hair washing tips???

curlicarlycurlicarly Posts: 242Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Okay, so, like most curly girls, I only wash my hair about once a week. Friends think it's weird, but whatever. Anyways, so after I wash my hair, I have to put it in a french braid for at least 48 hours. When I take it out it's really pretty, but if I don't do the braid it turns into a frizzy mess! I am SO sick of having to wear a stupid braid on 2 out of every 7 days -_- So, what does everyone else do to get their hair dry without the BIGNESS? (I have 3b curls, by the way)
3b/c coarse, porous (I think), and THICK! Mod CG since: 10/11/08
Avoiding humectants and protein!

Comments

• cjohnson2010cjohnson2010 Posts: 58Registered Users
    You can apply products, plop and then diffuse. You can do a wet pineapple, or see what happens when you let it air dry.
  • lehcarbylehcarby Posts: 13Registered Users
    Get a really good gel that works for you (I love la bella, but it doesn't have a whole lot of hold to it if thats what you're looking for...herbal essences is pretty good too). I apply it after leave-in conditioner when my hair is super wet, then I plop with a microfiber towel. I get volume but not a whole lot of dryness or frizz.

hth!
    cg since 7/17/08 :wink:

3a/b
    currently still somewhat in transition...

in love with:
    vo5 vanilla mint tea
    suave naturals lavender
    la bella lots of curls
    FOTE
    shea butter
    herbal essences set me up
  • curlicarlycurlicarly Posts: 242Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    just wondering..what's a wet pineapple? thanks :)
  • EricurlsEricurls Posts: 12Registered Users
    i just want to ask why some people with curly hair only wash it like twice a week. i dont do it cuz i wash every day. is that really bad??
    Born w/ curls. Will die w/ curls.
    Ty
    pe 3A.
    Member since June 31 2008.
    Absolutely in love with Tresemme Curly hair products.
    :rolleyes: Erica Michelle

• figiwater9figiwater9 Posts: 79Registered Users
    It's not. I do it too. It depends on your hair texture I guess. I can't not wash my hair every day or it's always frizzy. No curl left. I just can't do it. So I was every day.
    I'm mostly a 3b-c, with a bit of everything else thrown in.
    I'm 17 years old.
    SL when dry.
    I'm kind of CG (occasional sulphate)

Wash: Miss Jessie's Creme de la Curl Cleansing Creme, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, Occasional LowPoo grabbed from a drugstore or Biotera Moisturizing Shampoo (for BAD buildup)
    Condition: Kenra, AOHR, Queen Helene's Cholesterol, Biolage Conditioning Balm, Generic KPak
    ALWAYS Biotera Styling Gel
    Haven't found a leave-in I like yet
  • fodiwatafodiwata Posts: 3Registered Users
    FINALLY after years and years of searching for some way to tame my poofy frizzy curls i have found a way!
    do the regular shampoo condition routine, except at night,then when your done put on some leave in conditioner or just extra conditioner. put your hair in a bun on the very top of your head (yes, youll probably look like an idiot, but who cares?) and then sleep. wake up in the morning and let those babies loose.
    I LOVE IT.:toothy7::occasion9::toothy7:
    :blob7:Because the people who are crazy enough to think
    :blob7: they can change the world, are the ones who do.

wow, I am DEFINITELY going to try these! my question about the overnight bun or plopping: does it really dry that fast? usually mine takes like 2 or 3 full days.. and if i get impatient, it will start out fine, but it keeps getting bigger and bigger. hahah *growls at frustrating hair*
  • figiwater9figiwater9 Posts: 79Registered Users
    You can use a diffuser to blowdry. It works really well.
    I'm mostly a 3b-c, with a bit of everything else thrown in.
    I'm 17 years old.
    SL when dry.
    I'm kind of CG (occasional sulphate)

Wash: Miss Jessie's Creme de la Curl Cleansing Creme, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, Occasional LowPoo grabbed from a drugstore or Biotera Moisturizing Shampoo (for BAD buildup)
    Condition: Kenra, AOHR, Queen Helene's Cholesterol, Biolage Conditioning Balm, Generic KPak
    ALWAYS Biotera Styling Gel
    Haven't found a leave-in I like yet
  • ponygirlcurtisponygirlcurtis Posts: 29Registered Users
    Ericurls wrote: »
    i just want to ask why some people with curly hair only wash it like twice a week. i dont do it cuz i wash every day. is that really bad??

When I say "I don't wash," I generally mean i don't shampoo. I think my curls and my scalp are happier and more hydrated when I only Shampoo once a week or so... My opinion!!! Hope I was helpful.

Oh, and I just got the Aussie stuff, and it really helps keep the frizz down with-out making it crispy. It's called something like, Aussie, Mousse / Leavie-in-conditioner. I put it in my wet hair. Or a hair stylist with curly hair told me styling CREAM, not gel was the best option...

Kat
    Lovin My Curls!
    Currently Using,:occasion9: Suave Coconut Conditioner, and Aussie Mousse+leave-in-conditioner. Working Well!
    Got Scrunch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    agh. so i bought a hair dryer/diffuser thing, but basically, it just made my hair really huge and frizzy. god, i really need a haircut!
  • wonderbreadlandwonderbreadland Posts: 5Registered Users
    hm, aussie? i tried their intense conditioner and it made my hair really oily. and dont even go near herbal essences- it turned my hair into one big knot!
    i have a shower every morning. i use warm water for shampooing (which i do every 2 days) and condition every day and rinse out in cold water.
    AND THEN i jump out of the shower, run to the counter, part my hair, separate my bangs then ill either put mousse or creme in.
    the wetter it is when you put product in, the better.
    then air-dry. its the only way it works for me. diffusing still leaves frizz. to finish, ill put a humidity sealant and hairspray before running out the door.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file