CurlTalk

Sarah Palin's speech

keikokkeikok BannedPosts: 585Banned Users
I'm watching it right now. She is so wonderful!
At first I was unsure, but now I know why McCain picked her. She is amazing.
Keiko

my fotki-its a work in progress
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkeikok%2F" class="Popup
password:curly
«1345678

Comments

  • bbbeccabbbecca Banned Posts: 232Banned Users
    I agree!!!! She has a great sense of humor too!
    "'You come of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve,' said Aslan.'"
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fbbecca%2Fhair-pics%2F" class="Popup
    pw-curls
    Koukla72 wrote: »
    when you claim in your nomination speech to the families of special needs children, "I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House" after having reduced funding for special needs education by 62%
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.factcheck.org%2Felections-2008%2Fsliming_palin.html" class="Popup
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    She is a good speaker. I am enjoying it so far.

    I need to find a link to Mr. Obama's speech because I missed it the other night.
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    She seemed a little nervous initially but she seemed to calm down and is doing a good job with the teleprompter. Wonder who wrote her speech?
  • bbbeccabbbecca Banned Posts: 232Banned Users
    "it's not just a community and it doesn't need an organizer" lol
    I also loved that part earlier where she compared her job to Obama's.
    "'You come of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve,' said Aslan.'"
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fbbecca%2Fhair-pics%2F" class="Popup
    pw-curls
    Koukla72 wrote: »
    when you claim in your nomination speech to the families of special needs children, "I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House" after having reduced funding for special needs education by 62%
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.factcheck.org%2Felections-2008%2Fsliming_palin.html" class="Popup
  • battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
    She's not very charismatic but she speaks well. I'm cringing at all the praise she's heaping on McCain, though. She just barely met the guy, like, two weeks ago, and she's going on like he's the messiah. It doesn't sound genuine at all.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    tantrum wrote: »
    She's not very charismatic but she speaks well. I'm cringing at all the praise she's heaping on McCain, though. She just barely met the guy, like, two weeks ago, and she's going on like he's the messiah. It doesn't sound genuine at all.

    yeah, it does sound sycophantal in way.

    Not super engaging, but not a bad speaker. Giuliani did better.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

    Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    tantrum wrote: »
    She's not very charismatic but she speaks well

    You're right. She doesnt use big vocabulary words, she just uses words she needs to get the point across.
    Myradella-I disagree I didn't think she looked nervous at all, in fact it didn't even look like she was looking at a teleprompter during the speech seeing as how she was always looking in a different place after a few seconds.
    Keiko

    my fotki-its a work in progress
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkeikok%2F" class="Popup
    password:curly
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    Speckla wrote: »
    She is a good speaker. I am enjoying it so far.

    I need to find a link to Mr. Obama's speech because I missed it the other night.


    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtQGsP8mnHsg" class="Popup


    As for Mrs. Palin's speech. Eh? Honestly, I kept telling myself I was going to listen to her speech with an open mind. I listened, but nothing she said, convinced me that the McCain/ Palin ticket will benefit me anymore than the Obama/Biden ticket. I've said before, I'm middle class so either way I'm screwed. It's just who will screw me more and I think the McCain/Palin ticket will.
    Location: Chicago

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    She's cutesy, and folksy, and my son thinks she's got the hot librarian look going on, but, god, it's awful painful to watch her drivel.
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    Was the baby daddy's hand glued to Bristol's?
    Seriously, did I just miss her introduction of Bristol and her beloved?
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    YolyC wrote: »
    I've said before, I'm middle class so either way I'm screwed. It's just who will screw me more and I think the McCain/Palin ticket will.



    That's pretty much it...we're screwed either way. We can vote Dem and hope to god that Obama keeps his promises about affordable healthcare for everyone and alternative engergy, but he probably won't. Or, we can vote Rep and hope to god that McCain keeps his promises about energy or lowering taxes, but he probably won't. Either way, it's going to end up costing me money...a lot of it. This 2 year campaign was expensive.

    One thing I do know...McCain will appoint anti-woman judges to the Supreme Court...and I can't vote for that. It always comes down to abortion. The rest is just fluff.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    I thought she did great(and knew she would), especially defending herself. She did seem a teeny bit nervous though which surprised me. She's a great choice for the party. (which I do not support btw)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    YolyC wrote: »
    Speckla wrote: »
    She is a good speaker. I am enjoying it so far.

    I need to find a link to Mr. Obama's speech because I missed it the other night.


    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtQGsP8mnHsg" class="Popup


    As for Mrs. Palin's speech. Eh? Honestly, I kept telling myself I was going to listen to her speech with an open mind. I listened, but nothing she said, convinced me that the McCain/ Palin ticket will benefit me anymore than the Obama/Biden ticket. I've said before, I'm middle class so either way I'm screwed. It's just who will screw me more and I think the McCain/Palin ticket will.

    I'm leaning more towards the need for a third party. Write in Speckla on election day and I promise free hair care products for all curlies. :wink:
  • keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    She's cutesy, and folksy, and my son thinks she's got the hot librarian look going on, but, god, it's awful painful to watch her drivel.

    Let me just say that I have seen a lot of women lately with the hair and the glasses. I have a feeling you're going to be seeing A LOT of people channel Palin.
    Keiko

    my fotki-its a work in progress
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkeikok%2F" class="Popup
    password:curly
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    keikok wrote: »
    She's cutesy, and folksy, and my son thinks she's got the hot librarian look going on, but, god, it's awful painful to watch her drivel.

    Let me just say that I have seen a lot of women lately with the hair and the glasses. I have a feeling you're going to be seeing A LOT of people channel Palin.

    Meh. Tina Fey did it first and better.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

    Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    I'm not a fan, and I thought she did very well.

    She looks too much like Tina Fey to take her seriously. I already have one comedian in my race (Al Franken), can't handle another.

    ETA: RCC, we typed at the same time! I guess great minds think alike. ;)
    Minneapolis, MN
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    bbbecca wrote: »
    "it's not just a community and it doesn't need an organizer" lol
    I also loved that part earlier where she compared her job to Obama's.

    That's the scary part. She doesn't understand the role of community and community organization in an urban area.
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    Speckla wrote: »
    YolyC wrote: »
    Speckla wrote: »
    She is a good speaker. I am enjoying it so far.

    I need to find a link to Mr. Obama's speech because I missed it the other night.


    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtQGsP8mnHsg" class="Popup


    As for Mrs. Palin's speech. Eh? Honestly, I kept telling myself I was going to listen to her speech with an open mind. I listened, but nothing she said, convinced me that the McCain/ Palin ticket will benefit me anymore than the Obama/Biden ticket. I've said before, I'm middle class so either way I'm screwed. It's just who will screw me more and I think the McCain/Palin ticket will.

    I'm leaning more towards the need for a third party. Write in Speckla on election day and I promise free hair care products for all curlies. :wink:

    You have my vote. Can I be your VP?
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    I think she's a great speaker but nothing she said convinced me I should vote for the Republican ticket in this election.
    Location: Southern NH

    If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • SleighSleigh Posts: 1,226Registered Users
    YolyC wrote: »
    I've said before, I'm middle class so either way I'm screwed. It's just who will screw me more and I think the McCain/Palin ticket will.



    That's pretty much it...we're screwed either way. We can vote Dem and hope to god that Obama keeps his promises about affordable healthcare for everyone and alternative engergy, but he probably won't. Or, we can vote Rep and hope to god that McCain keeps his promises about energy or lowering taxes, but he probably won't. Either way, it's going to end up costing me money...a lot of it. This 2 year campaign was expensive.

    One thing I do know...McCain will appoint anti-woman judges to the Supreme Court...and I can't vote for that. It always comes down to abortion. The rest is just fluff.

    it would be nice to know what promises they were all going to actually keep.
    2c hair. maybe a little porous? my hair likes suave, vo5 and the big tease. going to be trying more lush soon. not sure how i feel about dr bronners.

    letting my hair be natural again after getting it straightened. yeah yeah, im a traitor :pirate:
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Meh - Not impressed. She spent too much time trying to slam Obama. The first 10 minutes were about her family - cute, endearing but I still don't know why she is prepared to be my VP...

    You can tell she didn't write the speech. Seemed like canned language from McCain's talking points.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

    mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs29.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc252%2Fwavezncurlz%2Fhair%2F" class="Popup
    password: curlzorwavez
  • bbbeccabbbecca Banned Posts: 232Banned Users
    Myradella3 wrote: »
    bbbecca wrote: »
    "it's not just a community and it doesn't need an organizer" lol
    I also loved that part earlier where she compared her job to Obama's.

    That's the scary part. She doesn't understand the role of community and community organization in an urban area.

    I didn't even know what a "community organizer" was until I heard Obama was one.
    Now I do know what it is (they basically complain on behalf of special interest groups) and think it's completely expendible. Mayors are so much more important.
    "'You come of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve,' said Aslan.'"
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fbbecca%2Fhair-pics%2F" class="Popup
    pw-curls
    Koukla72 wrote: »
    when you claim in your nomination speech to the families of special needs children, "I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House" after having reduced funding for special needs education by 62%
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.factcheck.org%2Felections-2008%2Fsliming_palin.html" class="Popup
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Myradella3 wrote: »
    bbbecca wrote: »
    "it's not just a community and it doesn't need an organizer" lol
    I also loved that part earlier where she compared her job to Obama's.

    That's the scary part. She doesn't understand the role of community and community organization in an urban area.

    What Myradella said...
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

    mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs29.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc252%2Fwavezncurlz%2Fhair%2F" class="Popup
    password: curlzorwavez
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Novice
    Speckla wrote: »
    YolyC wrote: »
    Speckla wrote: »
    She is a good speaker. I am enjoying it so far.

    I need to find a link to Mr. Obama's speech because I missed it the other night.


    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtQGsP8mnHsg" class="Popup


    As for Mrs. Palin's speech. Eh? Honestly, I kept telling myself I was going to listen to her speech with an open mind. I listened, but nothing she said, convinced me that the McCain/ Palin ticket will benefit me anymore than the Obama/Biden ticket. I've said before, I'm middle class so either way I'm screwed. It's just who will screw me more and I think the McCain/Palin ticket will.

    I'm leaning more towards the need for a third party. Write in Speckla on election day and I promise free hair care products for all curlies. :wink:
    I'll be your campaign manager! Speckla for pres!!!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    keikok wrote: »
    She's cutesy, and folksy, and my son thinks she's got the hot librarian look going on, but, god, it's awful painful to watch her drivel.

    Let me just say that I have seen a lot of women lately with the hair and the glasses. I have a feeling you're going to be seeing A LOT of people channel Palin.

    Meh. Tina Fey did it first and better.

    LOL - She really reminds me of her!
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

    mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs29.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc252%2Fwavezncurlz%2Fhair%2F" class="Popup
    password: curlzorwavez
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    Myradella3 wrote: »
    bbbecca wrote: »
    "it's not just a community and it doesn't need an organizer" lol
    I also loved that part earlier where she compared her job to Obama's.

    That's the scary part. She doesn't understand the role of community and community organization in an urban area.


    That was my thought too. In rural America, it may not "take a village" but in the urban areas, yes, we need community organizers, we need a community who watches out for each other's kids. There are too many bad outside influences, so many that sometimes we as parents are overwhelmed. Knowing there is another set of eyes and ears is a big help.
    Location: Chicago

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    The sad thing is that I don't like either one of them.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    bbbecca wrote: »
    I didn't even know what a "community organizer" was until I heard Obama was one.
    Now I do know what it is (they basically complain on behalf of special interest groups) and think it's completely expendible. Mayors are so much more important.

    More scariness - that the two positions (mayor vs. organizer) are mutually exclusive and that every community (thus its needs?) is the same.

    But shouldn't she compare herself to Biden, not Obama?
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    I saw that she introduced her hubby, little girl, son and baby. Did she introduce the expectant parents?
  • jenbuggy85jenbuggy85 Posts: 232Registered Users
    love her! loved every min of it! great woman!:toothy7:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Biotera Styling gel (firm hold)
    Biotera Curl creme
    Sauve Naturals coconut conditioner as Co-wash and leave in.


    After all this I get about 3 or 4 days of good "wearable" hair.

    PROUD MOMMY AND ARMY WIFE!:toothy7:
«1345678