Day 13 into CG regime

bibblesbibbles Posts: 54Registered Users
And my hair is horrid. Flat lifeless and flyaway.
Over the past 2 weeks I have been co washing with Suave coconut conditioner and depending on what my hair feels like, I put in some more conditioner, glycerin or shock waves gel diluted 50/50 with water.
I tend to think less is best with my fine hair but nothing is working at the moment.

I have registered with fotki and created an album but I don't know how to download it here for viewing. I am not savvy with computer so any instructions would be gratefully accepted.
Thank you from one very frustrated UK curly girl

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Sorry you're having so many problems with CG. :(

For fotki, all you have to do is post the link in your signature file if you want us to be able to see it. During editing there's button that if you hover over says insert link, you paste the URL in the box the comes up when you click the button.

If your hair is flyaway, you may need to use the gel full strength. Flat and lifeless could be too much conditioner. My hair isn't fine but I can easily overcondition and get limp and lifeless hair. If lighter is better for you hair, you may want to try one of the lighter Sauve conditioners. As I understand it, Coconut is the heaviest and Waterlily and Aloe is the lightest.

It can take a few weeks for your hair to adjust to CG. Took mine about 6.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • bibblesbibbles Posts: 54Registered Users
    Thanks, I just need to find the right balance.
    I have tried what you suggested with the photos, hope it works.

Sorry you're having so many problems with CG. :(

For fotki, all you have to do is post the link in your signature file if you want us to be able to see it. During editing there's button that if you hover over says insert link, you paste the URL in the box the comes up when you click the button.

If your hair is flyaway, you may need to use the gel full strength. Flat and lifeless could be too much conditioner. My hair isn't fine but I can easily overcondition and get limp and lifeless hair. If lighter is better for you hair, you may want to try one of the lighter Sauve conditioners. As I understand it, Coconut is the heaviest and Waterlily and Aloe is the lightest.

It can take a few weeks for your hair to adjust to CG. Took mine about 6.
    Do any of you just rinse your hair with water, no co. I mean, if I am overconditioning, do I go without for a couple of days or use less of it and more gel as suggested.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I have only water washed by times. But it could be the conditioner is too heavy or you're not rinsing enough of it out. There's a lot of experimentation involved finding what works best for you.

And it could be that after a few weeks you'll find you have to shampoo occasionally.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If you're feeling a little 'overdone', maybe try an ACV rinse? It always makes my hair feel squeaky clean when it starts to feel a little heavy.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm going out on a limb here, since I've only done this once, but it worked great for me when my hair went wonky. I think Lorraine Massey calls it lemon aid, but the upshot of it is that you mix fresh lemon juice with the amount of conditioner you normally use, and co-wash your hair with it.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
    Thanks, I have rinsed well with water today and given myself an ACV rinse and applied shockwaves gel, its not dry yet but it does't feel limp, I will let you know how it goes, I am trying my best not to resort to poo, its like an addiction.lol
    I will try the lemon and conditioner next wash.
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Check the ingredients of the gel you are using. If anything ends in 'cone, 'xane, or 'conol, it is a silicone and needs a sulfate shampoo to remove.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file