Biden or Pallin if VEEP took over as President?

SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
Hope folks don't take this the wrong way but it is a strong reality:

If Obama were assassinated or McCain's health failed and the VEEP had to be sworn in as President -- Biden or Pallin? If I were Obama/Biden's ad and image consultants I would be going right for that weak spot.

Discuss, but please avoid playing the gender card. This post is not about gender.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Comments

• Myradella3Myradella3 Registered Users Posts: 2,481
    Biden....If he were heading the Dem ticket (so it was Biden-Obama), both tickets would look the same wouldn't they?
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    Honestly, I'm not very thrilled with either option. :(
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    Biden.
  • tsjmomtsjmom Registered Users Posts: 85 Curl Connoisseur
    BIDEN!
    3a, fine, highlighted, BSL. HGs so far: GF C&S leave in (d/c), Aussie Tizz No Frizz gel, honey, ACV, CK. Searching for a leave in curl cream to replace GF.
  • rnconniesfrnconniesf Registered Users Posts: 256 Curl Neophyte
    Can I pick Hillary?
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
  • CurleeDSTCurleeDST Registered Users Posts: 467
    No contest Biden of course.
    I am a 3c/4a with medium/fine strands
    No strict haircare regimen - trying my hand at the Curly Girl Method.

Fitness Blog: http://femmefitalefitclub.com/
    Check out the Femme Fitale Facebook page: facebook.com/FemmeFitaleFitness
  • MistressM.MistressM. Banned Banned Users Posts: 254
    I trust Biden more than I do anyone on either ticket. He has the experience. McCain also has experience, but his statements on war and particularly IRAN are very disconcerting. As someone who lives in a state with skyrocketing unemployment that is also one of the crucial states in this election and very representative of the nation as a whole, war is not my top priority. I'll tell you another war is not on the minds of my fellow swing state voters, either. I think Obama should break out the "Bomb, Bomb Iran" tapes.

I'm a little uncomfortable with Obama, but he's got good people on his side. Biden may be hotheaded, but he seems reasonable and diplomatic enough to not get us into another war based on his personal feelings. I think he's in a good position to lead if it would come to that. McCain seems stuck on war, it's all he seems to know. Someone must've talked to him because he's gotten of the topic of Iran. I still don't trust him though. I get the impression that he's been in the sun a little too long. I think Palin when it comes down to it is a pawn. She appeared to be against the Iraq war at first, but now she's saying it was God's work or some sort of nonsense. I have no idea what she'd do as President, stick to her extreme right wing values or take off on whatever platform McCain has left behind (and that is questionable since McCain has bounced back and forth between liberal and conservative views all along).
  • Ms KittyMs Kitty Registered Users Posts: 556
    BIDEN
    My favorites
    Qhemets AHOC,OHHB
    Yemen Henna
    HHC
    AOHR Deep Conditioner
    Coconut,Jojoba and JBC oils
    Rosemary Oil/w horsetail,coltsfoot and Nettle leaves.
    My own homemade mixtures
    BlackStrap Molasses

http://public.fotki.com/mj11051
  • ScrappyTamScrappyTam Registered Users Posts: 470
    Biden. Palin already has several ethics issues from her past. I'd be afraid of what she would do if she had the power of the presidency behind her.
    I almost threw my ovaries at him. - Trenell

• curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    Between Palin and Biden, I'd pick Biden. Purely for foreign policy and experience.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • IsabeauIsabeau Registered Users Posts: 21
    Biden, absolutely.
  • bbbeccabbbecca Banned Banned Users Posts: 232
    Palin, I trust her policy record more.
  • susancnwsusancnw Registered Users Posts: 1,374 Curl Novice
    Palin. Biden has no experience, well, really Palin is the only one with business experience and like it or not, the US government is one of the biggest businesses in the world.

What ethics issues are you referring to?
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    susancnw wrote: »
    Palin. Biden has no experience, well, really Palin is the only one with business experience and like it or not, the US government is one of the biggest businesses in the world.

Oh, so now Biden AND Obama have no experience?

Come the f&ck on.
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    CurlyGina2 wrote: »

Come the f&ck on.

Seriously.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    If it were between Biden and Palin...Biden. He has more experience. Biden also seems to be more moderate than the other three candidates. If he were running for president, I'd seriously consider him.
    The problem is: Obama, who is running for president-- the number one position-- has very little experience. That concerns me more than the vice-president. However, Obama is a very smart man and is very likeable. It seems like he's trying to surround himself with capable people. And, by the way, I'm not saying he isn't capable of running the presidency...there have been less qualified in the past, that's for sure. But because he is new at it, it is a little concerning.

However, if it were between Biden and Palin, I'd have the same concerns in reverse order. His experience outweighs any experience she has.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • MizKerriMizKerri Registered Users Posts: 1,701

Come the f&ck on.

Biden's only been a senator for 35 years guys; don't worry, he'll catch on.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • boarderhopperboarderhopper Banned Banned Users Posts: 295
    MizKerri wrote: »

Come the f&ck on.

So I take it you supported the invasion of Iraq just like he did?
  • elfsmomscelfsmomsc Registered Users Posts: 26
    ScrappyTam wrote: »
    Biden. Palin already has several ethics issues from her past. I'd be afraid of what she would do if she had the power of the presidency behind her.

I am curious, do you not regard plagiarism as an ethical issue?
    CG since Tuesday! :tongue5:
    July '08
    Suave Naturals Trop Coconut for cowash
    Giovanni Direct Leave in-looking for a better option
    FX Curls Booster gel-liking this so far
    --and with a shopping list an arm long of new things to try! LOL
  • MizKerriMizKerri Registered Users Posts: 1,701

Come the f&ck on.

So I take it you supported the invasion of Iraq just like he did?

No I did not, but that has nothing to do with my reply.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Registered Users Posts: 5,640

Come the f&ck on.

ITA!

I would choose Biden, Palin is the one without "experience"
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Registered Users Posts: 5,297 Curl Neophyte
    Biden.

I would trust a woman in office, but a strong, experienced, knowledgeable woman. Excuse me for thinking that any regular woman, and mother - strong as she may be - may not be the right 'man' for the job.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Registered Users Posts: 2,481
    I heard someone say today that she'd like to see the Republicans get in so they fix the mess they caused. Having the government - Executive and Legislative - for 6 years and this is what we get? So go for it Palin and McCain (her first since she has the executive experience).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file