How's this for simple???? HG ALERT!

rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
Oh, I'm in love. :love7:

Today I decided to use my CV honey butter soap bar on my hair again. I was planning to do an ACV rinse since it'd been a few days and use a little AOHR too. So I lathered twice, felt like it was still not clean enough (I had a lot of shea butter on it) and lathered a third time.

OMG HEAVEN!!!!! I felt my hair after the third lather and it wasn't funky so I decided to not do the ACV or AOHR. I didn't even put any shea butter in it either. All day my hair was still wavy and soft and had shine and looked rich. WITH NOTHING IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even my ends don't feel split and dry! :wav:It's an absolute miracle for me, as simple as only one product, the same thing I use on my body. It looked and felt better than when I used to use smoothers and cones!

Now granted, I have to live with less wave this way. My wave pattern is pretty light and needs lots of stuff to enhance it, but I think I can live with a bit less wave for touchable, natural, chemical and synthetic free hair. With only one product. :occasion9:
Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Low poo: looking
COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
RO: varies
Protein: CJCF or CJRM
DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
LI: varies, usually KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That's fantastic!!!
    I applaud the master of success in simplicity! ;)
    If I didn't use anything after washing and/or conditioning I'd be pure frizzed-out fluff!
  • va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    I just bought a ton of samples from CV, including this one. I can't wait to try it!
  • pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    Rymorg2.....

Good for you!!! You just keep cutting back and back on the products! Now down to one! Wow.

I couldn't get my hair to behave on your two step routine, so I don't think I can swing this one!!
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
  • ajaneajane Posts: 323Registered Users
    Yippee!!!! I ordered the honey butter flavor Sunday (along with a bunch of others)! I can't wait to try it!
  • vwlizardvwlizard Posts: 91Registered Users
    Same here.

I use the garden herb (which is out of stock now and I only have a few more days worth left - AGHH) and have been able to cut down from 4 products to one (pink Boots). Plus, my hair has never been so soft and thick. Most importantly, I can now have curl without crunch.

If you don't get good results with these soaps, keep trying different ones. My hair wasn't so great with carrot milk and honey and was absolutely horrible with chamomile citrus. If I had stopped there, I never would have found my HG>

Liz
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Success for yet another person. This line is magic! I tried the orange cremesickle this morning, OMG my hair felt wonderful.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Thanks everyone!

CGF, I have wavy hair and my wave pattern is rather finicky in that it likes to fall flat. I wish I had your curl....

vacandi, hope you like them! Let us know!

pigreyhound....I never thought I'd pare down my routine either! It's heaven.....:D

ajane, hope you like them too and keep us informed how it goes!

vwlizard, I love trying her soaps. I can use the carrot, milk and honey, but the carrot honey complexion bar works even better. The honey butter so far is my hg. I can use the cafe moreno as well as the orangesicle. The cucumber lime one is just ok. I'm getting the chocolate almond and the seasonal apple spice soaps to try next! But I just went on and bought whole bars. LOL if they don't work in my hair I can use them on my skin!

Suburbanbushbabe, I used the orange creamsicle this morning because my sample of the honey butter is just about gone (WAH) but I have a full size coming! My hair's pretty soft too! :D ITA, this line is magic!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orangeorange Posts: 176Registered Users
    You're so lucky that you can just use honey butter!! I have to use a lot more stuff, but my hair is softer now than it's ever been after using the cv hb this week. it's great stuff! :toothy7:

• MalaikaMalaika Posts: 35Registered Users
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    CV stands for Chagrin Valley, a company who makes shampoo and soap bars as well as other yummy natural stuff for your hair and body. :)

http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    rymorg2 - Wow, it sounds like you've finally found your groove!! :toothy7: Congratulations!

I'm loving the honey butter soap too. I have several varieties that I plan on keeping in permanent rotation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rymorg2: I am probably going to try your method of no products after the shampoo bar on friday. I used chamomile and citrus this morning with a vinegar and honey rinse and I turned out crunchy. But as I used CK also, I will post my question about it on the general hair threads.

I wash my hair every other day, so I will wait until friday-unless I get a wild and ambitous hair tomarrow morning. I like to push the snooze button more on the mornings I don't wash though.

I probably need to rotate to a different bar flavor too!
  • pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    I can't help myself....when there is a new routine, I need to see what happens with my curls....

So, I don't have the Honey Butter but I do have the Olive Oil and Babbasu shampoo bar, so I tried that. Washed three times and left it alone....

Not too bad!! Good volume and soft. As Curly Girl Fla noted, though, my curls were a puffy mess so I needed a bit of Shea butter to calm them down as it dried.

It could work for a weekend routine as long as I wasn't going out to impress. Certainly grocery store worthy!:blob7:
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
  • N.D. AubeN.D. Aube Posts: 87Registered Users
    That's it! I'm buying some CV bars!
    comic-p.jpg
    Type; 3c-4a
    Prods: TBA
    My hair HATES Vo5 & Suave with a passion, b/c of the dmdm hydantoin. Protein sensitive.
    Orange, glad you like it! :D

Misspam, I have a TON of bars in rotation but just about always go back to the honey butter. Waiting on a full size now.

ajane, wonder if maybe it was the CK and the honey that did it? Hmmm.......

pigreyhound, good for you! Even an easier weekend routine is good! :D

ND Aube, glad to be of service! I love their bars!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I think I have not been rinsing the shampoo bar out well enough. Could still be the CK, I think I will start fresh tomorrow. I spent an hour reading info on the CV website last night. I plan to do a baking soda rinse then shampoo bar. Then not put any honey, CK or gel in my hair, but I have to work tomorrow and do not want to look like Brumhilda!

And my Honey Butter flavor came in the mail today along with 4 other flavors! Now which flavor to use.........
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am LOOOOOOVING my Honey Butter bar!!!!!!!!!! :toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:

This is day 4 and my hair has never behaved so well. Today I used is without AOHR after and it's still wonderful. I use a nickle sized blop of LOOB, scrunched with my Curlease, and plopped in a flour sack towel for 10 minutes. Then added about five sprayes of Tightly Twisted into my palm, scrunched that in and diffused.

My hair takes TONS less time to dry with this routine, like half the time. I hope this really is my HG! Tomorrow I'm going to try this with no LOOB and see what happens.

Oh and I forgot to do my honey/acv/water rinse before the LOOB and it's still great!

Thank you all for turning me on to this! :blob7:
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
    ajane, that's possible.....I get some build up and crunchiness if I don't rinse well enough. mmmmm.....honey butter would be my vote LOL.....

eche....I'm glad you like it.....I love having pared down my products, though I still like having some onhand for when I HAVE to have a great hair day. So my product junkie still gets fed, between the soap and shampoo bar flavors and the other things I try here and there. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I washed twice with the summer sunshine then the third wash with honey butter. Felt great! Did a rinse with white vinegar instead of AVC. Oh, so soft. I did not put any other product in today.

Hair is drying and I am leaving for work, my hair is a little flat and frizzy. Good thing I put a headband in my pocket! I still have hope though, but I might have to use a little gel or something!

LOVE THE HONEY BUTTER THOUGH!
    I got my full sizes today!!! I now have six full sized bars. We just got (I say we because my whole family uses them) the chocolate almond, apples and spice seasonal soap, honey butter (YAY) and carrot milk and honey shampoo bar. We already have full sizes of the carrot and honey complexion bar, and the cafe moreno. I also tried the olive/shea sample finally that I have and love it too! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file