CurlTalk

They're baaaaack.

yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Warning: don't click if creepy bugs creep you out and make you feel creepy. Because this is one creepy freakin' creep.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=34308

:pale: I just killed one.
I am going to die. If they start marching down the hallway again, one by one, like they did last year...I'm telling you. I will freaking die.

I should have taken the advice and MOVED the hell out of here.

:goofy:

:crybaby:

Comments

• g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    Have you tried fogging your house or using an exterminator? I'm not usually creeped out by bugs, but that is one ugly dude.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Is that a cricket spider?:thumbdown:
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Have you tried fogging your house or using an exterminator? I'm not usually creeped out by bugs, but that is one ugly dude.

No, because last year, we finally found where they were getting in and we fixed it. Now, I am hoping that this guy just jumped in while the door was open. Sometimes our dogs will nudge the back screen door open if I don't lock it. I'm really, really, really hoping this is just an isolated incident. :sad8:
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Speckla wrote: »
    Is that a cricket spider?:thumbdown:

I think it's a cave cricket? carmel cricket? camel cricket?
    I don't know, something like that.

eta: it's probably not a "carmel" cricket.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    caramel cricket?

Mmmmmmmm
    wild~hair wrote: »
    caramel cricket?

Mmmmmmmm

250600bGIF_w.jpg
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    caramel cricket?

Mmmmmmmm

Is that like a chocolate grasshopper???
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • fig jamfig jam Posts: 2,555Registered Users
    Camel. Camel cricket.

Mine disappeared since I had to have exterminators to get rid of some carpenter ants. Which also got rid of the box elder bugs, which made me very happy. Those little SOBs were prolific outside -- clusters of bugs make me SICK.
    "Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
    caramel cricket?

Mmmmmmmm

Probably very close.
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    yagottacreepybugbits, do you wanna come stay with me until the invasion is over?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    fig jam wrote: »
    Camel. Camel cricket.

Mine disappeared since I had to have exterminators to get rid of some carpenter ants. Which also got rid of the box elder bugs, which made me very happy. Those little SOBs were prolific outside -- clusters of bugs make me SICK.

I just looked it up. Man, those suckers look evil. They're like little Darth Maul bugs.
  • boarderhopperboarderhopper Banned Posts: 295Banned Users
    It looks like a cricket a snail and an alien. I've never seen one before and i dont want to.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    caramel cricket?

Mmmmmmmm

Probably very close.

Please note that I have never eaten a caramel cricket, nor have I ever sampled any bug. :glasses9:

Just havin' a little fun with yagotta there.
    spring1onu wrote: »
    yagottacreepybugbits, do you wanna come stay with me until the invasion is over?

:( mmmm hmmm. yes, please.
    love you, thank you springybits.
    Ok, I'll get the Aerobed inflated and made up and start baking the cookies for us to munch on while we watch movies. :toothy7:

Seriously, I'm such a weenie when it comes to bugs if we had those things I'd probably just pass out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    Ok, I'll get the Aerobed inflated and made up and start baking the cookies for us to munch on while we watch movies. :toothy7:

Seriously, I'm such a weenie when it comes to bugs if we had those things I'd probably just pass out.

I will bring my cat. He likes crunchy bugs.

Probably very close.

Please note that I have never eaten a caramel cricket, nor have I ever sampled any bug. :glasses9:

Just havin' a little fun with yagotta there.

Sure
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users
    Where's Mr. Yagotta this time?

I also vote for those bug speaker things. Worked great at my house. Also keeps rodents out during the winter.

woo hoo!!

I did. :(

ok. I lied. I really didn't. I was kinda hoping you'd feel sorry for me and let me have all the cookies we bake.

he's sleeping.
    do you believe that?
    sleeping at a time like this..
    pssshhhhh. whatever.
    Girl, I got the 6qt professional Kitchen Aid mixer...we'll make a double batch! Heck, we'll even have ice cream. :icescream:

Speckla, my dog likes cats. :toothy7: LOL

Gosh, now I really want a sleepover. :sad8:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users

he's sleeping.
    do you believe that?
    sleeping at a time like this..
    pssshhhhh. whatever.

If the freaking things didn't hop, I'd say employ some good aerosol hair spray. Freeze 'em then torch 'em. Or a bucket of water on Mr. Yagotta to get him to take care of it would work equally well...

Seriously...those speaker bug things are a godsend. I have one in every room but the bathroom and if there were more than 2 plugs in there, I'd do it in there, too!

• Rebecca deWinterRebecca deWinter Posts: 2,254Registered Users
    you could try 20 mule team borax. my boss swears by it. she used to live in florida and they had to have a bug man down there for the monster cucarachas, then someone turned her onto the borax, and she never had another bug and never had to call the bug man again. it's safe for pets, you just sprinkle a little bit on your carpet. she says the active ingredient is boric acid (here's a little bit about how it repels insects /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Falsnetbiz.com%2Fhomeimprovement%2Fboric_acid.html" class="Popup).

not sure if it would work on the creepshows invading your place, but it may be worth a try. you should be able to find it in the laundrey aisle..i think..

good luck! those things look like pure evil!
    *~*displaced yooper*~*
    :hockey: \m/ \m/
    3069786076_f03f452f63.jpg?v=0
    master quigley and queen ruby, my puppy loves <3
    for wild~hair:

I'm getting really quick on this knifty knitter...

mittens.jpg

yes.
    I have issues.
    I'm aware.
    for wild~hair:

mittens.jpg10007s.jpg

yes.
    I have issues.
    I'm aware.

perfect
    Awe, six little mittens!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey, where are the kittens he stole the mittens from?

He probably ate them first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He probably ate them first.

:'(
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    for wild~hair:

mittens.jpg

yes.
    I have issues.
    I'm aware.

OMG! OK if all bugs looked like this I would so not have a problem with them. :toothy7:
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]