CurlTalk

damn hillary!

fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
she gave a great speech! oh my goodness! i wish she had some of that fire during the primaries, heck, i might've voted for her.

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I did vote for her, and I still think she would have been a great candidate. Still...I'll vote now for Obama, because I can't vote for old-man-McCain-and-his-war-machine.
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    That was one helluva speech! She had me cracking up at her comment about how it's funny both McCain and Bush are in the Twin Cities, seeing as it's hard to tell the two apart. LOL!

And slight guano...... but I'm loving your avatar, Frau! Your hair looks beautiful!
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs211.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb133%2Fshyygirl_2007%2F" class="Popup
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturalurbanista.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F3yxneol" class="Popup

DC metro area
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    I did vote for her, and I still think she would have been a great candidate. Still...I'll vote now for Obama, because I can't vote for old-man-McCain-and-his-war-machine.

Same here. I'm glad she got it out of the way early, telling her supporters that she's totally supporting Obama. If she has any resentment towards Obama, she didn't show it tonight. Great speech!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    It was damn good. She really did exactly what she needed to do.
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    thank you eccentric kurlz!

you know what guys? i heard that if obama becomes potus he will nominate her to the supreme court. i'd love that!
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    what a great speech! impressive.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    Slight guano, but how about the governor of Montana ? He was hilarious. "McCain, he wants to drill oil everywhere, even in his backyard...even in the backyards that he doesn't know he owns." :lol:

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I'm trying to figure out how this BIG speech by Hillary is good for Obama. Did they really need to do a video retrospective of her life? This is turning into the Clinton's convention, no Obama's. Much as I love Hillary, I really hope this doesn't turn out badly.
  • EliciaElicia Posts: 881Registered Users
    damn missed it !! can't wait until someone posts on youtube
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    Loved it!
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    Feel free to throw it up in my face all of the times that I posted that I'd never vote for her. Feel free to say "I told you so". Feel free to call me a flip-flopper. But I'd feel a lot better about a Democratic win in November if she were at the top. A Clinton-Obama ticket wouldn't even have to campaign much.

Oww that hurt to say. She did a great job last night. I think she's too much of an activist to be on the Supreme Court; I see her as Senate Majority Leader.
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    I thought Hillary's speech was great. However, I LOVED Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer's speech. I have never heard him speak before and wow, does he have a talent! It wasn't just inspirational, but totally entertaining.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    It's not secret which way I lean politically, but Hillary's speech was magnificient. Not magnificent in that I agree with her, but rather in its capacity to inspire and energize the crowd.

I also happen to think it was an "unofficial" kick-off for her 2012 campaign.

What bothered me were the shots of Bill in audience. Everytime I see him (especially at events like this) I feel a deep sense of disappointment. Disappointed in having worked locally in his first campaign and then being so let down.

Anyway, she gave a great performance and also looked great doing it.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Posts: 679Registered Users
    It was an inspiring speech, but I'm not sure she said enough to support Obama. I felt she could have been more specific in saying why Obama is the most qualified candidate...especially given her attacks during the primary on specifically why she didn't think he was the most qualified candidate at that time. She did a very good job of reminding Democratic voters that they should be in it for the good of the party, and the country, and not just for her. And I also think she was great at taking jabs at McCain and stating why he should not be in office.

I don't know, I just think her speech lacked sincerity. I don't feel it will be enough to convince her die-hard supporters/PUMA folks to vote for Obama come November.
    4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

:love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    I'm trying to figure out how this BIG speech by Hillary is good for Obama. Did they really need to do a video retrospective of her life? This is turning into the Clinton's convention, no Obama's. Much as I love Hillary, I really hope this doesn't turn out badly.

Yeah, I turned to my husband during that part and asked him who was the nominee again?
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    Hillary was great. she was almost TOO good! lol. She knocked it out of the park last night.

And can I just say, thank God for C-Span and their complete coverage of the convention! that darn CNN and their-in-love-with-their-own-opinion anchors spend most of their coverage of the convention talking over the speeches that they deem unimportant while poking at a blue and red map. arghh! shut up and actually SHOW the convention!
    [FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

FreeCurls wrote: »
    Hillary was great. she was almost TOO good! lol. She knocked it out of the park last night.

And can I just say, thank God for C-Span and their complete coverage of the convention! that darn CNN and their in love with their own opinion anchors spend most of their coverage of the convention talking over that speeches that they deem unimportant while poking at a blue and red map. arghh! shut up and actually SHOW the convention!

Yeah, CNN's coverage has sucked massively of late. I've been watching the convention on PBS. Less talk, more substance.

:love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!
    i just wanted to add that the reason i didn't vote for hillary was not due to her lack luster speeches. i really truly felt she was not against the war in iraq enough. i felt obama was more likely to hold israel accountable for their actions without the united states' unconditional support. i liked the idea of our country having talks with supposed terrorist countries. let's not forget that egypt and israel used to be enemies until they opened up, talked and made peace.
    i also liked that obama wanted to have friendly relations with cuba. he is different. he is more open.
    h. clinton made the mistake of taking the black vote for granted and using obama's race against him in order to win white votes.
    with that said, she gave a great speech, but i don't vote for people based on speeches...not even obama.

(who has proved to be quite a disappointment by flip-flopping on his stance on israel.)
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    i thought the video of her and all the talk of her in the beginning was too much. it was supposed to be about obama and the party. she finished strong but i felt she used it as her last opportunity to say why she should be pres. she did finish strong. i hope it all turns out well.

other observations. i think hilary looks good....running for and being pres makes you look old. she looked fresh and rested. i also think chelsea looked good....

frau i LOVE your avatar. your hair is getting long!! care to post your regimine, or maybe just pm me :wink:
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    It was an inspiring speech, but I'm not sure she said enough to support Obama. I felt she could have been more specific in saying why Obama is the most qualified candidate...especially given her attacks during the primary on specifically why she didn't think he was the most qualified candidate at that time. She did a very good job of reminding Democratic voters that they should be in it for the good of the party, and the country, and not just for her. And I also think she was great at taking jabs at McCain and stating why he should not be in office.

I don't know, I just think her speech lacked sincerity. I don't feel it will be enough to convince her die-hard supporters/PUMA folks to vote for Obama come November.

I hear what you were saying but do you think she'd have been believable if she did this. Everyone knows they are not "friends" and don't have love for each other. We need to get over that. She did what she needed to do last nite.

On another note -Hillary looked good. I do wish she'd wear something other than pant suits. Not relevant, I know. AND Chelsea has turned into a lovely girl. I loved her hair (yes, I loved it straight -I'm ducking from the flying pots and pans now)...
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs29.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc252%2Fwavezncurlz%2Fhair%2F" class="Popup
    password: curlzorwavez

I hear what you were saying but do you think she'd have been believable if she did this. Everyone knows they are not "friends" and don't have love for each other. We need to get over that. She did what she needed to do last nite.

On another note -Hillary looked good. I do wish she'd wear something other than pant suits. Not relevant, I know. AND Chelsea has turned into a lovely girl. I loved her hair (yes, I loved it straight -I'm ducking from the flying pots and pans now)...

No, I agree with you - that wouldn't have been very believable. Especially since she will likely run again in 4 years. Maybe my expectations were too high, LOL. But my concern is that the folks who were going to vote for McCain because they were upset that Hillary lost weren't given a good reason to vote for Obama last night. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I also agree that Hillary looked radiant & refreshed last night. I think the break has done wonderful things for her. Both she and Obama were looking worn out at the end of the primary.

• wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    I think Bill really answered the WHY OBAMA question last night. At least in my mind he did.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs29.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc252%2Fwavezncurlz%2Fhair%2F" class="Popup
    password: curlzorwavez
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    speaking of great speeches....wasn't John Kerry great last night too!
    [FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

• YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    I need to find his on Youtube. I finally gave in and had to go make that dang PB and banana sammich they've been talking about in the other thread. :pig:

I watched Clinton's and Joe Biden's. I need to read up on him. He seems like a very nice man, but honestly I've never paid attention to him. Clinton rocked, like always. I noticed he worded his endorsement carefully though. He said Barack Obama is the right MAN for this job. Not the right person or candidate but man. He's no dummy. :occasion8:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    frau i LOVE your avatar. your hair is getting long!! care to post your regimine, or maybe just pm me :wink:
    lol! you mean you need to send me your regimen! your locs were so long and today your hair looks fantastic! much better than mine ever looked at that length.

sadly, my hair is always at the trial and error stage.
    as soon as i finally "get it" i move on to the next phase.
    when my hair was short i would wash it everyday. it didn't matter what product i used it grew quickly and healthy. i didn't even moisturize my hair so it was always kind of dry and parched looking, lol.

now that it's longer i only wash once a week.
    i use suave clarifying or dr. bonners shampoo.
    i use pantene relaxed and natural conditioner and sometimes the pantene conditioning mask that comes in the jar.
    when i can afford it (and when my daughter doesn't take them with her to college) i'll keep the following on hand:
    OYIN
    whipped butter
    [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Honey-Hemp-Conditioner-p-860.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-honey-hemp-conditioner]honey hemp conditioner[/buylink]
    grand poo bar shampoo
    whipped shea butter
    brown sugar pomade
    link

QHEMET
    olive cream conditioning detangler
    alma and olive heavy cream
    link

i don't have any of these products now and have been product free for the last 3 months (no $$$ :sad8:)

i trim my hair once or twice a year.

feel free to give me your regimen!
    (this is my thread and i can guano it if i want to!)
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    teh clintons r trash becuz they are ugly and stoopid. and u ppl r ugly and stoopid for talking about them.

;)

I am a political junkie - both by hobby and by soon-to-be profession - so I watched almost all of the convention last night. I watched the role call early in the night and was so moved when Hillary Clinton spoke for the New York delegation and closed the voting. Just watching the crowd erupt and seeing so many people crying was such a big deal for me. I'm a very strong Democrat and it made me really proud of my party.

I was also really impressed with Bill Clinton's speech - he definitely covered the "he's ready for the job" aspect that Hillary Clinton left out.

Joe Biden made me cry - I don't know a whole lot about him, but what I do know makes me like him a lot. I loved seeing his family on the stage at the end - they remind me of my big, Irish-Catholic family - and then having Barack come out as a surprise was very cool (I wish MSNBC hadn't spoiled the surprise, though).

John Kerry was also really impressive. Where was that fire and strength when he was running for president? I loved how he turned the "flip-flop" thing back on McCain.

A theme that has run through each of these speeches is that Barack Obama will lead the way to a better future. There has been a lot of talk about family/generations and giving our children and grandchildren a better future. There's also been a lot of talk about moving toward the future rather than staying in the past. I think it's really brilliant in its simplicity. How can you argue with, "We need to build a better future?"

After watching all those speeches, I am even more excited for the main event tonight. This is my Super Bowl!
    I watched the role call early in the night and was so moved when Hillary Clinton spoke for the New York delegation and closed the voting.

what?? i missed that but my mother told me about it and you know what? i would've wanted to beat hillary down!

yes, it shows unity and shortened the darn program so that we weren't watching biden speak at 2 am in the morning BUT! what about the delegates from the different states all wanting to get their turn to speak on camera! she ruined it for the states after new york! poor things. it's like you wait 4 years just to have your 15 seconds of fame and she took it all away just like that.

if i was from north dakota or vermont, i'd be mad at mrs. clinton right now.
    (lol)
  • EllaElla Posts: 392Registered Users
    Scarlet wrote: »
    It's not secret which way I lean politically, but Hillary's speech was magnificient. Not magnificent in that I agree with her, but rather in its capacity to inspire and energize the crowd.

I also happen to think it was an "unofficial" kick-off for her 2012 campaign.

ITA, I'm not a fan of Hillary and would probably never vote for her, but over the last several months I've started to admire her a bit, I even found myself rooting for her a little (dear lord did I just write that?:shock:)
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. – P.J. O'Rourke

There is no distinctly native American criminal class save Congress. – Mark Twain
  • MarMar Posts: 3,003Registered Users
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    frau wrote: »
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    lol! you mean you need to send me your regimen! your locs were so long and today your hair looks fantastic! much better than mine ever looked at that length.

sadly, my hair is always at the trial and error stage.
    as soon as i finally "get it" i move on to the next phase.
    when my hair was short i would wash it everyday. it didn't matter what product i used it grew quickly and healthy. i didn't even moisturize my hair so it was always kind of dry and parched looking, lol.

now that it's longer i only wash once a week.
    i use suave clarifying or dr. bonners shampoo.
    i use pantene relaxed and natural conditioner and sometimes the pantene conditioning mask that comes in the jar.
    when i can afford it (and when my daughter doesn't take them with her to college) i'll keep the following on hand:
    OYIN
    whipped butter
    [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Honey-Hemp-Conditioner-p-860.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-honey-hemp-conditioner]honey hemp conditioner[/buylink]
    grand poo bar shampoo
    whipped shea butter
    brown sugar pomade
    link

QHEMET
    olive cream conditioning detangler
    alma and olive heavy cream
    link

i don't have any of these products now and have been product free for the last 3 months (no $$$ :sad8:)

i trim my hair once or twice a year.

feel free to give me your regimen!
    (this is my thread and i can guano it if i want to!)

hey girl,

i hadn't been back in this thread....thanks for sharing your regimine!

mine is super simple. i deep condition once a week. every day i wet my hair in the shower (not saturate) and smoosh in some type of leave in, afro detangler or karen's body beautiful or giovanni direct. that's it. my hair hasn't been getting a lot of attention. i trim according to the lunar charts probably 3 times a year. i like to massage my scalp. i use castor oil/jojoba for a scalp massage.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural