CurlTalk

Palin's Daughter IS pregnant now...

texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users
Just heard it on the news. She is 17 and planning to marry the father.

Comments

• legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    GASP! She had the sex before marriage?!

Can't wait to here how the judgmental asshats who ***** and moan about this type of stuff will defend this one.
    Eres o te haces?
  • preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Posts: 679Registered Users
    Well, this just gets curioser and curiouser, don't it?
    4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

:love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't know what's going on these days but I sure do feel sorry for this teenager who has all of her private business made public. She didn't sign on to be VP. I wonder if her parents thought about protecting her better in all of this.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • rnconniesfrnconniesf Posts: 256Registered Users
    I was thinking the same thing. This poor girl is going to be subjected to what will most likely turn out to be a very public, nasty smear campaign from both sides of the aisle. As if it's not hard enough to be pregnant and 17 yo let's add a world wide debate to what this young woman is already going through. I can only hope that both parties will declare this a private family matter and make it off limits.
    C
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    hmm...this is odd!! i hope they aren't forcing her to marry him, i wonder how old he is.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users
    rnconniesf wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing. This poor girl is going to be subjected to what will most likely turn out to be a very public, nasty smear campaign from both sides of the aisle. As if it's not hard enough to be pregnant and 17 yo let's add a world wide debate to what this young woman is already going through. I can only hope that both parties will declare this a private family matter and make it off limits.
    C

I hope so too, after all that's exactly what it is. I really hope she doesn't get dragged into the mud slinging.

I truly hate election years...
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    again??!!
    (lol, i'm just kidding)
    nothing needs to be said about this...people will have their own opinions about it...

as for palin, i wonder if now she wishes she wasn't going for vp so she could focus more on her family.
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    legends wrote: »
    GASP! Can't wait to here how the judgmental asshats who ***** and moan about this type of stuff will defend this one.

Me too. Kinda reminds me of Jamie-Lynn...pregnant, 17, marrying the father...and we all know how that turned out. :roll:

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • JayvynJayvyn Posts: 70Registered Users
    What a mess. Look at the comments from this MSN article.

Bristol Palin pregnant right now
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    Sarcasm aside (for a second, anyway), I actually respect that the Pallins are sticking to their stated beliefs and not having the girl secretly get an abortion so that mommy doesn't look bad (unless the teen WANTS an abortion and her parents forbid it and are insisting that she marry, then they're horrible).
    Eres o te haces?
    someone in the comments on that article brought up an interesting point...she's supposed to be 5 months...did she get pregnant while she had mono? this is all very odd...
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    It's never good news when a 17 year old is pregnant. Apparently, McCain knew about this prior to naming her. It'll be interesting to see how the hardcore wing of the party reacts. I personally don't it so much as as "sin" but more as a huge mistake.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users
    I loved this comment:
    There's not much else to do in Alaska in the winter...
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    Where there's smoke, there's fire. I do wish her and the baby well.
    i'm not sure all this was known before. i seriously doubt it but i could be wrong. right or wrong, people will look less favorably at a mother if her daughter gets pregnant as a teen (again not saying it's right but it does happen).
  • GurlwithCurlsGurlwithCurls Posts: 129Registered Users
    Why do I have a feeling this new baby will be born a month overdue. Of course by then the election will be over and it won't matter.
    3b/c and outta control
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    someone in the comments on that article brought up an interesting point...she's supposed to be 5 months...did she get pregnant while she had mono? this is all very odd...

She also got 3 driving violations while home with mono.
    luvmylocs wrote: »

wow-sers!
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    Scarlet wrote: »
    It's never good news when a 17 year old is pregnant. Apparently, McCain knew about this prior to naming her. It'll be interesting to see how the hardcore wing of the party reacts. I personally don't it so much as as "sin" but more as a huge mistake.

I just can't believe that this is true. Why would he invite that kind of drama into his campaign? Especially for an unknown VP candidate. I could see him accepting it if he picked Condoleeza Rice or some other woman/man who has already made a name for her/himself but I can't see how Pallin would be worth the risk.
  • merynmeryn Posts: 1,806Registered Users

So there's two Bristols? ANOTHER PALIN COVER-UP!!

(just kidding ya, ms, I know what you meant)
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    So...um...I guess teaching abstinence-only sex education doesn't work?!?!?

The skeptic in me thinks this may be just another layer to the lies and deception...and that maybe Bristol will have a "miscarriage" shortly, after the noise about her mother's faked pregnancy dies down. This poor girl...caught in her mother's web of ambition.
  • MistressM.MistressM. Banned Posts: 254Banned Users
    Wow, it's amazing how much personal stuff this candidate has going on. The BIL situation, rumors about her last pregnancy, daughter is now pregnant. Right after she's chosen for VP candidate, too. I would be saying the same thing if this was a male candidate. Palin is the 1st in line if McCain gets elected - him being 72 years old, the oldest to take the White House, with a history health problems. I've planned on reluctantly supporting Obama, but all along have said I'm ok with McCain and will hear him out before I make a definite choice. This VP pick really concerns me, though, because of both her extreme views on issues and the personal drama that surrounds her. I wonder how undecided voters feel about all of this.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    It's weird that the Palin's are presenting this news as a way to show the other rumor isn't true. That shows they feel the need to do that. If it weren't true, they probably wouldn't be acting on that need, but rather just not dignifying because it's ludicrous. After all there would be people like doctors, etc., who knew the truth. If you're going to dignify it, why use this.

That's aside from the fact that it doesn't actually prove she didn't carry Trig.
    legends wrote: »
    GASP! She had the sex before marriage?!

Can't wait to here how the judgmental asshats who ***** and moan about this type of stuff will defend this one.

Her daughter being pregnant doesn't make me consider her a hypocrite. A person is a hypocrite when their own actions don't match their words. What does bother me is if the rumor that Trig is Bristol's is true (and the more things considered, there is nothing that really defies the suggestion, but there's more suspicious material to go off of to strengthen the rumor). That would bother me because it's dishonest and unethical.

Someone who purports to have Christian values (as long as she still believes in democracy and will let the people decide) and promotes those values having a pregnant teenage daughter isn't a hypocrite. If she has publicly condemned extramarital affairs and has one of her own, that's hypocrite material.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • PigletPiglet Posts: 1,451Registered Users
    Bristol...Is that a place name in the USA, out of curiosity?
    Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
    No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Piglet wrote: »

It's a place name all over...I know there is a Bristol, Pennsylvania, and probably in many other states too. I think there's a Bristol Bay in Alaska. And, of course, there's Bristol, England. :)
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    if she were a democrat i doubt a teenage daughter being pregnant would make bit of difference. i mean, who cares? it's only important because the conservative right makes such a big deal about waiting for marriage before engaging in sex and condemning individuals (esp. the black community) for having a baby out of wedlock.

eta,
    now that i think about it...i think having teenage daughter pregnant would be an issue for either party and despite the gender of the candidate. our country is kind of in the dark ages when it comes to confronting teenage sex logically.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    Piglet wrote: »

I'm sure there are Bristols all over the place.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    I think there's a Bristol Bay in Alaska.

Yep, I read that Bristol Palin was named after it.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(