hi gals,today was my first co wash day with sauve naturals lavender .

guddiguddi Posts: 45Registered Users
my hair was falling out in clumps while rinsing,eventhough i had hair fall after i did thermal reconditioning last year ,it was under control,can anyone help with some advice?it was still frizzy too though i did use a regular conditioner after [jessicurl too shea].,i'm so :(:(disappointed.thanks so much

Comments

• LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Posts: 2,812Registered Users
    Hi there, I doubt your hair is truly falling out. Remember, every normal HEALTHY human loses about 100 strands of hair per day. For straighties, their hair just falls out throughout the day and they don't really notice. For us curlies, those hairs get stuck in our hair and need to be removed, either with finger combing, conditioning, or regular combing.

Are you using any stylers to help combat frizz? Most CG girls use a combo of gels and smoothers to help control their hair. It seems to be only a lucky few who can get away with conditioner alone.
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

• guddiguddi Posts: 45Registered Users
    but today it was just falling out.dont know why.its so frizzy also though i ve used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]jessicurl too shea[/buylink] as leave in.no curl pattern is visible coz of frizziness.
  • CurlyKatieCurlyKatie Posts: 82Registered Users
    I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. Your story sounds exactly like mine... my first co wash, I lost what seemed like a TON of hair. I freaked right out, and got on here, convinced that I would have no hair at all left. I am now almost 2 months in, and have very very little hair loss, in fact, much less than I have ever experienced in my life.

The second factor may in fact be the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Jessicurl Too Shea[/buylink] you used, my hair hated it! I was really disappointed when I first tried Jessicurl because my hair was just frizzed all over the place. I had ordered a Jessicurl sample pack, and after much experimenting, I found that my hair just reacts very poorly to both the shampoo and conditioner they offer. I had decent success with their [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink], and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Rockin-Ringlets-Styling-Potion-p-100.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-rockin-ringlets]Rockin Ringlets[/buylink], but the smell is a bit strong for me to take.

What I have found works best for me is a Co-wash of Suave Coconut Shampoo, followed by a Conditioner of the same thing. To add extra moisture (since this is not the thickest of conditioners) I use Nexxus Headress Weightless Leave in Conditioner, and then usually finish it all off with Herbal Essence's Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel. (The gel does have one cone, but it is a totally water soluble one, and I've had great success!)

Hope this helps a bit. :wink:
    2c/3a Fine and Thin
    CG Since 07/01/08
    My hair loves: KCCC!
    :love7: Nexxus Headress Weightless Leave In, HE TT, Loreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss for Long Wavy/Curly hair.
    My Hair Hates: MagSulf, Jessicurl, LOOB.
  • CurlyCurlyGirlCurlyCurlyGirl Posts: 11Registered Users
    I agree with the others. I'm just over a week going CG and my first co wash I had what I thought was a ALOT of hair loss, and it continued for several days. But both yesterday and today I noticed the hair loss is significantly less, or more what I would consider normal.

Also I try to keep in mind that of the hair loss I do experience, the hairs are all scrunched up at the bottom of the drain so it probably looks worse than it truly is. And it would probably look even worse yet if my hair were long.
  • mpgirlmpgirl Posts: 1,163Registered Users
    guddi wrote: »
    my hair was falling out in clumps while rinsing,eventhough i had hair fall after i did thermal reconditioning last year ,it was under control,can anyone help with some advice?it was still frizzy too though i did use a regular conditioner after [jessicurl too shea].,i'm so :(:(disappointed.thanks so much
    Did you use any products after conditioning? Most of us need to use some kind of mousse or gel to control frizz and hold the curl pattern. And, if you are just starting a CG method, you hair may take a few weeks to settle into its natural state. You don't mention your curl type; which would be helpful for product recommendations.

Don't worry too much about the hair loss. When I co-wash (about once every -10 days) It looks like a family of spiders have taken up residence on my shower drain! Gross! :angry7: Actually, I think it is healthy to see the hair come out. Otherwise, it would just be hangin' around on my head...strange.

:toothy7:Good luck and don't give up!
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

• MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    mpgirl wrote: »
    Did you use any products after conditioning? Most of us need to use some kind of mousse or gel to control frizz and hold the curl pattern. And, if you are just starting a CG method, you hair may take a few weeks to settle into its natural state. You don't mention your curl type; which would be helpful for product recommendations.

Don't worry too much about the hair loss. When I co-wash (about once every -10 days) It looks like a family of spiders have taken up residence on my shower drain! Gross! :angry7: Actually, I think it is healthy to see the hair come out. Otherwise, it would just be hangin' around on my head...strange.

:toothy7:Good luck and don't give up!

Can I just say... wow. 10 days?! Very impressive! lol
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
    i too feel jessicurl too drying &frizzing for my hair!
    curlycurlygirl, i hope it gets better! thanks 4 support.

mpgirl,my hair is 3a-b i guess.i'll be posting pic soon,
    i used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]too shea[/buylink] again as leave in along with some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Confident-Coils-Styling-Solution-p-116.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-confident-coils-styling-solution]confident coils[/buylink].
    more than hair fall it was the frizz that bothered me.
    my hair is so frizzy & quite stubborn,meanwhile ur hair looks very pretty .thanks a lot all of u .
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    You may have a sensitivity to magnesium sulfate if you are using the Jessicurl stylers. They all have that ingredient, which can lead to dry and frizzy hair. I'd try switching to something without it. Good luck!
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • FeralcurlsFeralcurls Posts: 408Registered Users
    Did you wash with a sulfate shampoo first too? You need to do that to get any silicones out of your hair before you start your co-washing. You also need to give your hair time to recover. Do some deep treatments.

Also don't scrub your scalp so hard! I think people might rub harder because you don't get a lather. Sort of roll the scalp with your fingers rather than scrub. I found that helped with hair loss.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file