(Untitled)

curlinicatorcurlinicator Registered Users Posts: 911

Comments

• MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    I find something not necessarily lighter or darker, but rather with a more yellow cast than your natural skintone is best.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    yes, lighter...not darker
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    I actually wear one that's a shade or two darker than my skin. I have pale skin, and fairly dark under-eye circles. If I use a concealer that matches my skin, it just looks gray and chalky. In my case, using a concealer that's a little darker looks far more natural.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    as close as possible to your own skin colour is better than anything. lighter or darker can draw too much attention to something you want to hide.

a light-reflecting product (Smashbox Photo-Op Under Eye Brightener) is a good choice for hiding dark circles.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • curlinicatorcurlinicator Registered Users Posts: 911
    Funny...you got every possible response. Clear as mud, eh?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    It happens to me too. My skin's very oily but Becca has worked really well for me. And the Dermablend Dual is good if you need heavy coverage. I think it's water resistant too. Good luck!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    Can I purchase any of those at a drugstore?

you can get Dermablend at some Shopper's Drug Mart Stores in Canada (though they are more likely to sell Cover FX).

Becca is high-end and i doubt you'd find it at a drugstore. it's VERY expensive, but i've heard very good things about it. no, i've never tried it because it only recently came to Canada and the chain that carries it doesn't have a store in my small city.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    Can I purchase any of those at a drugstore?

Oh, sorry...Becca, no. I've never seen Dermablend at a drug store. But like Rou said in Canada they might have it in drug stores.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file