Pineappling

Ok...so this is something that I've heard tons about for a long time now, and I seriously don't know how to do it.

I've tried it and I wonder if maybe my hair is too long? Is that a possibility? I have hair that is...hmm...longer than mid back, I'd say, but not quite to my waist.

The other problem is that it leaves a ridge where my band was.

Any ideas? :)
3a/b - medium texture.

Comments

• QuirkyYoginiQuirkyYogini Posts: 569Registered Users
    Notty gave these instructions in a previous thread:

"Oh my goodness pineappling is awesome! First of all get a really soft scrunchie - I have two both of them are like velvetie materials. I turn my head upside down and gather everything in a loose ponytail with the scrunchie - don't double tie it just put it on and leave it. Take it down in the a.m. - you might think you're going to have a bad hair day but just lightly spritz with water and pull the sides down............and voila.........2nd and maybe 3rd hair days:icon_smile:"

I hope that helps! I can do it and I have almost BSL hair when curly and dry (waist length when pulled straight). It works just fine for me.

Also, I noticed that you're very new! Welcome! Here is a link to a thread I wish would have been here when I first joined: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=47564&highlight=useful+curly+links
    I have 3c hair that I haven't straightened in over 5 years. It's just past shoulder length when dry, and almost waist length when pulled straight.

Products:
    9/02/08 Went CG
    05/12/09 Still CG. Cowashing with VO5 Lavender Luster. I then condition with Giovanni Smooth as Silk. Styling with VO5 Lavender Luster conditioner with my wide-toothed comb.

http://public.fotki.com/QuirkyYogini/

• GracelynGracelyn Posts: 65Registered Users
    Hey, thanks for that link! :)

And...for the info on pineappling. I shall try it tonight. :)
    3a/b - medium texture.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I know, it sounds like there's no way in the world that it could work... but it actually does pretty well on my hair and mine's only to my shoulders.

The key's to keep it loose. If you have hair that's not quite long enough, just leave it out... whatever frizz it gets can be taken care of with water in the AM. :)
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • GracelynGracelyn Posts: 65Registered Users
    Well, I got out of the shower earlier this afternoon and did my typical laid back CG routine and my hair is seriously curlier and glossier than it's been in a long time . . . I didn't change anything. My hair must've been as excited as me to find this forum! ;)

I'm going to try pineappling tonight to see if I can manage some 2nd day hair. My sister is most likely having her baby tomorrow, and I've got to baby sit the rest of the niephlings, so no time to take care of hair. :)
    3a/b - medium texture.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    In case you're still unsure of what to do, I have a picture of it in my fotki under Day 5 Morning hair. Botticellibabe and misfitcurls also have pics.

Good luck... Pineappling is my HG method for multi-day hair!!! :toothy7:
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Gracelyn wrote: »
    Ok...so this is something that I've heard tons about for a long time now, and I seriously don't know how to do it.

I've tried it and I wonder if maybe my hair is too long? Is that a possibility? I have hair that is...hmm...longer than mid back, I'd say, but not quite to my waist.
    The other problem is that it leaves a ridge where my band was.

Any ideas? :)

I can promise you that your hair isn't too long. Mine is waist length with shrinkage, and tailbone when pulled straight, and I can do it. But you may want to try a plopped pineapple like I do, because it really helps the length stay curly.

I think that because our hair is so long, even pineappling can pull the curl down just because of the weight, but if you plop the pineapple, you're taking all of that weight off of your hair, and it can spring back up. After I put my pineapple in, I spritz the ends (lower third or so of the tail end) with my head tipped down so the hair is all pointed straight down, and then I even scrunch in a little FOTE for good measure. Then, I plop the pineapple into a silk sleep cap, and I go to bed like that.

If you go to my fotki, in the Deviations album, I have some pics of wht it looks like plopped, and when I take it down. I also show you all of the tools I use to do it, including the type of "scrunchie" I have, although it's not a scrunchie at all. Hopefully that will help you some!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights