Big Girl Moment - I bought my first diffuser

and learned how to spell it! :wink:

I'm so clueless on how to use it. I thought it'd be good because I won't be able to leave the house this winter with wet hair.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    i'm clueless how to use it beyond pluggin' in and turnin' on.

suggestions?
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Tilt to the side, take the bowl of the diffuser and cup it to your head with the hair cradled in the bowl. Turn on the diffuser on low, cool to warm setting and let it set for about 1 minute. Hit it with a cool shot, then turn it off and move to a new section. Do this until approximately 75%-85% dry, then let it air dry the rest of the way. That's what most people do, at least.

• AngularScienceAngularScience Posts: 844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I found this video, and though you probably aren't going to be using the same hair products, it shows a nice technique. Try to get over the ridiculously pretentious British accent, though:

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-blow-dry-curly-hair

lol @ Big Girl Moment.
    thank you

i do feel a little more grown up now. i'll leave the house with curls instead of looking like a wet rat. :laughing7:
    I just put the bowl onto the dryer and it looks like an alien gun or something. It's rather intimidating and I don't know why. :cry:
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • figiwater9figiwater9 Posts: 79Registered Users
    I bought my first one recentley too :)
    I'm mostly a 3b-c, with a bit of everything else thrown in.
    I'm 17 years old.
    SL when dry.
    I'm kind of CG (occasional sulphate)

Wash: Miss Jessie's Creme de la Curl Cleansing Creme, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, Occasional LowPoo grabbed from a drugstore or Biotera Moisturizing Shampoo (for BAD buildup)
    Condition: Kenra, AOHR, Queen Helene's Cholesterol, Biolage Conditioning Balm, Generic KPak
    ALWAYS Biotera Styling Gel
    Haven't found a leave-in I like yet
  • HedyHedy Posts: 173Registered Users
    Me too, although I got a HotSock as I'm cheap.
    So..um...I kinda fell off the CG wagon. I got sick of long curly hair about 6 months ago. I currently have a short a-line, which I flat iron, although I also wear it wavy sometimes. I still use sulfate-free poos (I'm madly in love with the Bodyshop's rainforest moisture) and silicone free conditioners.
    Want to get money back on your Drugstore.com, Walgreen and Sally Beauty purchases? Check out Sunshine Rewards!
    I cowashed, added my leave-in, plopped for 10 minutes while I did my makeup, and then had to leave the house because of a phone call. :thumbdown: I air dried for about 20 minutes in the car and used the diffuser on cool low for 5 minutes and then hot medium for a few more minutes when I got home.

I totally get why it works now. I don't have to scrunch to encourage curl because I have a good amount of curl and the curl pattern is strong. I'm going to try it tomorrow with totally wet hair! I'm turning the phone ringer off!:compress: I had the volume that I usually don't get until the end of the day but my curls were perfect. I like.

I've only had one hairdresser attempted to use a diffuser but she had it on too hot and I told her to stop after just a minute because it was too much.

Thanks all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file