frau wrote: »
    but you know who.

No, I don't know who.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    Girl, stop yourself...
    She'll be fine...
    Why did you start this thread, anyway?
    You know you are gonna take lotsa heat for this, right? lol
    Just make sure you're not Granny Frau sooner than you'd like, right? ;)
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users
    Girl, stop yourself...
    She'll be fine...

What is going on?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Girl, stop yourself...
    She'll be fine...

What is going on?

Inquiring minds want to know.
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    I am rarely one to give heat. But this thread makes me sick.
    Under construction.
    Befrizzled wrote: »
    I am rarely one to give heat. But this thread makes me sick.

?
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    Even I know who, and I usually never get these "wink wink" posts.

Whose weight has Frau been disappointed in previously?
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    Even I know who, and I usually never get these "wink wink" posts.

Whose weight has Frau been disappointed in previously?

I never usually get this stuff, someone clue me in!
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    Just make sure you're not Granny Frau sooner than you'd like, right? ;)
    omg!!! :confused1:
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    Frau! Ditto what WileE said. :)
  • goldilocks777goldilocks777 Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    her daughter, y'all!
  • SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
    Frau, forgive me, are you referring to your daughter?

She's in college, isn't she? It's not unusual for kids to gain during that time because of having irregular schedules, and lots of stress and socializing. I bet she figures it out on her own, over time.
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    her daughter, y'all!

But why? What's going on with her? Emotional eating? Medical condition? what...
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    who's daughter is pregnant?
    who has gained weight.
    who are we not talking about?
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    Maybe you should keep a journal for your thoughts instead--something only you can see which allows you to vent. This has come up before and you did not get positive responses. I just don't see the point in broadcasting your disappointment over this on a public forum.
  • iaraiara Posts: 1,199Registered Users
    not me but you know who.
    i'm not complaining i'm just saying.
    Why are you so concerned with her being thin? As long as she is healthy and happy, she is fine. And even if she is not let her figure it out on her own.

She may sense your disappointment with her size and that could make her eat more. If she has an unhealthy attitude about food and her size that was probably learned in the home. Just saying.
    You cannot invite someone to your house in the Hamptons and when she arrives, not let her stay. Tacky. Very Tacky. ~ East Village hipster.

People in Ward Three disdain three things: cleavage, hunting and dumb people who are richer than they are. ~ David Brooks

Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. ~Armaments 2:9-21
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
    She's talking about her daughter, and she really needs to just leave it.

I am actually kind of pissed that she posted this, knowing what she's said in the past about her daughter, as well as her own weight.

Thumbsdown frau.
    :rambo:
  • BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    Man, I would hate it if my mom was so obsessed about my weight and hyper-critical that she posted it on a message board.
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Oy vey...someday you need to figure out that it's her body, not yours. Not everyone can be a size 8, and it's probably a bit insulting to all the normal size 14's out there that you find it so disgusting that anyone could be that size. People come in all shapes and sizes. I hope someday you can love your daughter for who she is, not what you want her to be. It must suck to be so disappointed about something so trivial.
    i can't help it. who am i going to express myself to? i'm kind of just like this about it :silent:
  • goldilocks777goldilocks777 Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    i can't help it. who am i going to express myself to? i'm kind of just like this about it :silent:

Frau - I mean this in the nicest possible way (really!): A therapist.
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
    It must suck to be so disappointed about something so trivial.

I can see how badly it would suck from the daughter's side as well.

I grew up with my mom constantly pointing out how she was compared to "Twiggy" by her friends. I was compared to Marilyn Monroe, and told by my friends, "Hey if it were the 50's, you'd be a sex symbol. Women back then had more curves." Thank you and **** you.

Frau, you really need to accept her for who she is, inside and out. She might totally end up hating herself because of the vibes that you're sending out, and that will do so much more damage to her spirit than a few extra pounds will.

Argh. .:thumbdown:
    :rambo:
  • BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    Seriously, a therapist, a journal, a confidential friend.
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...

I'm probably missing something along the way, but I'm sure you're more concerned with her health and the reasons *why* she's gained the weight rather than just the size itself. 8-14 is small to normal size range but a lot to go up in a short time period.
    Not everyone can be a size 8, and it's probably a bit insulting to all the normal size 14's out there that you find it so disgusting that anyone could be that size.
    oh my! i don't mean that at all! i see fit women all the time that size. they are gorgeous, they play on the school soccer team. i think i see it more as her not being disciplined and not caring....oh, well nevermind. i just needed to say it somehow. sorry...:sad11:
    She may feel pressure to be thin and so she eats because food is comforting. As long as she's healthy and happy, does it really matter?
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    iara wrote: »
    not me but you know who.
    i'm not complaining i'm just saying.
    Why are you so concerned with her being thin? As long as she is healthy and happy, she is fine. And even if she is not let her figure it out on her own.

She may sense your disappointment with her size and that could make her eat more. If she has an unhealthy attitude about food and her size that was probably learned in the home. Just saying.

ITA. I don't even know the full story behind all this, but as someone who's battled her weight her entire life, take it from me: knowing there are people disappointed/disgusted/frustrated by my weight NEVER helped me lose it. In fact, having someone say it (or even think it.. if you think people can't tell, think again) only made me want to eat more.

Be supportive... and if you're genuinely concerned about her weight, bring it up in a constructive way. Maybe you can do things with her, like join Weight Watchers or a gym so it's clear that you don't think SHE specifically has this issue that's 'beneath' you, but that you just want to help her be happy and healthy. And that you're wanting the same for yourself.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    M2LR wrote: »
    It must suck to be so disappointed about something so trivial.

I can see how badly it would suck from the daughter's side as well.

I grew up with my mom constantly pointing out how she was compared to "Twiggy" by her friends. I was compared to Marilyn Monroe, and told by my friends, "Hey if it were the 50's, you'd be a sex symbol. Women back then had more curves." Thank you and **** you.

Frau, you really need to accept her for who she is, inside and out. She might totally end up hating herself because of the vibes that you're sending out, and that will do so much more damage to her spirit than a few extra pounds will.

Argh. .:thumbdown:
    lol..yeah, fark them...I love MM!
    Twiggy? :Puke:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

wth, you guys are my therapists!