CurlTalk

L'Oreal Melting Gel

LizzyBennetLizzyBennet Posts: 60Registered Users
Hi all,

I haven't been around in AGES, but wanted to stop by with my FAVORITE new product. I'm so in love. It's L'Oreal Light Headed Melting Gel. This gel has a watery consistency, not goopy at all, dries with no crunch, leaves my hair super shiny all day and frizz free. I love the lack of goop because it gives my wavy/curly hair the freedom to curl without locking it in too early the way gels have a tendency to do in my hair.

I'd love to hear from others who've tried it. This is the first hair product in a long time to make me happy and I had to de-lurk to share. :)
Dark Brown Boticellis.
Current Routine: L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutrigloss conditioner, Light Headed Melting Gel. Weekly shampoo with Dramatics Color Care shampoo.

Comments

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    I haven't tried it but I might have to go back to CVS and pick this one up, too. :wink:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Bah, now I want to try it too >.<

Would you say it's a light hold, or something a little more substantial? Obviously it's not a firm hold, or it'd probably make your hair crunchy...

I'm having a hard time finding a gel/cream/mousse/whatever that has enough hold to keep my hair from de-clumping or frizzing, but is light enough that it doesn't pull my curls down. This could be it :)
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    ARG! MUST you people keep doing this to me?? It has PEG Dimeth, which I usually avoid - but will use if it gets a unanimous rave.

So, why dont you all run along and get some and let me know how it goes/:toothy7:

Of course, I then run the risk of getting bought out, like I did with the FOTE....:angry7:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
    lol, tell you what... I'll try and get some tonight and use it in tomorrow's hair, so you can know quickly :P

Cuz the more I keep thinking about it, the more I want to try it.

BLAST! I've become a PJ since joining this site!!!! grr.:angry7:
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    MimsTX wrote: »
    lol, tell you what... I'll try and get some tonight and use it in tomorrow's hair, so you can know quickly :P

Cuz the more I keep thinking about it, the more I want to try it.

BLAST! I've become a PJ since joining this site!!!! grr.:angry7:
    I'll try and get some tonight and use it in tomorrow's hair, so you can know quickly :P

Well done, young protege....<buah. buah. BUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!>
    My Photobucket Album
    Evil.

just evil.
    Evil.

just evil.
    :evil1:

Repeat after Rudeechick:

I want the Melting Gel.
    Must have the Melting Gel.
    Must. Get. Melting. Gel.

:angry4:
    My Photobucket Album
    lmao, I SO don't need someone encouraging this :P

It'll probably be a good comparison though. From your sig, we seem to have similar goals and hair types. Mine's just a bit more curly on top I think

>.<

ok yeah, I hate you. I'm so going to pick some up on the way home from work.
    lmao, I SO don't need someone encouraging this :P

It'll probably be a good comparison though. From your sig, we seem to have similar goals and hair types. Mine's just a bit more curly on top I think

>.<

ok yeah, I hate you. I'm so going to pick some up on the way home from work.
    Ummm.... PEOPLE, HAVE YOU SEEN THIS CHICKS HAIR??

Just looked at yer Fotki (or Fartkey, as my kids call it). Yer hair is amazing!! Tis YOU who should be calling the shots here!!!

Actually, our hair is VERY similar - mine has just been murdered by 5 years of straightening.... I am making my way back tho!

Please, tell me what you use and how!
    My Photobucket Album
    lol, aawwww... thanks! It has a way to go I think, but so far CG's definitely agreed with my hair <3

Right now I'm scrunching about 3 palmfuls of KY into it, soaking wet (one in the front/underneath, and one for each side). Blotting with a towel to keep it from dripping and then plopping for maybe 5-10 minutes just to keep it out of my way.

I JUST got some LOOB, and that's in my hair right now but the curls aren't as well formed as they were before... in my pics, it was mostly either Aussie Tizz No Frizz scrunched in (sometimes with a bit more KY) or HE Totally Twisted. I WAS using FOTE (scrunched into soaking hair before the KY) but it was causing my hair to swell during the day and frizz out. I'm a lot happier without it ATM, my hair feels a lot lighter.

I used to have solid 3A/3B curls EVERYWHERE... and the combination of switching back and forth from straightening my hair for the past 7 years or so, dying it, and a crappy haircut has the underneath almost completely straight at the roots :( I keep hoping I'll hydrate it enough and find the right products to bring the curls back.

Luckily, I've never been one to wash my hair all that often, so this CG thing isn't too much of a shock. If anything, I'm washing MORE often this way...
    baaaaaaaaaah, I think I might have used too much >.<

I had to look at a couple of places before I found this in the stores too. Walgreens and Target both had OTHER versions of the L'oreal gel, but not this one. Walmart ended up being the only place I saw that carried it (I've been there 3 times in the past 3 days buying hair stuff. I have to stop... lol)

Anyways, my hair was really crunchy-feeling as it was wet/drying. I couldn't wait until it was COMPLETELY dry to scrunch out all the crunch though :P This gel is SUPER light-weight... my hair feels really light and airy. It gave really good definition as well (better than the LOOB with Aussie Tizz No Frizz did for me yesterday). My curls are a little loser than usual... but i think that might be because I used just a little bit too much 'crap' on my hair this morning. It's good to know that even if you overdo it though, that your hair still comes out soft and light with this gel (versus gooked and gross with others).

Hopefully it holds up through the day!
  • LizzyBennetLizzyBennet Posts: 60Registered Users
    Bah, now I want to try it too >.<

Would you say it's a light hold, or something a little more substantial? Obviously it's not a firm hold, or it'd probably make your hair crunchy...

I'm having a hard time finding a gel/cream/mousse/whatever that has enough hold to keep my hair from de-clumping or frizzing, but is light enough that it doesn't pull my curls down. This could be it :)

It has a good hold, IMO. My hair tends not to hold the curl without something with a relatively strong hold and it lasts all day for me. :)
    Dark Brown Boticellis.
    Current Routine: L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutrigloss conditioner, Light Headed Melting Gel. Weekly shampoo with Dramatics Color Care shampoo.
    HOw much do you usually put in your hair? (and with what other products, if anything?)

I can't decide if I used too much this morning, resulting in my curls being dragged down a bit (despite the fact that my hair felt like it had nothing in it) or if I just didn't use enough (I'm thinking it's probably this one...)

I REALLY like the texture it gives to my hair though. Or, rather, the lack of texture. Soft, flowy, VERY touchable curls... which is exactly what I'm looking for. I just have to figure out a way to get my curls to perk up a bit :)
    HOw much do you usually put in your hair? (and with what other products, if anything?)

I can't decide if I used too much this morning, resulting in my curls being dragged down a bit (despite the fact that my hair felt like it had nothing in it) or if I just didn't use enough (I'm thinking it's probably this one...)

I REALLY like the texture it gives to my hair though. Or, rather, the lack of texture. Soft, flowy, VERY touchable curls... which is exactly what I'm looking for. I just have to figure out a way to get my curls to perk up a bit :)

I use a palmful, but 1- my palms are quite small :P and 2- my hair is short at the moment (chin length bob).

I'm not using any other styling products at the moment. I don't need one. w00t!
    Dark Brown Boticellis.
  • latetocurlslatetocurls Posts: 127Registered Users
    I used this today with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink], a teeny tiny abount of AVG and LOOB. I've gotten great curls! I comb out my clumps when my hair is dry because I prefer it fluffy and after combing, I went for a walk. There was a stiff breeze and I got a little sweaty. When I got back home, I saw that my hair was trying to re-clump! I can't wait to see if I'll get second-day hair!
  • latetocurlslatetocurls Posts: 127Registered Users
    Yay!! Second-day hair! I just spritzed it with water, scrunched a bit, diffused and smoothed two drops of grapeseed oil on the drier spots. Third-day hair may be a possibility. I am loving this gel!! I have fine hair and it doesn't weigh it down at all.
    No, this gel most DEFINITELY doesn't weigh your hair down... it feels like I have nothing whatsoever in my hair, actually!

I think it's best for 2s with fine hair (and possibly some 3s with fine hair), but if your curls/waves require some hold in order to last through the day, you'll probably need a little bit of something else over it. BRHG has been working fine for me. I get the soft definition from the melting gel and the BRHG keeps it from frizzing or falling flat by the end of the day :)
  • krispykrispy Posts: 320Registered Users
    I've added this gel to my rotation! I'm a 2c/3a and I have been using BRHG for a while now, but wanted another gel just to mix things up a bit. I don't want my hair to get bored :toothy7: .So I bought the Loreal melting gel and I really like it. My curls have lasted about 11 hours with the gel and then I may have to add a tiny bit more if I'm going out. But that's a pretty good record for me!! Plus it smells really nice too!
    2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
    SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel
  • lebanesecurlylebanesecurly Posts: 161Registered Users
    Best feeling on earth: Reading about a product on NC, dying to try it, and then finding it serendipitously underneath your sink. =D
    Trying this RIGHT now with my LOOB.
    claiming a 2c/3aMiii
    growing my hair out to BSL
    & mod-CG as of 9/1/08 :blob5:
    Low-poo: VitaminShampoo pomegranate+blackberry
    'Poo to clarify: BTZ Noodlehead
    Condish: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Stylers: LOOB! GVP Detangler, HESMU
    Put away for winter: PMRT, TW, LVPNG

On the rare occasion that I straighten: leave-in V05 vanilla mint, 3-in-1, and Tizz no Frizz
    Pineapples, clips, diffusers, and paper towels are my hair's best friends.
    .I'm a PJ.

that's so cool... never happens to me lol

Let us know how it works :)
    It's still wet right now, but I have a very good feeling about this. All my other gels over LOOB stuck to it and pulled hairs out of my clumps....big frizz! But the texture of this stuff is great, it just slips right over it! I'mm update when it's dry!
    claiming a 2c/3aMiii

On the rare occasion that I straighten: leave-in V05 vanilla mint, 3-in-1, and Tizz no Frizz
    .I'm a PJ.

Take pictures! :D
    Why is it only when you're going to have a good hair day that your camera is broken? ....and you have nowhere to go but to bed?!
    claiming a 2c/3aMiii

.I'm a PJ.

aaaaaaaaaaamen. And it NEVER looks as good the next day... *sigh*
    Yay!! Second-day hair! I just spritzed it with water, scrunched a bit, diffused and smoothed two drops of grapeseed oil on the drier spots. Third-day hair may be a possibility. I am loving this gel!! I have fine hair and it doesn't weigh it down at all.

I've never ever gotten second day hair, even with the best products. Even when I was younger and it was significantly curlier. Oh well. I've been using this stuff for almost a month and am STILL in love. :)
    Dark Brown Boticellis.
    Ok it's about 75% dry right now and I can tell...this is a hit. I've got spirals everywhere! And I can only feel just an eensy bit of crunch. Don't tell my mom, but she's never getting this back..:mrgreen:

P.S. MimsTX, I just looked at your Fotki and I have to say......................I hate you.
    Don't take it personally. Your hair just does everything I've ever wanted my hair to do...And more! Not FAIR!
    claiming a 2c/3aMiii

.I'm a PJ.

lol, I thank you sincerely for the compliments but BELIEVE ME when I say this...

You would NOT have said that if you'd seen it earlier today! I got so frustrated during the course of the work day that I tossed it up with a pencil and seriously contemplated hacking it off with my scissors :P Did a protein treatment tonight though and I think that's all it needed but OY... I was down to poofy, clumpy 2B/2C waves and I wasn't a very happy camper lol
    Haha your bad hair day probably looks similar to what I consider a good hair day =P But I just bought my first bottle of sulphate free poo yesterday so you never know...maybe I can finally get some giant spirals like in the avator you've got there!
    claiming a 2c/3aMiii

.I'm a PJ.

P.S. Just so everyone knows, this, LOOB, and all the other L'Oreal Studio line products are on sale for $2.99 at CVS this week!
    claiming a 2c/3aMiii

.I'm a PJ.

oooooooooh, i'm going to have to stock up. Thanks for the tip!

And I hope the modified CG routine works for ya! Have you tried going completely conditioner free?