New Curly Salon in Atlanta

BrandycatBrandycat Posts: 126Registered Users
I'm not sure if this salon is open yet but I received a flyer for it. Curltopia in Smyrna. I plan to call and find out more about their services and products after the holiday. The ad shows more 2/3 curls, I know...

Here's to hoping. Either way, its a new place that carries widely used products.

www.curltopia.com
3 years natural
Keeping it simple & economical
Shea Moisture Shampoo
Shea Moisture Condish
Qhemet Karkady Tea Mist

Comments

  • preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Posts: 679Registered Users Curl Novice
    Ooooh, it's not too far from me, and they do two strand twists & coil outs! I may have to check 'em out.
    4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

    :love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!
  • mikosbellemikosbelle Posts: 363Registered Users
    I have had the pleasure of visiting Curltopia when they first opened up. The shop owner is Kristen James who used to have her own hair studio co-located with Urbanbella. Since then she opened the new salon in Smyrna. Tas who used to be at Urbanbella is a stylist over there as well. The salon is very upscale and chic, beautifully designed and they serve you complimentary beverages with your service, they also retail several different product lines (i.e. Miss Jessies and DevaCurl). I got some two-strand twists done and a Rapid Recovery Deep treatment. They run special events every now and then, but I am never in town when they are having them. Let us know how your visit turns out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]4A hair type, looking for healthy hair suggestions and improved styling techniques

    my hair pics:
    http://public.fotki.com/mikosbelle/
    no pw needed

    Currently experimeting with: MOP TOP :smurf:

    My staple product lines are Qhemet, Afroveda, Kinky-Curly, Oyin, and Curl Junkie :D

    Favorite combo: Afroveda pur whipped gelly + Kinky-Curly Curling Custard:angel8:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    mikosbelle wrote: »
    I have had the pleasure of visiting Curltopia when they first opened up. The shop owner is Kristen James who used to have her own hair studio co-located with Urbanbella. Since then she opened the new salon in Smyrna. Tas who used to be at Urbanbella is a stylist over there as well. The salon is very upscale and chic, beautifully designed and they serve you complimentary beverages with your service, they also retail several different product lines (i.e. Miss Jessies and DevaCurl). I got some two-strand twists done and a Rapid Recovery Deep treatment. They run special events every now and then, but I am never in town when they are having them. Let us know how your visit turns out.

    Ahh! I remember both of those stylists. What are their prices like?
  • BrandycatBrandycat Posts: 126Registered Users
    Ooh! Good to know that it's a 4a/b friendly salon.
    3 years natural
    Keeping it simple & economical
    Shea Moisture Shampoo
    Shea Moisture Condish
    Qhemet Karkady Tea Mist
  • mikosbellemikosbelle Posts: 363Registered Users
    quote]

    Ahh! I remember both of those stylists. What are their prices like?[/quote]

    Prices are comparable to Urbanbella. I paid about $80 I think and that did not include the tip for two-strand twists. I did visit while they had a special opening offer going on, but I doubt that offer is still in effect. Best thing to do is to call the salon and request pricing info. If you live in the area, you also could stop by and visit them prior to scheduling your appointment.

    HTH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]4A hair type, looking for healthy hair suggestions and improved styling techniques

    my hair pics:
    http://public.fotki.com/mikosbelle/
    no pw needed

    Currently experimeting with: MOP TOP :smurf:

    My staple product lines are Qhemet, Afroveda, Kinky-Curly, Oyin, and Curl Junkie :D

    Favorite combo: Afroveda pur whipped gelly + Kinky-Curly Curling Custard:angel8:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    mikosbelle wrote: »
    quote]

    Ahh! I remember both of those stylists. What are their prices like?

    Prices are comparable to Urbanbella. I paid about $80 I think and that did not include the tip for two-strand twists. I did visit while they had a special opening offer going on, but I doubt that offer is still in effect. Best thing to do is to call the salon and request pricing info. If you live in the area, you also could stop by and visit them prior to scheduling your appointment.

    HTH.[/quote]
    I work in Smyrna. I will check it out.:flower:
  • GlammourGirlGlammourGirl Posts: 131Registered Users
    Tas cut my hair at Urbanbella before, and I got a letter from him a while back when he left Urbanbella and went there. I didn't realize they sold products too. Do they sell all of the same product lines as Urbanbella or do they have something different?
  • BrandycatBrandycat Posts: 126Registered Users
    Eeyowch! I hadn't realized natural styling cost so much. But it makes sense because a touch up at Nseya was that price before they closed, so why not charge that at a swanky natural salon? This is Atl after all.

    Based on the flyer, they carry a lot of the same products as Urbanbella. Now if we could just get them to carry Jessicurl...
    3 years natural
    Keeping it simple & economical
    Shea Moisture Shampoo
    Shea Moisture Condish
    Qhemet Karkady Tea Mist
  • GlammourGirlGlammourGirl Posts: 131Registered Users
    Brandycat wrote: »
    Eeyowch! I hadn't realized natural styling cost so much. But it makes sense because a touch up at Nseya was that price before they closed, so why not charge that at a swanky natural salon? This is Atl after all.

    Based on the flyer, they carry a lot of the same products as Urbanbella. Now if we could just get them to carry Jessicurl...

    Seriously! If you find out that they do in the future, please let us know! I wish there was some place that sold them locally.
  • preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Posts: 679Registered Users Curl Novice
    Brandycat wrote: »
    Eeyowch! I hadn't realized natural styling cost so much. But it makes sense because a touch up at Nseya was that price before they closed, so why not charge that at a swanky natural salon? This is Atl after all.

    Based on the flyer, they carry a lot of the same products as Urbanbella. Now if we could just get them to carry Jessicurl...

    Seriously! If you find out that they do in the future, please let us know! I wish there was some place that sold them locally.

    Tell me about it!
    4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

    :love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file