CurlTalk

I Was Looking Up Some Sexy Men &...

g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
I found out that Fabian Forte was in PlayGirl. I wasn't too impressed. More hair then package. He doesn't look "that" bad today, but nothing to get excited about. I also looked up Tom Jones. :sad1: I listen to a lot of the oldies at work, so I was curious what they looked like today.

Who did you have a crush on & what does he look like today? Of course, we all know that we look the same as we did in our teens & twenties. :p
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,250Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I had a crush on most every rocker from the 70's. Some of them still look great, some look terrible, some are dead. I still love them all.
    I think Tom Jones still looks and sounds great and can do me anytime. : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • dembidjdembidj Posts: 32Registered Users
    Jeep, you are a character! You crack me up!:hello1:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fdonnafina%2F" class="Popup
    Pwd curls
    3a in winter- 3bin summer
    Grey and growing out since 5/2006
    Trimmed 9/07
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Sean Cassidy. And I don't think I've seen a picture of him since shortly after the Hardy Boys ended. LOL

A slew of others but he and I were engaged - at least in my mind. ;)
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Michael Caine used to be hot. Anyone see him in Zulu? Jees!!
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    This thread is old...but heck, so am I!

Lets see... had a huge crush on Richard Hatch (Streets of San Fransisco), Paul Micheal Glaser (Starsky) and Bobby Darren (from the Old Gidget movies - dont ask).

They all held up pretty well. On the other hand, you should see what my ex-husband looks like now....Its not pretty....:toothy7:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    rudeechick wrote: »

Lets see... had a huge crush on Richard Hatch (Streets of San Fransisco), Paul Micheal Glaser (Starsky) and Bobby Darren (from the Old Gidget movies - dont ask).

They all held up pretty well. On the other hand, you should see what my ex-husband looks like now....Its not pretty....:toothy7:

Mmmmm Starsky - with all his dark curls - MEOW!
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • MarMar Posts: 3,003Registered Users
    Sean Cassidy. And I don't think I've seen a picture of him since shortly after the Hardy Boys ended. LOL

A slew of others but he and I were engaged - at least in my mind. ;)

I just saw a pic of him recently,he didn't look TOO bad.

I had Leif Garrett and Peter Frampton on my walls.
    Leif looks ok but he's messed up.
    Peter looks hotter than ever to me:)
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • latetocurlslatetocurls Posts: 127Registered Users
    I still love the King.
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,366Registered Users

Which should be of IMMENSE satisfaction to you...and if it is not...well, it should be!

Randolph Mantooth (Emergency!) Wow....
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

I still love the King.
    Ah, Elvis - In his "Change of Habit" Days. <swoon>
    My Photobucket Album
    susancnw wrote: »

Which should be of IMMENSE satisfaction to you...and if it is not...well, it should be!

Randolph Mantooth (Emergency!) Wow....
    Oh it SO is.... except my boyfriend always throws it in my face..."Well, you married him..." And I try to convince him how cute my ex was AT THE TIME.....

Its ok, I've seen my boyfriends ex-wife!%>
    My Photobucket Album
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    I had a crush on most every rocker from the 70's. Some of them still look great, some look terrible, some are dead. I still love them all.
    I think Tom Jones still looks and sounds great and can do me anytime. : )

For your pleasure. :wink: Your're welcome.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgvmyTZEqlo8" class="Popup
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • deedee55deedee55 Posts: 1Registered Users

funny you should mention paul michael glaser. i was at a wedding in la this weekend and saw him at a burrito joint in venice beach. took a while to place the face - he was wearing a baseball cap and had a kind of scruffy beard - and i kept staring at the poor guy. he seemed like a pretty nice guy, from buying burritos next to him at least.

dd
    deedee55 wrote: »

funny you should mention paul michael glaser. i was at a wedding in la this weekend and saw him at a burrito joint in venice beach. took a while to place the face - he was wearing a baseball cap and had a kind of scruffy beard - and i kept staring at the poor guy. he seemed like a pretty nice guy, from buying burritos next to him at least.

dd

I don't even know how to respond to that. :laughing7: I think it let's all of us "regular people" realize that they are pretty much regular, too. (after their fame)
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • elfsmomscelfsmomsc Posts: 26Registered Users
    Just wondering, does anyone remember Bobby Sherman?

I thought he was really something, oh, many years ago.
    CG since Tuesday! :tongue5:
    July '08
    Suave Naturals Trop Coconut for cowash
    Giovanni Direct Leave in-looking for a better option
    FX Curls Booster gel-liking this so far
    --and with a shopping list an arm long of new things to try! LOL
    elfsmomsc wrote: »

Yer goin way back, but Yes! He was on "Here comes the Brides" on ABC, Friday nights.....

Tiger Beat moment, baby!
    My Photobucket Album
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator

;)

244.cassidy.shaun.100306.jpg
    Speckla wrote: »

;)

Spekla, if you posted this cause you think he looks good.... I think that French Braids a wee bit too tight!;)
    My Photobucket Album
  • scarriecarriescarriecarrie Posts: 382Registered Users
    Harrison Ford in the first Star Wars movie. YUM, YUM, YUM!!!!!
    Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
    Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
    MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditionerloveshower.gif

More disappointments...sherman_now.jpg
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • godgivenpermgodgivenperm Posts: 678Registered Users

Part of me wants to say "that's sad" as I remember what a cutie he was. But on the other hand, he's aged naturally. He seems happy being out of the limelight.

I saw my other heartthrob, David Cassidy, on Oprah and with the work he's had on done on his face he looked like he was wearing a mask. Sure, no wrinkles, but no expression either. Why do these "stars" do this? I think I prefer the aging of Bobby.
    3B/3C
    No more PJ tendencies. Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier is the best thing to make my curls rock all day! Next best are KCCC and Re:Coil +HE TT Gel.

Part of me wants to say "that's sad" as I remember what a cutie he was. But on the other hand, he's aged naturally. He seems happy being out of the limelight.

I saw my other heartthrob, David Cassidy, on Oprah and with the work he's had on done on his face he looked like he was wearing a mask. Sure, no wrinkles, but no expression either. Why do these "stars" do this? I think I prefer the aging of Bobby.

I have to agree with you on the plastic surgery. It must be called plastic, because the people look plastic.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • elfsmomscelfsmomsc Posts: 26Registered Users
    Harrison Ford in the first Star Wars movie. YUM, YUM, YUM!!!!!

Oh, Yes! I watched those movies just last week with my kids. I don't think
    my daughters quite understood how he became a leading man,
    from his newer movies, but they sure got it after seeing Han Solo!

They still don't get Carrie Fisher, and could not believe that Mark Hamill was a big deal for awhile.
    But Harrison Ford--that made sense!
    CG since Tuesday! :tongue5:
    July '08
    Suave Naturals Trop Coconut for cowash
    Giovanni Direct Leave in-looking for a better option
    FX Curls Booster gel-liking this so far
    --and with a shopping list an arm long of new things to try! LOL
  • starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users

Yes, he was very crushworthy!
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users

Oh wow. I wouldn't have known that was him if you hadn't told me. He doesn't look awful, but he doesn't look like him. Some stars don't change much, and then others do I guess.
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Speckla wrote: »

;)

Spekla, if you posted this cause you think he looks good.... I think that French Braids a wee bit too tight!;)

Um, no, I don't think he looks good or horrible.

I do remember posters of him and David being all over my house in the 70s. He was cute back then.
  • funnybunny668funnybunny668 Posts: 16Registered Users
    Here's a rather odd combination...
    I had a crush on Paul McCartney and on Rick Springfield! LOL
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users

Thanks for the pic, elfsmomsc. When I was 9 years old, I had posters of both Bobby Sherman and David Cassidy on my wall. Those two were always featured in "Teen Beat" magazine. :love7:

Yes, he's older, but I think he's holding up pretty well. I guess g-string nolikey? :wink:

Is that a police officer's uniform he's wearing?

Thanks for the memories! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,250Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Bobby looks not bad to me. I like normal aging I guess. And still has that same cute crooked smile.

I still have serious hotpants for Rick Springfield.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    Bobby looks not bad to me. I like normal aging I guess. And still has that same cute crooked smile.

I still have serious hotpants for Rick Springfield.

Me, too. Rick Springfield still looks hot.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls

Leave a Comment