My KBB came today!

pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
Now that I discovered the joys of CV bars, the next logical PJ purchase was the KBB products.

Well, I did a DT with the Hair butter. (I practically mugged the UPS man, ran up the stairs, and was opening the box while I started up the shower....) My hair is very soft and doesn't feel product-y. Curls are good, maybe a bit stringy but I think I used too much. But volume is good. I don't have any styling product in it tonight.

I really like the hair cream and think it might be a great replacement for the MHC hair cream. Will try the hair oil as a DT this weekend, to see how it stacks up against the TE cocoa butter oil.

I don't know if I need both the hair cream and the hair butter. Probably the butter is too heavy for my hair. Will try the hair milk tomorrow as leave-in.
Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
Co-wash: TJ Nourish
Protein: CJ Repair Me
Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Just be careful, these products are so rich it's easy to overdo it. Hair milk may be too heavy to use as a leave in during the summer, so just use a tiny bit. It took me three weeks to use up about a 1/2 t of the cream--and I over did it some of the time! It's all really wonderful, you just want to keep using more.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    I am so glad you responded since I need to get a concrete idea of what an appropriate amount is.

I know I overdid the hair butter for the DT, but how much Hair Milk do you use as a leave-in? My hair is about the same length as yours is in the photos you have with your sig.

I find the Hair Milk to be thicker than I expected. I am using only about 1/2 tsp....not much. But I think I am still feeling the affects of overdoing the Hair Butter and I just started using the CV Olive Oil/Babassu bar so that is quite moisturizing also.

I am assuming an ACV rinse would really help.
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

I am so glad you responded since I need to get a concrete idea of what an appropriate amount is.

I know I overdid the hair butter for the DT, but how much Hair Milk do you use as a leave-in? My hair is about the same length as yours is in the photos you have with your sig.

I find the Hair Milk to be thicker than I expected. I am using only about 1/2 tsp....not much. But I think I am still feeling the affects of overdoing the Hair Butter and I just started using the CV Olive Oil/Babassu bar so that is quite moisturizing also.

I am assuming an ACV rinse would really help.

Total of 1/2 t of the hair milk should be fine, I do about two pumps. I used it as a leave in today, as a matter of fact. Trying to gauge how much to use all of these moisturizing products. I did what you did with the butter when it came, too. Started with a little--just to see. A little became a little more and you know the rest of the story. On Tues. I brought some cream to the US Open. I was going to be out in the sun all day, so I put a little on to help with frizz. A little became a little more--AGAIN. It was too much. I need to back off a bit. I'd be cautious about using the oil unless your hair is dry. You just did a DT. I'm thinking with these products, we don't have to DT as much. I did a cassia treatment, it was about time. Thought it would counteract any over conditioning. It did.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ok, I am going to try to control myself with the amounts of the KBB, but it is hard!!!!

I will admit that I put a bit of the oil on the ends of my curls today....:toothy5: It is so hard not to play around with my new products!!

I need to get some moisture into my hair, but I tend to overdo it, so I am going to cut what I want to put in there by half.

Did I read that some people use the Milk as a rinse out?
    CG since '08.

Ok, I am going to try to control myself with the amounts of the KBB, but it is hard!!!!

I will admit that I put a bit of the oil on the ends of my curls today....:toothy5: It is so hard not to play around with my new products!!

I need to get some moisture into my hair, but I tend to overdo it, so I am going to cut what I want to put in there by half.

Did I read that some people use the Milk as a rinse out?

Scarriecarrie was the one who told me to do that. It's the only rinse out I use. I never found a conditioner that was moisturizing enough--other than the AOs. They are too heavy to use everyday or during the summer--at least for me. This is very moisturizing, but light. I think your halving your inclinations is a good idea. You can always emulsify a LITTLE cream and smooth that on your canopy when it dries. Just be careful, not too much!! I've learned the hard way. It took me three weeks to use about 1/4oz--and I overdid it some days.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks KathyMack, I am going to keep your advice in mind whenever I pick up a KBB product. It will be a struggle, but if I remind myself that it will last longer, maybe that will help.

Will try the milk as a rinse out next time I wash. Thanks for the advice! Will it work as a co-wash, do you think?

Have you tried the nectar? I am wondering if the nectar would distribute better in my hair for leave-in/rinse-out. I like the milk and don't see that the nectar has a sample size, so don't want to buy more than I need. (already have way too much product under the sink that I don't use!)
    CG since '08.

Will try the milk as a rinse out next time I wash. Thanks for the advice! Will it work as a co-wash, do you think?

Have you tried the nectar? I am wondering if the nectar would distribute better in my hair for leave-in/rinse-out. I like the milk and don't see that the nectar has a sample size, so don't want to buy more than I need. (already have way too much product under the sink that I don't use!)

I don't see why it wouldn't work as a cowash. They do make shampoo and conditioners, too. Most of the time, I've used the nectar rather than the milk as a leave in. Don't know yet if I prefer one over the other. I don't have issues distributing it, but I don't have a lot of hair anymore. So far, all of the products I've tried have been wonderful.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    How much of a difference do you find between the milk and the nectar? How much lighter is the nectar?

I was thinking about the conditioner, but I am still using up what I have so want to wait. And I don't always need a rinse-out, so something I can use as rinse-out or leave-in sounds good.

Thanks for the advice, KathyMack!
    CG since '08.

The nectar is "runny." When you tip over the bottle, it flows. The milk is more solid. You can turn the bottle upside down and it doesn't go anywhere. The nectar is grapeseed oil and supposed to have half the oil of the milk. The milk has jojoba and avocado oils--don't know if that helps.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    kathymack wrote: »
    The nectar is "runny." When you tip over the bottle, it flows. The milk is more solid. You can turn the bottle upside down and it doesn't go anywhere. The nectar is grapeseed oil and supposed to have half the oil of the milk. The milk has jojoba and avocado oils--don't know if that helps.

Hmmm...thanks. It is very helpful and would be even more helpful if I paid better attention to the oils in successful hair products!!! I am going to go back to the website and pay attention to the different oils in the various products.

I am going to have to give away the coco-lime hair butter since the scent is driving me crazy. The white tea hair oil is a bit better but still very strong. I think I am going to go unscented.
    CG since '08.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file