Coconut milk

cclark1cclark1 Posts: 346Registered Users
How are you ladies using it? DT, styling???
Dare to be......remarkable!!!

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    DT base. It freezes well, so you can open a can and freeze appropriate sized portions.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orangeorange Posts: 176Registered Users
    That's good to know it freezes. I used it as dt also, but got some build-up so will use it about once a month. Do most people shampoo after using it?

orange wrote: »
    That's good to know it freezes. I used it as dt also, but got some build-up so will use it about once a month. Do most people shampoo after using it?

I just do a cowash and AVC rinse. I never shampoo, if I can help it.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    kathymack wrote: »

OK, good to know, thanks. It left a lot of coconut oil build-up in my hair, but also left it very soft. I guess I'll continue using it about once a month then.

• scarriecarriescarriecarrie Posts: 382Registered Users
    kathymack wrote: »
    orange wrote: »

What do you use to cowash? I use natural shampoos with lots of oils, such as KBB shampoo, MHC scalp cleanser, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Come-Clean-Moisturizing-Shampoo-p-844.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Kinky-Curly-Come-Clean-Moisturizing-Shampoo]KC Come Clean[/buylink] & LLL Green Tea Cleanse. When I tried cowashing, I got really nasty scalp buildup.
    Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
    Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
    MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditionerloveshower.gif
    What do you use to cowash? I use natural shampoos with lots of oils, such as KBB shampoo, MHC scalp cleanser, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Come-Clean-Moisturizing-Shampoo-p-844.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Kinky-Curly-Come-Clean-Moisturizing-Shampoo]KC Come Clean[/buylink] & LLL Green Tea Cleanse. When I tried cowashing, I got really nasty scalp buildup.

I haven't found any conditioners to be moisturizing enough, except for the AO--and they are too rich for this time of the year and for everyday use. So I use them all to cowash. (Which is why I love the KBB hair milk--thanks for turning me on to it.) I've used the VO 5 and Suave Naturals, the Oyin HH, Nature's Gate, Activate, Elucense, it really doesn't matter. I originally cowashed a lot, almost every day. Now it's about once a week. I do scrub my scalp most days when I wet my hair. The water pressure in my shower is very strong--don't know if this makes a difference.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I used coconut milk as a dt yesterday. Even after shampooing, the solid oil buildup made my hair dull and frizzy. I had to wash it out w/ cv choc almond until my hair was squeaky. mhc [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/MYHoneyChild-HoneyHair-Mask-p-349.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=myhoneychild-honey-hair-mask]honey hair mask[/buylink] brought it back to normal - think i may stop using coconut milk as a dt, though.

is there anyone else who can't use straight oils on their hair? shea, apricot, coconut - any straight oil gives me frizz. :confused:

• browneyedmamabrowneyedmama Posts: 56Registered Users
    I use it as a dt. I shampoo it out with my cv bars and usually I don't have to any conditioner but sometimes I'll use a little nourish spa. I love this as a dt.
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've used coconut milk as a setting lotion of sorts for a twist out. I found that it was a bit sticky/tacky on my hair. I didn't get any oily feeling out of my coconut milk. Maybe I didn't shake it up well enough. It seemed separated with the oily part on top of the water part.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • RyanneRyanne Posts: 686Registered Users
    I used it once for a dt, but the smell made me sick. I almost vomited everytime I moved because the smell came back, but I left it for a while.
    I was so glad when I washed it out, but it made my hair soft.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file