2003 and newer Toyota Corolla Owners

ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
Hi...How many car owners are satisfied with their purchase?

Please list examples of dissatisfaction or satisfaction.

Thanks for your help!
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    Okay, though I no longer have this car our Corolla was the best thing we ever bought!

We upgraded to a V6 LE Camry. WOO HOO!

We needed something a bit roomier & with a bit more power for the hills. And we needed AC. Our Corolla didn't have this or I would've kept it.

It was excellent on gas mileage & very dependable. The only times it was in the shop was when it got oil, etc., changes & for it's so-many-K maintenance. This was a great starter car & I wish I still had it for a hand-me-down.

Though it would've needed a new paint job 'cause the one it had (red) turned pink from the sun. I was later told the lower-end Corollas were given cheaper paint jobs. :?

ETA: OOOPSIE! I see you wanted info about 2003 & newer models! Mine was a 1993. :oops: Sorry!
  • StormCloudCurlyStormCloudCurly Registered Users Posts: 116
    In my experience, you can't go wrong with the Corolla. My family has owned several over the years, and they are very reliable, great on gas, and reasonably priced. We've never had a problem with any of them. For the money, it's one of the best cars on the market. Right now my mother has a 2005. Oh, and they're pretty safe, too. I was in a pretty bad accident in a 2001 Corolla, and although the car was totalled, I was perfectly fine, even though I got hit right at the driver's side door (I was driving). I think it's comparable to the Honda Civic, but the Civic has a higher theft rate.
    pw: curlie
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    Right now my mother has a 2005.

StormCloudCurly,

Thanks for the reply... Do you know if your mom is having problems with the small comparment located under the vent controls (the first one, not the second one)?

I ask because on my car, the compartment has been replaced 3 times. Now the car is out of warranty and they are trying to give me hard time about fixing it. I think it is a design flaw, because I don't use either compartments...haven't since I owned the car.
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Registered Users Posts: 637
    Corollas are great little cars! I test drove one when I was car shopping. LOVED it! The size was perfect, mileage great, etc etc. The only thing that stopped me from buying it was Hunter----he pointed out that for long trips (GA to VA or VT to see our families) that the Camry I also test drove would be more comfortable. Also if we planned on having children that we'd want something w/ more space for a car seat, storage etc.

I went w/ the Camry but would get a Corolla in a heartbeat. Toyota's are great cars!
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte

StormCloudCurly,

Thanks for the reply... Do you know if your mom is having problems with the small comparment located under the vent controls (the first one, not the second one)?

I ask because on my car, the compartment has been replaced 3 times. Now the car is out of warranty and they are trying to give me hard time about fixing it. I think it is a design flaw, because I don't use either compartments...haven't since I owned the car.

I believe by law (lemon?) if you complain about something needing fixed or replaced three times & you have the records to show this, that the company is legally bound to do so, no matter if it's out of warranty. You might want to check your consumer rights about this & anything else dealing with a car that's now out of warranty, like recalls for instance.
    [quote="LibbyLiz
    I believe by law (lemon?) if you complain about something needing fixed or replaced three times & you have the records to show this, that the company is legally bound to do so, no matter if it's out of warranty. You might want to check your consumer rights about this & anything else dealing with a car that's now out of warranty, like recalls for instance.[/quote]

Thanks LibbyLiz, I am in the process of "working" with them. But i will check about the consumer rights in my area.
  • MzShvyMzShvy Registered Users Posts: 121
    LibbyLiz wrote:

StormCloudCurly,

I believe by law (lemon?) if you complain about something needing fixed or replaced three times & you have the records to show this, that the company is legally bound to do so, no matter if it's out of warranty. You might want to check your consumer rights about this & anything else dealing with a car that's now out of warranty, like recalls for instance.

It should be covered. My truck has had TONS of transmission trouble, and is now out of warranty, but they are replacing a censor this week, free of charge, because I've complained about it so much. Anything that's been replaced, or that you have complained about, is supposed to be covered. I always keep my receipts from the dealers, in case they "forget" to keep it in their system.
    MzShvy

"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." Pat Green
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    i'm on my 3rd corolla (an '89, a '94, and now an '04) and i've been very satisfied with all 3! perfect size, drives well, great gas mileage.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • StormCloudCurlyStormCloudCurly Registered Users Posts: 116

StormCloudCurly,

As far as I know, she hasn't had any problems with that compartment. But keep complaining to the Toyota people, maybe it'll get you somewhere.
    pw: curlie
    Thanks for the replies.

Ms. Shvy, I have all of the paperwork where it has been replaced. I am now waiting on the district rep to return from Chicago in two weeks so that he can see the problem.

I will be calling the service manager again next week so it will be fresh in his mind. I will keep hounding them!

Sometimes I think if I were a man, I would not have to work so hard at trying to get it fixed.

Pixie and StormCloudCurly, I am glad the compartments are not popping out...
  • xotikloksxotikloks Registered Users Posts: 92
    Sorry I can't vouch for the newer models but my 1995 Corolla is a wonderful car. Even after 217,000 miles she runs mighty fine. When it comes time to replace her, I'll definitely look for another Corolla.
    You are never given a dream without also being given the power to make it come true.

Author Unknown

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file