CurlTalk

co-washing 3c relaxed curls

greenepaula1greenepaula1 Posts: 29Registered Users
I have 3c curls and I usually receive a relaxer or softner every six months, which relaxes my curls to a 3b. I am new to this site and I have read a lot about co-washing and using no shampoo. I would like to try this but I am not sure if I should co-wash daily with a relaxer. I always wear my hair curly. Is this ok?

Comments

• Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users
    I have 3c curls and I usually receive a relaxer or softner every six months, which relaxes my curls to a 3b. I am new to this site and I have read a lot about co-washing and using no shampoo. I would like to try this but I am not sure if I should co-wash daily with a relaxer. I always wear my hair curly. Is this ok?

Since you wear your hair curly, I'm going to assume the relaxer is more like a texturizer in that it doesn't get your hair 100% straight. I think that there are LOTS of women that cowash and it might actually be good for the relaxed hair. I don't have a tex but maybe some of the ladies that do can come in and shead some light on this.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • greenepaula1greenepaula1 Posts: 29Registered Users
    You are correct. It is more like a texturizer. It just loosens the curl a little but does not make it straight.
  • danrobin0313danrobin0313 Posts: 186Registered Users
    Co-washing is a must. Curly hair is prone to dryness and washing, especially with sulfate poos, is not doing your hair any favors. With a relaxer/texturizer I would imagine that your hair is in an even more vunerable state and a good weekly DT and co-washing will keep it healthy.

Just MHO :wink:

event.png

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2FGivemecurls%2F" class="Popup

Falling in love more and more each day with my natural hair :love4:

Current rotation: Shescentit anything, Qhemet Burdock Root Buttercream, Castor Oil, Olive Oil, Hairveda Whipped Jelly, Aussie Moist and Aussie Gels

Stats: Grazing APL, Dense, Medium Strands, 3c-4a curls
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    im co signing with what the other ladies have said.
    but i wanted to add that you do not have to co wash your hair everyday. co washing once a week or once every few days while simply rewetting your hair and adding yor moisturizers/styling products may do the trick.
  • OnyxCabeloOnyxCabelo Posts: 1,767Registered Users
    When i had my texturizer I co-washed about every 3 to 4 days. My hair really did great. So much better than it was when I was using regular shampoo.
    Currently:Alaffia Shea & Coconut Enriching Shampoo, Alaffia Virgin Coconut & Shea Enriching Hair Lotion, Qhemet Amla Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Honeybush Tea Gel.

Last Texturizer: March 12, 2008
    BC: July 21, 2008
    Hair: Coarse, low porosity, iii.

Certified Denirophile:love5:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome". ~ Albert Einstein
  • Pink-bunnyPink-bunny Posts: 1Registered Users

Hey :hello2: i have 3c relaxed hair too (with curls).
    Your hair is soo long nd shiny! do u relax with lye or no-lye?.. cos my hair's realy dry havin used no-lye al these years :sad10: