Hair type help

andrabellandrabell Posts: 73Registered Users
I think I'm a 2a but I'd like a confirmation on that. Here's a recent pic of where my hair is now since starting to grow it out.

Thanks! :notworthy:

IMG_0466-2.jpg
IMG_1590-2.jpg
Wash~Jason Thin to Thick Shampoo
Leave-in~Cocoa Pink Silky Free mixed with Boots Pink Curl Cream
Scrunch~Kinky Curly Curling Custard (bow down!)
Style~Air dry/Pixie Curl diffuse

Comments

• MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    it's kind of hard to tell, because I think your hair's like mine and tends to curl more when it has a little more length and weight to help it out.

Right now I'd say you're a 2B/2C, but some of your curls in the front look like they might venture into 3A territory if your hair was longer.

Very cute!
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I think you're probably a 3A that just hasn't grown enough to really spiral yet.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    I think you're probably a 3A that just hasn't grown enough to really spiral yet.

Ditto that. I think it's got too much curl at the root to be any kind of 2.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • lapushkalapushka Posts: 601Registered Users
    MimsTX wrote: »
    Right now I'd say you're a 2B/2C, but some of your curls in the front look like they might venture into 3A territory if your hair was longer.

Very cute!

I agree, I'd say 2b/c also. 2c means you'd have to have some spiraling in a few places.

Looks great!
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Pretty!
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • andrabellandrabell Posts: 73Registered Users
    Thanks for the help and the compliments. :love1:

I don't have tons of curl at the root (especially at the crown and back) and it lays pretty close to my head if not styled properly. But I do get spirals as the length grows in. A 2b/2c with coaxing a 3a?
    IMG_1590-2.jpg
    Wash~Jason Thin to Thick Shampoo
    Leave-in~Cocoa Pink Silky Free mixed with Boots Pink Curl Cream
    Scrunch~Kinky Curly Curling Custard (bow down!)
    Style~Air dry/Pixie Curl diffuse

• MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    if you get spirals, I'd definitely say 3A. If they start at the root, you might be 3A/3B.

Your hair sounds a lot like mine. I just have some areas underneath in the back that refuse to curl and just want to wave :P thus the 2C.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    MimsTX wrote: »
    if you get spirals, I'd definitely say 3A. If they start at the root, you might be 3A/3B.

Your hair sounds a lot like mine. I just have some areas underneath in the back that refuse to curl and just want to wave :P thus the 2C.

Same for me only it's parts of my canopy on the back and sides that refuse to curl. I'm mostly 3A though.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'd go with 3a. My hair wouldn't have as much curl if it was that short. You have more root curl than many people who post themselves as 3a.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file