Anyone try pink boots?

Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
I have some of this and would like to try it out on my hair before the summer is over. This stuff seems to be a hit with wavies on up to 3b, but I dont see much from higher textured curlies about this stuff. Anyone use it with good or bad results?
Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
http://www.youtube.com/user/Curlypad?feature=mhum

comic-p.jpg

Comments

• jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    Well, my hair is mostly 4a, and it's coarse and has low porosity. I tried this stuff and it was a mess on my hair. I think less so than curl type it's a matter of texture and porosity; my hair was too coarse and not porous enough for this product. I could tell this by the fact it wasn't enough to smooth my hair and it literally sat on it with a greyish cast. I was hoping to use it more as a leave in than a styler. It barely created any definition or hold either, so it was useless as a styler, too.
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Where will you get it from?
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    thats what i was wondering!

i thought they discontinued it years ago...
    I know it's in the UK and some stores in the US sell the Boots brand, but I haven't seen the pink boots hair cream.
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    yeah. i thought they discontinued pink boots hair junk in the US specifically. but i could be wrong. its happened once or twice before.:wink:

target sells boots and i always scan the shelf for the pink boots hair cream. everyone used to rave about it when i first joined the site and thats like the only products i never tried but wanted to. if i find out someone nearby is selling it i'm grabbing my $$, my kid, and the diaper bag and we're going to get hair stuff!:iroc:
  • Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    Thanks jeamaria. That makes since about the porosity versus the curl type when it comes to this stuff. Im a little iffy about trying it, because im nervous about similar results to yours with this product, since i've never used a product like it and don't know how my hair will react.

Empress and subbrock, got this stuff in a swap a couple of months ago. I also heard it was discontinued, so when I got to swap for some I was pretty excited since i've always been curious about it also. Im gonna try it out tomorrow after detangling and will post a review just for the heck of it, since, who knows, it may be sold in Target one day with the rest of the Boots stuff.
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Curlypad?feature=mhum

comic-p.jpg
    Ooh well Ashkins, if you find it please do let us know!

I can see Subbrock, grabbing the little one and shoving hair stuff in the diaper bag lol. Then making a run for it with the pockets bulging with boots pink hair cream lol. :laughing7:
    [/B]
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    empressri wrote: »
    Where will you get it from?

There's a woman name Becci, who is willing to send it from UK:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=53618

Otherwise you can order it from britsuperstore, but it's about $9 for the shipping.

http://www.britsuperstore.com/
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file