!

dreambreezedreambreeze Posts: 5Registered Users
Hey everyone,
I'm really just a lurker on this site but my hair's misbehaviour is crushing me. I'd classify myself as a 2cMii, but my big problem is too much frizz and volume from what I think is lack of moisture retention. Right now I'm using Suave Coconut Conditioner and CK, and the occasional Head and Shoulders when the dandruff starts to kick in. I don't really know how that affects my hair, but it does help my scalp!
At any rate, CK goes into drippy wet hair and turns crunchy as it dries, and sometimes tame my hair by morning (no plopping or diffusing or blowdrying of any sort), but other times it just inflates like a balloon and feels/looks like a bale of hay. I get no clumping, no shine, no lovin at all from it until I sleep on it again, which makes it a bit smoother.
Does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of the dryness and frizz? It's been a long-fought battle and I'm a year out of a straightperm (yeah imagine that, half my hair is a giant poof and the other is silky straight).

Thanks in advance!
Shampoo: thinkhappy Organic Surge Citrus and Mint
Conditioner: Suave Naturals Coconut + Honey, Yes to Carrots Pampering Hair Mud, LaCoupe Smooth & Shine Silky
Styling: Curl Keeper, Sunsilk Captivating Curls Leave-in, Aussie Sprunch Catch the Wave
:shock::eek::goofy:

Comments

• MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    How long have you been using this same routine? Because NONE of those products are going to give you any moisture, and the H&S has harsh detergents in it that will strip any moisture there is in your hair out.

I would suggest a moisture DT and a more moisturizing conditioner for after your CO wash with the Suave. I'm battling a similar problem; the advice I got was to switch my Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat low-poo with the Giovanni 50:50 low poo and conditioner. I bought them yesterday and used them this morning. I kind of miss the scent of the Tea Tree Triple Treat, but so far so good, and I'll manage.

Good luck.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    How long have you been using this same routine? Because NONE of those products are going to give you any moisture, and the H&S has harsh detergents in it that will strip any moisture there is in your hair out.

I would suggest a moisture DT and a more moisturizing conditioner for after your CO wash with the Suave. I'm battling a similar problem; the advice I got was to switch my Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat low-poo with the Giovanni 50:50 low poo and conditioner. I bought them yesterday and used them this morning. I kind of miss the scent of the Tea Tree Triple Treat, but so far so good, and I'll manage.

Good luck.

I agree. Sounds like you need more moisture. Try doing a search for dandruff. There have been quite a few threads about flaking, itchiness and dandruff that might be able to give you something to try other than H&S.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • dreambreezedreambreeze Posts: 5Registered Users
    Thanks for the replies!
    SO. I've done a bit of poking around the forums and now I have a couple ideas I'd like to try. The CG book suggests "After you rinse or shampooed your hair in warm water, apply 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel to your scalp. Massage gently for several minutes. Rinse hair and condition as usual. Or leave in as an alternative to hair gel" and there are some suggestions for brown sugar, or the apple cider vinegar rinse. Tea tree oil seems to be a natural solution to soothing the scalp, and also just stopping harsh shampoos will stop irritation in general, maybe Avalon Organics Tea Tree Scalp. But my main concern was the moisture, and finding something CG that would still provide that. Abba Pure Moisture, Tigi Moisture Maniac Conditioner, Biosilk Silk Therapy and Qhemet Olive Honey Hydrating Balm. Now I just need to get my hands on some of these... =)
    Shampoo: thinkhappy Organic Surge Citrus and Mint
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Coconut + Honey, Yes to Carrots Pampering Hair Mud, LaCoupe Smooth & Shine Silky
    Styling: Curl Keeper, Sunsilk Captivating Curls Leave-in, Aussie Sprunch Catch the Wave
    :shock::eek::goofy:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file