Is AVG the only active ingredient in FOTE AVG?

baikabaika Posts: 117Registered Users
Is AVG the only active ingredient in FOTE AVG? I've seen people report that FOTE works better than any other brand making AVG. I don't know whether it's because there's something "good" in FOTE or because there is something "bad" in the other brands' gels.

Here are the ingredients from my bottle of FOTE:
Aloe Vera Gel, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl Urea

I got a bottle of pure AVG (the supplement kind) today thinking it was the juice (FORGOT ABOUT READING THE LABEL :laughing7: ). I'll experiment with it anyway. It's a much more watery kind of gel than FOTE.

Comments

• BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The ingredients you listed are the same ones that are in mine. I think it's the tetrasodium that may help our curls so much (mild salt - acts like seawater or a milder version of magnesium sulfte, which thanks to JC, is a known curl enhancer) but it could be a blend of the different preservatives along with the AVG that does it, too. I tried my pure aloe gel once (kind juic-y, like you said), and I didn't like what it did. It wasn't at all like my beloved FOTE.
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights