We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Henna on short hair???

shannon35shannon35 Posts: 114Registered Users
Ok, I have a question for you ladies. I have very short hair (about 3-4" at it's longest point). Would it even be worth coloring my hair w/ henna since it's so short as it would be very hard to just do root touch ups? My hair grows fairly quickly. If I did do the henna could I just do an all over dye when needed or would I have to do just roots? Hope you can help me with this. Thanks!
comic-p.jpg
3b curls fine/medium & porous (I think)
CO-WASH: Suave Naturals coconut
COND: Matrix Biolage cond. balm or
AOHR
ACV rince 1x wk
LEAVE-IN: Giovanni DLI, Matrix Biolage balm or Aura Cherry Almond Bark
GEL: HE set me up
SKIN: Purpose gentle cleansing bar

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I do roots-only applications because my hair is very long, and the build-up on the length would get too dark over time. If I kept it short, I'd just do whole-head applications each time.
  • shannon35shannon35 Posts: 114Registered Users
    RCW how often would I have to do it? Probobly would depend on how fast my hair grows and how often I cut it right? I plan on getting BAQ henna from Rajasthan from mehandi.com. Would that be good?
    comic-p.jpg
    AOHR
    ACV rince 1x wk
  • shannon35shannon35 Posts: 114Registered Users
    OR...should I get the BAQ 3 henna from Yemen? Which would be better? Both from mehandi.com
    comic-p.jpg
    AOHR
    ACV rince 1x wk
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    shannon35 wrote: »
    RCW how often would I have to do it? Probobly would depend on how fast my hair grows and how often I cut it right? I plan on getting BAQ henna from Rajasthan from mehandi.com. Would that be good?

How often depends on your preferences and your hair. I do mine weekly/bi-weekly, but I have a lot of gray and like to keep the roots covered.

Any of the high-quality hennas from Mehandi.com will work. I like Yemen and Jamila best, but I'm dying to try the one for African hair...supposed to have great color and rinse really easily because of the fine sift.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file