CurlTalk

I don't know why....

foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
But I just purchased a line of Devacurl- low poo, one condition, angell, and set it free.

I saw it in Harmon's. I used it such a long time ago, I wanted to give it another shot. I have some serious issues I need to deal with (sigh).

Anyway, I will be trying them out tomorrow and this weekend and if they don't work out going right back to the store.

From what I remember OneC was pretty good, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-Arc-AnGell-p-567.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-arc-angell]Arc Angell[/buylink] didn't have enough hold. I like the scent of both.

I did spray set it free on some dry curls. It has a really fine mist which I expected to be a stream. Thats a plus. But it did leave those curls a bit sticky and with a producty feel. I don't really like feeling anything in my hair. Furthermore, it has a really strong scent which Im not sure I like. I will have to try it before I can make a conclusion so I will hold onto my opinion.

Get me excited or wary ladies. Anyone still using this stuff?

rockin' to the tune of her own beat...


comic-p.jpg
«1

Comments

  • curlynikkicurlynikki Posts: 2,420Registered Users
    I've never tried [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-One-Condition-p-55.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-one-condition]DevaCurl One C[/buylink]...but Devacare is the ish!!!! I was talking with Jada1111 about it yesterday. It is ultra moisturizing and worth every penny. It is now one of my two leave-ins (the other is [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]Jessicurl WDT[/buylink]). I like the Lo-poo but Giovanni's 50/50 shampoo gets the job done better at a lower cost. SIF continues to be a staple. You don't need much, as it is very concentrated. The same bottle will last and last and last. My hair NEVER feels producty or gunky with this combo (WDT+Deva+SIF) and it has never looked better. For the first time in my natural journey, I have stuck with the same products for more than 5 months, lol. That says something...
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    I still haven't tried my devacare one c. I was looking at the low poo in Ulta, but for $17.95 I was like...I don't need this! lol
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Posts: 2,420Registered Users
    yeah, its aiight...but I agree, its not worth 18 dollars. Giovanni leaves my hair feeling moisturized, yet clean...it also contains the coco b cleanser.
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    I didn't think so! That price tag turned me off REALLY fast! Now the jessicurl curl cleansing cream...I want to try that...but I have so much hair...lol!! Do I NEED it? Naw!
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    Ok so here's my first day run.

    POO
    I pooed last night with low-poo. Which is very thick and does not spread well. I used more than I shouldve on the first lather. But on the second lather I realized that you have to make sure to massage it in real well and eventually the thick lather spreads nicely. It rinses out soft. My hair was a bit more tangled than usual, but it could've been due to the suave coconut condish I had left it in my hair which kinda made it dry as the day progressed.

    ONECO
    I had used this in the past so I knew that it was decent. Since my hair was a bit tangly than usual I had to use alot. Well at least definitely more than my normal. Although when I detangled I didn't see many hairs on the comb..+

    At first I didn't know what to think. It didn't feel as soft as I remembered it. But I proceeded with my shower rinsed it out and my strands felt nice and moisturized.

    ARCANGELL
    I love the soft fresh smell of this gel.It's a "wet" gel, like ORS lock and twist gel. Which means that you can scrunch water out of your hair with a tshirt, add gel, and the gel makes your hair wet. All of a sudden you hair is dripping again??

    I don't mind that. I like the opportunity to scrunch water out.

    STYLING
    I attempted a twistout last night which would've been ok had the twists actually dried overnight. Still I could tell the hair wouldve been soft & shiny.

    I cowashed this am. scrunched water out of my hair with a cotton tshirt. Then I proceeded to apply the gel, like I do my mousse. Like in about 5 sections. I was pretty heavy handed with the gel since I knew it was pretty light.

    I applied about a quarter dollop per section (raked through). Then I grazed the top with a bit more gel.

    I was undecided whether or not to spray set it free. But I did just to see the results.

    RESULTS

    My hair dried in about 2hrs.It has a soft hold despite the amount of product applied. Soft but definitely defined. Its pretty shiny too. The one con I have is shrinkage. Its not ridiculous but there is more shrinkage than usual. I guess it can be due to the fact that oneco and angell are lighter products than what I usually use. My curls are a bit skinnier than usual too.

    In general I had pretty good results. What I liked most is that when I rinsed out the twistout this morning my hair felt rreally soft.

    I might just stick with it for my hairs health considering I color but we will see.

    It all depends on whether I can get at least 2nd or 3rd day out of it.

    If I go out this weekend, I'll probably stretch out the roots a bit with a blowdryer because the shrinkage is not the business.

    However, I want to see how these products will hold out in a hot, crowded, nyc club....crossing fingers.

    rockin' to the tune of her own beat...


    comic-p.jpg
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    Empressri-

    I purchased the products for $14.99

    I've been wanting to try the Gio Smooth as Silk poo but we will see.

    rockin' to the tune of her own beat...


    comic-p.jpg
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    pps- I just took a good look at my hair in front of a big mirror LOL ( I was basing my answers on a compact makeup mirror I carry)

    My hair is really shiny and the color looks great. I have KCC shine without the 13 hr drying time and stiffness.

    I think the key to being successful this time around w angel was scrunching some of the water out first. In the past I applied it on soaking wet hair like my other products and it just didn't work.It would always leave it frizzy.

    Scrunching water out or applying products on damp hair usually leaves my hair looking a mess so I'm surprised.

    I kinda feel bad I gave this gel a thumbs down in the past :sad8:

    rockin' to the tune of her own beat...


    comic-p.jpg
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Posts: 2,420Registered Users
    I'm happy to hear that you're liking the results...Angell has always interested me, but I gave up gel, so I have no need for it.
  • CuriousCoilsCuriousCoils Posts: 26Registered Users
    FoxCus,

    I use the smooth as silk condish (I love it) and I wanted to use the shampoo, but I think there is a cone in it. You may want to double check in case you are on a no cone regimen. For whatever reason I have issues with cones in my shampoo particularly.
    4a Super tight Thick Coils
    BC - 4/06
    Loves: AOHR, Castor Oil, Giovanni 50/50 Shampoo & Condish
    Fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FCuriousCoils%2F" class="Popup

    comic-p.jpg
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    curlynikki wrote: »
    I'm happy to hear that you're liking the results...Angell has always interested me, but I gave up gel, so I have no need for it.

    So do you just use SIF?

    SIF is tricky because it did loosen up the hold of the gel but a tad too much and your hair gets producty...

    Im confused because u said you use:

    wdt+ devacare + sif

    but u dont use the no/low poo, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-Arc-AnGell-p-567.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-arc-angell]arc angell[/buylink], nor one c.

    So what is the middle step u r missing?

    rockin' to the tune of her own beat...


    comic-p.jpg
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Posts: 2,420Registered Users
    ??Not sure what you're asking.

    Like SBB, I use the SIF to attract moisture to my hair...its a humectant. I shampoo twice a month with Giovanni 50/50. I style 2-3 times a week with Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment (a finger scoop), Devacare One C (2 quarter size amounts), and about 12 squirts of SIF (sprayed into my hand and then applied to my hair). After all three of the products are applied, I twist..thats it...

    What middle step are you referring to?

    ETA: If you're looking for a way to add SIF to your routine, alot of folks use it on dry hair...I do too. After I take my twists down, I slick a little on the ends to de-frizz and moisturize a bit. I heart SIF :D All the pics in my spring and summer 2008 album are with SIF... my ends are happy and the overall smoothness is awesome!
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    curlynikki wrote: »
    I've never tried [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-One-Condition-p-55.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-one-condition]DevaCurl One C[/buylink]...but Devacare is the ish!!!! I was talking with Jada1111 about it yesterday. It is ultra moisturizing and worth every penny. It is now one of my two leave-ins (the other is [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]Jessicurl WDT[/buylink]). I like the Lo-poo but Giovanni's 50/50 shampoo gets the job done better at a lower cost. SIF continues to be a staple. You don't need much, as it is very concentrated. The same bottle will last and last and last. My hair NEVER feels producty or gunky with this combo (WDT+Deva+SIF) and it has never looked better. For the first time in my natural journey, I have stuck with the same products for more than 5 months, lol. That says something...

    Nikki, the bolded parts are where I was confused. I was sitting here like what other deva product is she using???

    Now I get it thanks.

    I tried it today on dry hair after the gel set. It gives a me a producty feel that rubs off on my fingers, so I'm not really liking SIF. But ill give it 2 or 3 more days.

    It might be that I'm misting too much. Who knows. It does have beeswax though, so Im not surprised that it feels the way it does.

    rockin' to the tune of her own beat...


    comic-p.jpg
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    FoxCus,

    I use the smooth as silk condish (I love it) and I wanted to use the shampoo, but I think there is a cone in it. You may want to double check in case you are on a no cone regimen. For whatever reason I have issues with cones in my shampoo particularly.

    Curious...I forgot to reply. Sorry!

    I don't really mind cones in products. Normally I poo and all that good stuff anyway. I really am tempted to try it since I love the Gio Mousse. But we will see how this little side fling with devacurl turns out.

    rockin' to the tune of her own beat...


    comic-p.jpg
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Posts: 2,420Registered Users
    foxycus02 wrote: »
    curlynikki wrote: »
    I've never tried [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-One-Condition-p-55.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-one-condition]DevaCurl One C[/buylink]...but Devacare is the ish!!!! I was talking with Jada1111 about it yesterday. It is ultra moisturizing and worth every penny. It is now one of my two leave-ins (the other is [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]Jessicurl WDT[/buylink]). I like the Lo-poo but Giovanni's 50/50 shampoo gets the job done better at a lower cost. SIF continues to be a staple. You don't need much, as it is very concentrated. The same bottle will last and last and last. My hair NEVER feels producty or gunky with this combo (WDT+Deva+SIF) and it has never looked better. For the first time in my natural journey, I have stuck with the same products for more than 5 months, lol. That says something...

    Nikki, the bolded parts are where I was confused. I was sitting here like what other deva product is she using???

    Now I get it thanks.

    I tried it today on dry hair after the gel set. It gives a me a producty feel that rubs off on my fingers, so I'm not really liking SIF. But ill give it 2 or 3 more days.

    It might be that I'm misting too much. Who knows. It does have beeswax though, so Im not surprised that it feels the way it does.

    No prob :toothy7:
  • teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    Hey, foxy! You are NOT alone! I've been on an experimenting binge that I hope will end soon! Lol! At least my husband sure hopes it does :) I'm currently using products that I absolutely love....so I :dontknow: what's wrong with me. :confused: The PJ is in full effect! :twisted: I vowed to never spend any more of my money on DevaCurl anything after my experience with SIF, Mister Right...AND Low-poo, but CurlyNikki has had my PJ raging to buy [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-One-Condition-p-467.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-one-condition]DevaCare One Condition[/buylink]er. I might finally give in.
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Fteshon" class="Popup PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fteshonandfamily" class="Popup
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Posts: 2,420Registered Users
    On Thursday, before putting in the henna, I was feeling the PJ bug... not for any product in particular...but for something (anything) new to try, lol. I sat and thought, and checked the product reviews, and thought some more. But couldn't come up with anything I needed or wanted!!! So, I gave it up and applied my henna. Its so wierd... my current reggie and products are working so well that my PJ can't even rear its ugly head when it wants to. Teshon, the Devacare One C is amazing. I don't use it to detangle (I think it would be great...it has good slip), but I use it as a leave-in- it keeps my hair slick and reduces manipulation and thus fallen hairs.
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    foxycus02 wrote: »
    Empressri-

    I purchased the products for $14.99

    I've been wanting to try the Gio Smooth as Silk poo but we will see.


    Where at?
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    empressri wrote: »
    foxycus02 wrote: »
    Empressri-

    I purchased the products for $14.99

    I've been wanting to try the Gio Smooth as Silk poo but we will see.


    Where at?

    Harmon's a very popular chain store in Jersey. I think they have locations in NY not exactly sure where. They have a website.

    rockin' to the tune of her own beat...


    comic-p.jpg
  • KynnibKynnib Posts: 999Registered Users
    I got the low poo and wasnt too fond of it. It makes my hair feel squeaky clean and wasny moisturizing in the least.
    4a hair. MOD CG routine.

    Present Loves
    -Back on the (rajasthani) henna train! My hair is so much better now.
    -KBB hair butter mixed with Hairveda Cocasta oil
    -Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    teshon wrote: »
    Hey, foxy! You are NOT alone! I've been on an experimenting binge that I hope will end soon! Lol! At least my husband sure hopes it does :) I'm currently using products that I absolutely love....so I :dontknow: what's wrong with me. :confused: The PJ is in full effect! :twisted: I vowed to never spend any more of my money on DevaCurl anything after my experience with SIF, Mister Right...AND Low-poo, but CurlyNikki has had my PJ raging to buy [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-One-Condition-p-467.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-one-condition]DevaCare One Condition[/buylink]er. I might finally give in.

    I was not impressed with SIF (yucky feel) and Low Poo (tangle-tangle -tangle) but I did try Devacare in the past and it is pretty good. But it has this odd orange scent- think- orange starburst that I didn't care for.

    rockin' to the tune of her own beat...


    comic-p.jpg
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    Teshon,
    Y am I not surprised that you didn't like SIF? lol. Our hair dislikes the same products (most of the times anyway)

    rockin' to the tune of her own beat...


    comic-p.jpg
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    Kynnib wrote: »
    I got the low poo and wasnt too fond of it. It makes my hair feel squeaky clean and wasny moisturizing in the least.

    I can see that. It was weird it rinsed out soft. But when it came to adding conditioner and detangling - diff story.

    rockin' to the tune of her own beat...


    comic-p.jpg
  • teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    curlynikki wrote: »
    On Thursday, before putting in the henna, I was feeling the PJ bug... not for any product in particular...but for something (anything) new to try, lol. I sat and thought, and checked the product reviews, and thought some more. But couldn't come up with anything I needed or wanted!!! So, I gave it up and applied my henna. Its so wierd... my current reggie and products are working so well that my PJ can't even rear its ugly head when it wants to. Teshon, the Devacare One C is amazing. I don't use it to detangle (I think it would be great...it has good slip), but I use it as a leave-in- it keeps my hair slick and reduces manipulation and thus fallen hairs.

    Not that I need more conditioner, but it sounds so great!

    Girl, I think I'm just bored with my normal line-up! You should see the bottom of my bathroom cabinet. I don't need to buy anything else....BUT DevaCare One Cond. One more product won't hurt(the thoughts of a real junkie!) :cry: Oooo, I am so there at Ulta tomorrow with my 20% coupon! It should cost me around $14 and some change! Thanks for the rec.!
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Fteshon" class="Popup PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fteshonandfamily" class="Popup
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Okay! Guess the low poo and no poo and poopoo for me! Hehe won't be purchasing.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    I was not impressed with SIF (yucky feel) and Low Poo (tangle-tangle -tangle) but I did try Devacare in the past and it is pretty good. But it has this odd orange scent- think- orange starburst that I didn't care for.

    I usually like citrus/island-y scents...so the orange starburst really doesn't sound that bad to me. I think I'm more sensitive to artificial perfume-like scents. I thought I was going to pass out the first time I tried HSR or worse... :puker: Lol!
    Teshon,
    Y am I not surprised that you didn't like SIF? lol. Our hair dislikes the same products (most of the times anyway)

    Our hair definitely like some of the same hair products. I'd buy a hundred bottles of SIF, if I could get fabulous "CurlyNikki" and "Surburban" hair with it. Lol! There just wasn't a "wow" factor for me when I tried SIF. Since AO MM is no longer a part of my routine, Angell is looking more and more appealing.
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Fteshon" class="Popup PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fteshonandfamily" class="Popup
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    empressri wrote: »
    Okay! Guess the low poo and no poo and poopoo for me! Hehe won't be purchasing.

    lmfao

    rockin' to the tune of her own beat...


    comic-p.jpg
  • teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    So I picked up my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-One-Condition-p-467.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-one-condition]DevaCare One Condition[/buylink]er today. I smelled it before leaving the store to make sure I could handle the scent. It does smell really sweet...like candy. Foxy, you were dead on when you compared it to orange starburst. I was concerned about how this would smell in my hair when mixed with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]JC WDT[/buylink](island fantasy). I put a finger tip full of each one in the palm of my hand and mixed them together. There was no cottage cheese and the combo creates a completely different citrus-like smell to me when mixed together. The DevaCare is not as strong. I can hardly wait to try it tomorrow!
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Fteshon" class="Popup PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fteshonandfamily" class="Popup
  • teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    OMG....CurlyNikki! I love it! :blob7:

    Ok...so today I applied DevaCare to wet hair along with WDT and my hair feels like silk! I have a tad more frizz than normal because I didn't co-wash today...and believe me it would be worse if I didn't rewet it. Here's a result pic taken outside:

    DSC1415-vi.jpg?1220203917

    It's about 70% dry here. No gel or oil substitues! This combo is AMAZING!!! Thanks girl!

    dsc01413.html
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Fteshon" class="Popup PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fteshonandfamily" class="Popup
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Posts: 2,420Registered Users
    YAY!!! I'm glad to hear it :D

    Your hair looks amazing and sooooo shiny and defined. I apply both while I'm still in the shower...a little of each, but more of the Deva (which sets the curls VERY well). My hair stays moisturized for days. Plus, since I'm only using the Deva as a leave-in, one bottle lasts a looooooong time.

    Im happy my (current, lol) fav combo works for you too!!! Hopefully, it will give you consistent results like I've experienced. If they discontinued either product, I don't know what I'd do.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    @Teshon - I use the SIF on dry hair only. I also found it to be a bit producty on wet hair, go figure. It is fabulous when I scrunch 15 sprays mixed with some WDT or Claudies Satin Styler into my dry hair; a little moisture and fluffer cocktail.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

    Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
«1