Recipe for Everyday Hair Cream

shellylbridgesshellylbridges Posts: 51Registered Users
Hi Ladies,

Does anyone have a recipe for a homemade Hair Cream to use every day?

I found a recipe for a butter cream but it involves hair gel and I don't want to use gel in the hair everyday.

I'm looking for a great creamy to use on the ends and shaft of hair to add luster, softness and bounce.
Something with maybe cocoa butter, glycerin or something like that?

Thanks in advance!
Shelly

Comments

• pammiecurlpammiecurl Posts: 93Registered Users
    Great post! I'd like to know this myself as I have been trying to locate a base so that I can add my own natural ingredients. Hopefully someone will post a good recipe.
  • BugEyeZBugEyeZ Posts: 314Registered Users Curl Novice
    shea butter, coconut oil, glycerin and aloe vera juice/gel, peppermint eo. mix n match. i eyeball ingredients so i don't have accurate measurements. i add what i think my hair needs most. i used this concoction on my hair the other night and boy was my hair soft...for hours. overnight! moist and soft. i didn't even need to wet it the next day, just added more concoction. use it on my body too. i've had it for months too!
    when all else fails...eat:icescream:
  • jujucabanajujucabana Posts: 153Registered Users
    ya i use coconut oil and aloe vera, and it always leaves my hair well conditioned and soft.

• msjaimmsjaim Posts: 948Registered Users
    2 oz +1 tbs coconut oil
    1/4 cup cocoa butter
    1 tbs castor oil
    1/8 cup broccoli seed oil
    4 tsps shea butter
    1 tsp mango seed oil
    1 tsp flax seed oil

melted cocoa butter and shea butter. mixed in other oils and refrigerated for 20 minutes. mixed up and let set at room temp.
    I also made another batch where I addeded burdock, calendula, hibiscus and evening primrose to simmer in the oils for about 1.5 hour to infuse & also added a lil geranium EO to it.. very nice
    cococoshea.jpg

u really dont even need to use it everyday .. & even though its light in texture, the ingrediants make it rich.. if that makes any sense... basically a lil goes a long way
  • shellylbridgesshellylbridges Posts: 51Registered Users
    Great ingredients, all natural!!!!
    Shelly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file