sarah palin's baby really her daughter's?

fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
so the rumor is sarah palin didn't really give birth to her DS baby. instead, it is her daughter's illegitimate child. i've seen pics of mother looking nonpregnant and pics of the daughter looking somewhat pregnant. still, i'm not convinced either way.

my question:
if she is truly raising her grandchild as her own does it matter to you?

Comments

• misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    Is this really the new low level we're sinking to here?!?

I can't even believe I am responding to such ridiculousness. Might I ask where you are reading this "rumor"?

This is really just getting exhausting. You know, I am not picking on you Frau, but this is silly. I don't even need you to answer this post or my questions.

I'm gone....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    umm, why is it silly? i didn't even participate in the other 11 page thread so i don't know why you think this is a new low. as a matter of fact i was very supportive in the one post i made about her.
    Originally Posted by frau viewpost.gif
    i love it! yay!
    i think it's a great day for republicans.
    democrats may talk the talk but republicans walk the walk when it comes to women.
    (condoleeza rice)

for some reason posters here were able to discuss barack obama's name sounding muslim and members claiming he's muslim even though he attended a ("racist") christian church for years.

if you note, i didn't post pics or evidence because i don't think that is an issue. what i was concerned about was whether or not it would matter to you if the rumor is true.
  • CurlyOver40!CurlyOver40! Posts: 758Registered Users
    frau wrote: »
    so the rumor is sarah palin didn't really give birth to her DS baby. instead, it is her daughter's illegitimate child. i've seen pics of mother looking nonpregnant and pics of the daughter looking somewhat pregnant. still, i'm not convinced either way.

my question:
    if she is truly raising her grandchild as her own does it matter to you?

Do you have links to these pictures?

3a/3b

Latest routine:
    Sauve Coconut CO
    Or
    Trader Joe's Nourish
    Giovanni 50/50
    Giovanni Direct Leave In
    JoicoWhip
    Newest Fav: Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    Considering that some reports state her having 4 children, while some report her having 5, it is probably true.

To me (if it is true), it means that she probably put her career over her family a bit at some time (but this is just drawing from my own limited life experience)...which is easy to do if a person is fortunate enough in life to achieve a certain amount of success.

But, since no one is voting her in for "Mother of the Year", than I guess it doesn't matter to me. If she has the money to support them all, then it is good that she's helping, and not kicking her daughter out on the streets so that she can live like a pauper and play house with boyfriend du jour while raising a child.

McCain already said that he supports abortion rights, correct? So, no worries there...
    ;)
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i think that the pictures aren't going to prove anything.
    when i was 5 months pregnant you couldn't tell. i even got a modeling job at that time. so it's not unreasonable to me that no one knew about sarah palin's pregnancy until she revealed it.
    there are pictures of her daughter with a poochy tummy and large breasts, but i know that it doesn't prove pregnancy.
    if i post pics all we'll have here is a debate about whether or not either woman looks pregnant and we won't get to the meat of the issue which is, does it really matter to you?

it would be like me asking, "does it matter of barack obama is muslim?" i've answered that question here. it didn't have to be a fact first.
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't see how it matters, or that it has anything to do with her career whatsoever or how good of a mother she is. Lots of people were raised by their grandparents for a wide variety of reasons.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If it were true, it would definitely matter to me. That sort of deception and dishonesty, although it's pretty prevalent in politicians, isn't something I would voluntarily choose in an elected official.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • GurlwithCurlsGurlwithCurls Posts: 129Registered Users
    I don't think there's anything wrong with a woman raising or helping to raise her teenage daughter's child, but if this rumor were true, I would have a problem with the fact that she went through the whole charade of lying about a pregnancy to her staff, her constituents, and now the nation. It would erode her credibility in my (and many other people's) eyes and make me wonder what else she is willing to lie about.

Besides photos where she doesn't look remotely pregnant (I know a lot of women remain small-bellied, but that's not typical of middle-aged women who have given birth four previous times) and the fact that her staff had no idea until right before the child was born, its been reported that her daughter was mysteriously absent from school for months, supposedly due to mono. I don't know for sure whether the rumor is true but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
    3b/c and outta control
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    wow now i hadn't heard that one but that might explain a few things i didn't understand....

why would a woman with four children who is governor and 44 yrs old "try" to get pregnant for a 5th time? not saying anything wrong with big families it just usually seems like folks that have big families aren't also the governor or running for vp.

why would she hide this pregnancy until her 8th month? i just thought that immediately seemed strange.

well if it's true, i feel bad for he family that she's lied. she would probably want to cover it up since she's pro choice but it speaks volumes if she wasn't honest. i think if it's true how could if not have already come out and if it is true....boy the republicans didn't do their homework.

hmm. if anyone finds any official links on this please post.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    I don't respect lots in the Republican party, but I do believe that had that been true, they would have found out in the vetting process. A nurse's aide or the baby's daddy's cousin twice removed or someone would have told at some point.

Would I think less of her? No, I would however think more highly of her if she said this happened to my daughter and this is how our family has chosen to handle it.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This is a story that seems to have legs. If it's true, it will be a big mark against Palin...nobody likes a liar. Those marks are going to stack up. She's already got the BIL scandal. This is only the 2nd day of her nomination. It should be an interesting 8 weeks til November 4. :)
  • MistressM.MistressM. Banned Posts: 254Banned Users
    You can't give us a headline like that and provide no meat, girl!! Bring out what you have. What are you talking about with this, "The pics won't prove anyhing. I don't want to start a debate." If you've got something, bring it to the table. :cherry:
  • GurlwithCurlsGurlwithCurls Posts: 129Registered Users
    Myradella3 wrote: »
    I don't respect lots in the Republican party, but I do believe that had that been true, they would have found out in the vetting process. A nurse's aide or the baby's daddy's cousin twice removed or someone would have told at some point. quote]

I read that McCain's people didn't vet her. They didn't see any need to. It was clear from their interaction together and reports that McCain had met her only once before yesterday that this was a hasty, not very well-thought out selection. Just further indication of this candidate's lack of good judgement.
    3b/c and outta control
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    It seems more likely that a 44 year woman would give birth to a Down Syndrome baby than a teenage girl.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Speckla wrote: »
    It seems more likely that a 44 year woman would give birth to a Down Syndrome baby than a teenage girl.

Most DS babies are born to women younger than 40. True that the risk is higher over 40, but fewer 40+ women give birth. DS can happen at any age.

ETA: Just read some stats...75% of all DS babies are born to women under 40. Women over 40 only account for 9% of all babies, but they contribute 25% of all DS babies...which is why DS is perceived as an older-woman risk, but DS can occur at any age.

Most DS babies are born to women younger than 40. True that the risk is higher over 40, but fewer 40+ women give birth. DS can happen at any age.

ok
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wow....this just keeps getting better and better. This is only day two....November is a LONG way away.

From what I've read, the daughter missed the last 7 months of school last school year with "mono" went away for "treatment" and Bam....there's a new baby in the family.

Now granted, this is going on in the blog world and there is no cnn/fox/abc/nbc coverage of this story...yet. If there is a thimble of truth in this story...the media is going to be all over it.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    and the plot thickens.....
    Wow....this just keeps getting better and better. This is only day two....November is a LONG way away.

From what I've read, the daughter missed the last 7 months of school last school year with "mono" went away for "treatment" and Bam....there's a new baby in the family.

Now granted, this is going on in the blog world and there is no cnn/fox/abc/nbc coverage of this story...yet. If there is a thimble of truth in this story...the media is going to be all over it.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
    I need some popcorn and a drink.

Let the soap begin... :wink:
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't buy it, but then I'm just getting into this carp..lol :dunno:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Scoot over...i got a big butt....lol.

12459237.png

Scoot over...i got a big butt....lol.

I'll bring the :icescream:.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It sounds like part "could be" and part "urban legend". I'll hold off until I find out more.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    It sounds like part "could be" and part "urban legend". I'll hold off until I find out more.

I agree.

Also because, at this point, I think my bias is going to get in the way.

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    ETA: Just read some stats...75% of all DS babies are born to women under 40. Women over 40 only account for 9% of all babies, but they contribute 25% of all DS babies...which is why DS is perceived as an older-woman risk, but DS can occur at any age.

Arguably also because most pregnant women over 40 will be offered prenatal screening (at least in Canada, amnio is offered to all women over 35).

Anyways... there are a lot of interesting coincidences that give this story some legs, but it would be hard enough to hide a pregnancy (or non-pregnancy) for a normal woman, much less one in public office.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I agree.

Also because, at this point, I think my bias is going to get in the way.

I agree about the bias part.

For me, my bias would be how fuuny I would find it if a woman that makes the Christian Coalition happy ended up raising a child by an unmarried daughter. Oh, the irony. So, I need to hold off on an opinion because I would enjoy that irony waaaay to much and it isn't fair to Gov. Palin.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    Who knows. I googled it and immediately found speculation disguised as a news story on a liberal website. I don't like propaganda, be it liberal or conservative, so I don't want to link the website. There was a photo that looked awfully fishy, but no real facts to speak of.

I'm a lifelong democrat, but I don't wish McCain's campaign harm. I think there are worse republicans. ;)

I think it would be pretty ****ty if the story is true and she duped the state of Alaska and subsequently the entire country. I just can't imagine her being so dim that she thought it wouldn't come out if she ran for VP. This is why I'm not ready to believe this yet. Is she really this stupid?
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • violaviola Posts: 224Registered Users
    Now we have 2 cases for Maury. Edwards's, and now this. :evil2:
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    I just can't imagine her being so dim that she thought it wouldn't come out if she ran for VP. This is why I'm not ready to believe this yet. Is she really this stupid?

That was my thought as well.
    viola wrote: »
    Now we have 2 cases for Maury. Edwards's, and now this. :evil2:

BAHAHAHAHA! I can see Maury reading the results now. I wonder if the teenage daughter is gonna run off stage and fall out f the baby is her's?

12459237.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file