Favorite eye shadow color combos

The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
What are your faves, especially if they're unexpected or untraditional combinations...? Also please describe your coloring (light, dark, olive, golden, warm, etc.)

You can also describe your entire makeup "look." if you like (including cheek and lip colors, application techniques, and specialized tools or products).
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    almost all my makeup is from MAC so just about every colour i mention in relation to myself is from there.

my best "non-tradtional" combination for eyes (mine are DARK brown) is Orange Tangent with Sumptuous Olive and Shale (dark purple gray).
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    Oh! Pls tell me how you apply those. Thanks!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    of course, cherie! my absolute favourite eye shadow brush in the whole world is Maxine's Mop from Loew-Cornell (you can get them at Michael's Craft Stores) in the 1/4 inch size. (i have 8 of those brushes and use them constantly.)

i use the orange at the inner corner and as the highlight - it's actually quite pale and slightly shimmery. then put the green over 2/3s of the lid and finish with the purple at the outer third of my lid and brushed into the crease.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    pictures?
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    If I'm actually wearing it for something where I can get away with a more dramatic eye, I like the gray family. Sort of like in the pic below.

I usually don't wear it at other times. But, sometimes I like the brown families. My regular makeup look is some loose powder and mascara.

2aoiu1.jpg
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    MAC fan here too. I usually stick to greys, browns and purples.

I happened to get a freebie quad from Clinique that I really like that I when I want something different. There is peach and turquoise in it. I cover my lid with Bejing shadestick, then peach across the lid, turquoise in my crease and outer corner. Then I line the inside bottom of me eye in the peach and outside in the turquoise. Highlight: daytime - Shroom, nighttime - the goldie from the Clinique quad.

It's kind of hard to see in this pic but this is the combo.

PloppedHair003-vi.jpg

ETA: After looking again, it seems I decided not to do the turquoise on top this particular day and can't find a picture where I did. :(
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for the ideas! Everyone looks great!

And RCC, are your eyes grey? Cool!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    Phoenix, thank you for noticing! I like to call them grey, but many call them blue or green. It's nice to see when someone else thinks they're grey too. :)
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file