Products for Beginners?

MissHidleyMissHidley Posts: 8Registered Users
Hey everyone,
I'm new to the site and to the CG method, and based on the info here I've been using completely the wrong products. So right now my hair is dull, dried out and blah. Can you recommend me what shampoo, conditioner and leave-in product (pref. mousse) would be good to get my hair back on track? I'm a 2b I think.
thanks!

PS I'm in Belgium so I'll have to mail order- can you mail order sample packs??
2a/b and shoulder length (but growing it)
CG since 15.09.08

Comments

• AngularScienceAngularScience Posts: 844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, most people who are CG don't use shampoo except when starting out in order to clarify. Since you are a wavy, I think Curly Girl says that you can shampoo once a week using a non-sulfate shampoo. Creme of Nature (abbreviated CoN) is a popular one, as is Deva Curls' Low-Poo or No-Poo. Aubrey Organics (abbreviated AO on the boards) sells some really popular conditioners, as do Suave and Alberto-Culver (the VO5 lines) for co-washes.

I'm not sure if these items are available to ship where you need them, but these are what I remember off the top of my head. The "Going Shampooless" and "General Hair" boards are probably going to get you more responses, though. Everyone here's really helpful. Welcome to the boards!
  • MissHidleyMissHidley Posts: 8Registered Users
    cool thanks for the hints! I'll cross post it to one of the other forums and see what else comes back... if not there is always trial and error ;-)
    2a/b and shoulder length (but growing it)
    CG since 15.09.08
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Here's a thread that can help guide you.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=47564
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file