Another new CV love.......

rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
I'm in love :love7: with another flavor.

I feel so fickle. Anytime I get a new order I want to try new flavors. This time I got the seasonal apples and spice and the chocolate almond. Today for my shampoo I used the apples/spice first. It was pretty good, smelled DIVINE though. Nothing to sneeze at, but nothing spectacular either.

Then I used the chocolate/almond soap. OMG!!!!!!!! :blob: It was INCREDIBLE!!!!!! Smells divine, more lather than even my honey butter......and my hair was soft feeling without the "Different" feel at all. It's permenantly in my rotation now. Good thing I have a full size and I'm probably placing another order, because my youngest daughter likes it too and wants her own.
Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Low poo: looking
COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
RO: varies
Protein: CJCF or CJRM
DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
LI: varies, usually KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• KnottyKnotty Posts: 164Registered Users
    What is CV?
    3c/4a
    event.png
  • pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    Knotty - CV are Chagrin Valley soap bars. All natural, handmade soaps.

Rymorg2 -- How strong is the scent of the chocolate almond? Lord knows, I love chocolate, but I don't always like strong food scents in my skincare/haircare, etc.
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Rymorg2 -- How strong is the scent of the chocolate almond? Lord knows, I love chocolate, but I don't always like strong food scents in my skincare/haircare, etc.

Pigreyhound, the almond scent to my nose is stronger than the chocolate. I like foody scents though. You could always try a sample. :D

I loved it because it was a rich, rich lather and moisture out the wahzoo....and no funky feel. It's even richer than the honey butter. It felt so creamy! :icescream:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ajaneajane Posts: 323Registered Users
    I don't want to hear-I don't want to hear-I don't want to hear! Yes, Yes, Yes I do!!!!!!!! :nike:
  • ajaneajane Posts: 323Registered Users
    rymorg2: GUANO: Will you wander over to the 2's for a minute, I am going to post a question I would love your answer on! Thanks!
  • orangeorange Posts: 176Registered Users
    orly? :compress:

i have the chocolate almond - the honey butter worked so well that i just "left well enough alone"... will have to try the chocolate almond today.

ajane wrote: »
    I don't want to hear-I don't want to hear-I don't want to hear! Yes, Yes, Yes I do!!!!!!!! :nike:

ROFLMBO!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ajane wrote: »
    rymorg2: GUANO: Will you wander over to the 2's for a minute, I am going to post a question I would love your answer on! Thanks!

Answered for you!!!! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    orange wrote: »
    orly? :compress:

i have the chocolate almond - the honey butter worked so well that i just "left well enough alone"... will have to try the chocolate almond today.

MMMMM It's so good.....hope you like it too orange!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    I used the chocolate almond a few times this week and it is definitely one of my favorites so far. Actually, all the bars have worked fine on my hair but some have so little scent that it's not really satisfying...I was really dissappointed in the orange creamsicle but the chocolate almond is awesome!

M
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
    I'm actually surprised I can use it, it's a bit stronger scented than usually works for me. But I love it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This was one I was totally not interested in due to the choco factor, until now, that is. If it has that much moisture, it must find its way into my cart...
  • rhosyn_durhosyn_du Posts: 99Registered Users
    Oh wow. For some reason, I never thought the chocolate almond would work for hair (maybe because I'd seen a lot of talk of using the soaps for hair and no one ever mentioned it?), but I bought a full bar on a whim with my last order just because I thought it would look pretty for a hand soap. I will definitely have to try it in my hair after I'm done with TE detox.
    2c, fine/medium with a few coarse grays, medium porosity, normal elasticity, protein-sensitive

Modified CG
    Low-Poo: L'Oreal EverCurl Shampoo
    RO: L'Oreal EverCurl Conditioner
    LOC: KCKT,
    Nightblooming Triple Moon Hair Anointing Oil, & Nightblooming Panacea or Freya Hair Salve
    Styling: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Finishing Paste
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Yeah that honey butter is greeeeattt!!!!!
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • beciebecie Posts: 21Registered Users
    i have been looking up these bars and i dont see the almond/chocolate one or the honey one.. did they discontinue??
    There will be an answer
    Let it be

:flower:
  • beciebecie Posts: 21Registered Users
    strike that i found it :X
    There will be an answer
    Let it be

:flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights