Questions about cut

pixeldustpixeldust Registered Users Posts: 7
Hello! I'm new here, so many apologies if this has been posted many times before or if it's in the wrong forum.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think my hair type is 4B and I'm waaaaay overdue for a trim. My mom cut my hair when I was younger but then I tried a salon for the first time. It was a VERY traumatic experience (as in I went in for a trim, the girl cut my hair as if it were straight and cut around 5 inches).

Does anyone have any tips for what type of cut I should ask for, or shape, long layers, bangs, no bangs, etc.? Pictures would be great too! I'd like to keep my hair as long as possible while keeping it healthy. I don't have many pictures of what it looks like now, but here's an older picture so you have an idea.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/t0ky0fr0/922602589_l.jpg

Thank you very much for any help you might be able to offer! =)

Comments

• Koukla72Koukla72 Registered Users Posts: 1,680
    pixeldust wrote: »
    Hello! I'm new here, so many apologies if this has been posted many times before or if it's in the wrong forum.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think my hair type is 4B and I'm waaaaay overdue for a trim. My mom cut my hair when I was younger but then I tried a salon for the first time. It was a VERY traumatic experience (as in I went in for a trim, the girl cut my hair as if it were straight and cut around 5 inches).

Does anyone have any tips for what type of cut I should ask for, or shape, long layers, bangs, no bangs, etc.? Pictures would be great too! I'd like to keep my hair as long as possible while keeping it healthy. I don't have many pictures of what it looks like now, but here's an older picture so you have an idea.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/t0ky0fr0/922602589_l.jpg

Thank you very much for any help you might be able to offer! =)

Gosh, your hair is gorgeous! I don't really know much about 4b hair, but I just had to tell you that. If you don't get any responses here, you might also crosspost in the general hair care or 4 forums. I think they get a bit more traffic than this forum does yet (this one is still a little on the new side). Good luck!
  • pixeldustpixeldust Registered Users Posts: 7
    Hello!
    Thanks for the reply, and for the compliment! =)
    I'll take your advice and try over in a different forum.

I'm SO glad I found this place, it's helped SO much already, and it hasn't been a week yet!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file