Hello! happy to have found the site

lizyounglizyoung Posts: 44Registered Users
Hi -
I think I'm somewhere between 3a and b - depends on the day. Sometimes I get fat corkscrews and other times medium waves.
My avatar pic is just after a haircut and just before starting no-poo.
Am remembering how much I love the no-poo method but I'm still figuring out just how much I need to rinse.
Last time I used the no-poo I had color in my hair, now that it's uncolored it is more curly.
Whoo Hoo!

liz
2c/3b ii CG since 27.08.08
Using:
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose or Trader Joe's Nourish condish; Kiss My Face Upper Management Styling gel
Drying: with microfibre waffle weave dish towels from Walmart and a diffuser when I feel like it
Contemplating: trying a curl cream

Comments

• starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome aboard! You are going to like it here. Actually, I think your hair is gorgeous and don't think you are going to need much advice from us! It's just a tad hard to tell from the pic, but your hair is gray, right? (and I'm assuming that's you!) It's really pretty. There was some conversation on the over 40 forum about gray hair and coloring or not to color. You'll have to check it out. Everyone is going to love yours!
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh duh, I re-read your post where you clearly state that the pic is you! I'm having a "stupid" day today!
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • lizyounglizyoung Posts: 44Registered Users
    Well, we all have them (stupid days, that is).
    That pic of me is my new haircut - which I'm not sure I like too much, but thanks to this site I have located a curly-friendly salon in Sacramento (not too far from where I live) so I hope to get a GOOD haircut when this one has grown out a little bit. On the other hand, this is a COOL haircut because all the artificial color is gone! Finally!
    And yes, I am gray - well - multicolored. The gray came in at the temples years ago (now that's white) and the top layer is all gray but the underlayers in the back are dark blonde.
    Today I tried Avalon Organics Awapuhi Mango Moisturizing Conditioner (an old bottle from before dimethicone was added) and a squeeze of ABBA Pomade mixed in w/ more of the Avalon to finish things off. I'll know in a few hours once my hair has dried how I like it.
    Using:
    Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose or Trader Joe's Nourish condish; Kiss My Face Upper Management Styling gel
    Drying: with microfibre waffle weave dish towels from Walmart and a diffuser when I feel like it
  • cristacrista Posts: 116Registered Users
    Welcome! You have beautiful curls, and we're glad you're here.
    Crista
  • nostalgic_mermaidnostalgic_mermaid Posts: 3Registered Users
    Oh, am I glad to have found this site. I love your haircut. I have always had curly hair, somewhere between 3a and 3b, but I have always had haircuts that I have never been happy with. I'm going with my heart this time and hope it turns out great.

nostalgic_mermaid
    3a/3b; thick; dirty blonde
  • lizyounglizyoung Posts: 44Registered Users
    I love your haircut.
    nostalgic_mermaid
    Thanks! I think it is just a basic cut-while-wet layered cut with the front sections angled a fair amount.
    I will say that I referred to it as the haircut from H... because although it looked great the day I got it, after the next day's shower - yeouch! Puffball, like some demented gone-to-seed plant.
    And that's when I remembered my copy of CG and embarked on tonsorial bliss.
    Enjoy the site, I sure am!
    Using:
  • ringlets of fireringlets of fire Posts: 105Registered Users
    Your hair is very cute. It looks a lot like my best friend's hair. I thought it was blonde highlights, not grey. You must have a very pretty grey.
    Hair: tight waves to loose curls. Thick. Coarse. Dry. Natural redhead until bright white strands popped out. Color with FramColor now. Shampoo: alternate Phytojoba with Cowash: Suave coconut, Paul Brown or those that didn't work well as a conditioner. Conditioner: can't find one heavy enough. Product: Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade. DT: Coconut Oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file