Hair flat ironed by hairdresser...now permanently straight pieces all over!

Curly_DivaCurly_Diva Posts: 151Registered Users
I thought I'd see what it would be like with straight hair again. My hairdresser obviously overheated my hair because now I have straight pieces all over from flat ironing. It's been a month now and I have washed my hair several times since. Will it ever revert or do I just wait for it to grow out now?
BC Feb 2008
3c, 4a. HE, castor and jojoba oil, acv rinse

Comments

• foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    Did you get your hair pressed or flat ironed?

I ask because I know alot of curlies that flat iron, including myself who has raised the heat up to 400 degrees. YES I KNOW!

Anyway my hair has never been permanently damaged from it. But I know alot of curlies have had heat damage from pressing.

I would say do a strong protein treatment like emergencee followed by a super hydrating conditioner.

And really baby your hair for the next few days- cowashes, leaving the condish in as a leave in, air drying , etc. I would need to see it to know if it would "revert"

rockin' to the tune of her own beat...

comic-p.jpg
  • KynnibKynnib Posts: 999Registered Users
    My hair got damaged by flat ironing. I had to cut of a few inches. Then I did nexxus emergencee for 2 weeks straight and it curled back. Not all the way back but it was a whole lot better than before.
    4a hair. MOD CG routine.

Present Loves
    -Back on the (rajasthani) henna train! My hair is so much better now.
    -KBB hair butter mixed with Hairveda Cocasta oil
    -Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent
  • Curly_DivaCurly_Diva Posts: 151Registered Users
    foxycus02 wrote: »

A large section in the back was flat-ironed by a girl who didn't know what she as doing. This is the most damaged.

My regular hairstylist continued with the rest of my hair with that oven looking iron but those areas aren't as bad.
    BC Feb 2008
    3c, 4a. HE, castor and jojoba oil, acv rinse
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    OMG. I hope this gets better for you.:toothy5:
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Curly_Diva wrote: »

A large section in the back was flat-ironed by a girl who didn't know what she as doing. This is the most damaged.

My regular hairstylist continued with the rest of my hair with that oven looking iron but those areas aren't as bad.

Those are called Marcel irons and actually those are the worst of all IMO... those things get MUCH hotter that temp regulated flat irons.
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • roccmycurlsroccmycurls Posts: 85Registered Users
    I had the same thing happen 2 or 3 years ago. The straight pieces never curled back up.

I simply hid them as much as I could. Eventually, when my new growth was a length I could live with, I cut them off.

Sorry!!! :sad1:
    the hair revolution continues... 9 yrs. & counting....:blob7:

BCs: July '99, March '04, June '04, Sept. '04 whenever I get bored.... LOL!

products that work for me:
    homemade aloe vera/jojo/glyc/ honey/coconut oil gel
    Giovanni 50/50
    Miss Jessie's DT,
    Jessi Curl WDT

mantra: "Growth Comes Easily & Effortlessly"

PHOTOS:
    http://public.fotki.com/roccmycurls/
  • scvprincez05scvprincez05 Posts: 96Registered Users
    That happened to me the heat most of been very high because I used to flat iron my hair nearly every day for a couple of months and now I'm growing out the straight in my bangs.. and be carefully with the new growth because my hair is 3c and some 4as and the bangs are half 3c/4aish with the straight part at the bottom and it looks weird.. well because of that I've been brushing my hair back with those hard bristle brushes and now i dont have any curl there and thats not just on the bangs but the left and right said of my head where i brush it all back..
    http://scvprincez05.wordpress.com/
    3b/3c/4a
    Slightly layered
    APL when stretched
    About 1-2 inches under neck when wet

Current Products
    TJ Moisture Balancing Sham&Con
    AOHR Sham&Con
    Nature's Gate Jojoba Con.
    Africa's Best Oil
    Want to Stop
    Cantu Shea Butter LI Cream
    Want
    Hairveda Products
    KBB
    Oyin Handmade
    midgi wrote: »
    Curly_Diva wrote: »

Those are called Marcel irons and actually those are the worst of all IMO... those things get MUCH hotter that temp regulated flat irons.

Ditto...I wouldn't go near those irons w a 10 foot pole. I really hope your hair heals, definitely get some emergencee.

comic-p.jpg
    That happened to me the heat most of been very high because I used to flat iron my hair nearly every day for a couple of months and now I'm growing out the straight in my bangs.. and be carefully with the new growth because my hair is 3c and some 4as and the bangs are half 3c/4aish with the straight part at the bottom and it looks weird.. well because of that I've been brushing my hair back with those hard bristle brushes and now i dont have any curl there and thats not just on the bangs but the left and right said of my head where i brush it all back..

Wait you lost your curl from just brushing your hair back???

What styling products are you guys using? When I had straight parts kcc made those ends very obvious. The top of my hair has a much looser curl than everyother part of my head. I used to think that, that was damage but it keeps growing out of my head that way- those curls just like to hang loose. (lol - yes I'm corny)

comic-p.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file