Moroccanoil = silky hair?

KinkyPJKinkyPJ Posts: 297Registered Users
My coworker just told me about this: http://moroccanoil.com/index.html. Has anyone heard of this or tried it?
It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it [:afro:]. The hard... is what makes it great. -- Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own

If you judge people, you have no time to love them. -- Mother Teresa

Comments

• rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    KinkyPJ wrote: »
    My coworker just told me about this: http://moroccanoil.com/index.html. Has anyone heard of this or tried it?

never heard of it, and it was frustrating that i couldn't find the ingredients displayed prominantly on the site.

i found the complete ingredients on a beauty supply site: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl, MethylPropional, Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

oil isn't even the first ingredient, and it's loaded with cones and other synthetic stuff. i'll pass.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • KinkyPJKinkyPJ Posts: 297Registered Users
    Thanks for letting me know. Still in the learning phase.
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it [:afro:]. The hard... is what makes it great. -- Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own

• preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Posts: 679Registered Users Curl Novice
    rainshower wrote: »

never heard of it, and it was frustrating that i couldn't find the ingredients displayed prominantly on the site.

i found the complete ingredients on a beauty supply site: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl, MethylPropional, Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

oil isn't even the first ingredient, and it's loaded with cones and other synthetic stuff. i'll pass.

Yeesh, looks like there's barely any oil in that stuff! Sad. KinkyPJ, you could do a lot better by getting some actual oils and experimenting with adding herbs to them. This would be much, MUCH better for your hair & scalp than this alleged "Moroccan Oil". Do a search for "MoeGrow oil" for some recipes.
    4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

:love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!
    rainshower wrote: »

Yeesh, looks like there's barely any oil in that stuff! Sad. KinkyPJ, you could do a lot better by getting some actual oils and experimenting with adding herbs to them. This would be much, MUCH better for your hair & scalp than this alleged "Moroccan Oil". Do a search for "MoeGrow oil" for some recipes.

Thanks preciousjewel, I'm on it :)

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil

This ingredient is the oil from Morocco. I got the real thing, pure Argan oil, from Shea Terra Organics

A little goes a long way and I also use on my face.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • naturalnewbienaturalnewbie Posts: 48Registered Users
    Actually, my hairstylist uses this on my hair when I go in for a trim. It is not as heavy as olive oil and it doesn't seem to sit on my hair it's rather light or maybe that's just the way she applies it. I like it for once in a while usage. it does make my hair feel soft. But I wouldn't buy it.
    Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil

This ingredient is the oil from Morocco. I got the real thing, pure Argan oil, from Shea Terra Organics

A little goes a long way and I also use on my face.

Smashing, I'm on it.

• foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    Funny - I keep seeing this at "Essentials" in the mall. But everytime I read that ingredient label, I'm like blah! nm

rockin' to the tune of her own beat...

comic-p.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file