CurlTalk

It's Joe Biden.

curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
Obama's running mate.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.

Comments

• eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Really? Did you get a text message? According to the BBC it's still a few hours before he'll announce.
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • MadinatMadinat Posts: 266Registered Users
    eche428 wrote: »
    Really? Did you get a text message? According to the BBC it's still a few hours before he'll announce.

cnn is saying they have confirmation from the biden ppl. i haven't gotten a text either.

i really wanted to be first! dang it!
    4a/b
    my hat hair is fabulous and amazing!!
    Now the BBC is talking about Biden but still using the IF word.

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
    The AP just announced it.

• boarderhopperboarderhopper Banned Posts: 295Banned Users
    mmm joe biden. it's looking better for the republicans.
  • BBBB Posts: 475Registered Users
    Nobody votes for president based on the VP. Look at Bush Sr. and that dope he picked Dan Qayle.

I wasn't happy with Gore's choice and the didn't even help him win Florida. How funny is it that Leiberman could be McCain's running mate now? Imagine if Gore had won? How awkward would it be with Leiberman campaigning for the Republicans?
    A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    Yeah, I agree with boarderhopper. Things are looking better for the Republicans in November. :iconbiggrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    what's wrong with biden? he has the experience obama lacks.
    who do you think would've been a better choice misspam and boarderhopper?
  • BBBB Posts: 475Registered Users
    misspam wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree with boarderhopper. Things are looking better for the Republicans in November. :iconbiggrin:

I'm baffled as to why someone would be thrilled at the prospect of four more years of the mess we are in right now. Even if you are a die-hard whatever, you have to admit things are pretty crappy now.

Maybe Nadar is right. Maybe things have to get even worse before people wake up. Or maybe I'm just the crazy one.

Whomever is elected is going to have a hellish time. They are going to get blamed for everything and I'd be surprised if they were re-elected.
    A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    I hope Joe Biden will be a little more articulate now that he's on the ticket.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users
    iris427 wrote: »
    I hope Joe Biden will be a little more articulate now that he's on the ticket.

and clean.
    frau wrote: »

Biden supports the War in Iraq, just like I do and just like Sen. McCain. Most Democrats dont, and this is definitely going to effect the vote.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users

Biden supports the War in Iraq, just like I do and just like Sen. McCain. Most Democrats dont, and this is definitely going to effect the vote.

You're young and seemingly healthy. Why not put your money where your mouth is and join the military then, and truly support the war.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users

Biden supports the War in Iraq...

:puker:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users

You're young and seemingly healthy. Why not put your money where your mouth is and join the military then, and truly support the war.

Here, here! And take the Bush twins and McCain's pampered daughters with you.
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users

Biden supports the War in Iraq...

:puker:

:puker: :puker: :tongue6: :cussing:
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)

Had I not gotten into the college of my choice believe me I would have gone into basic training, but I think I will be more useful to this country doing other things. If I got drafted I would definitely go overseas and even if I dont Id like to get involved...maybe the reserves.
  • CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    I'm going to ignore this, and just pretend that it is still just Obama :tongue6:

I have my Obama stickers and signs already :o.

Had I not gotten into the college of my choice believe me I would have gone into basic training, but I think I will be more useful to this country doing other things. If I got drafted I would definitely go overseas and even if I dont Id like to get involved...maybe the reserves.

So you only support the war as much as it doesn't involve you making too many sacrifices in your own life? Got it.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users
    Besides Biden supporting the Iraq war (and I know that's a biggie), what else do we know about Biden? Just curious.

Do you think Lieberman will be McCain's running mate? I like Lieberman, I think. I say "I think" because I don't know a lot about him, but the little I do, I like him.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b

So you only support the war as much as it doesn't involve you making too many sacrifices in your own life? Got it.

I think we're being harsh with boardhopper. I don't support the war, in and of itself. I do support our troops. I have several friends serving in Iraq, as we speak...well, two friends and a cousin.

I think one can support the war without actually fighting in it. He might support the ideas that the war represents. Maybe he thinks it'll bring liberty to the Iraqi people.

The war has been a mixed bag...mostly bad, though. I don't support us being involved to begin with and we should've focused on Afghanistan. With that said, that doesn't mean I should fight in Afghanistan.

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.

3a/3b
    Yeah but it's a lot easier to support a war that you don't have to fight yourself.

Saying that you would enlist if you hadn't gotten into your top choice college just sounded like a cop out to me. There's nothing wrong with saying the military isn't for you, but his post seemed to be making excuses for why he hadn't joined. That was how it came across to me.
    Good point, Iris427.

Anyways, what else about Biden should we know? Inquiring minds wanna know!

3a/3b
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    I saw this on AP last night as well. Still not quite sure how I feel about it, although I knew Obama would probably choose him.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    I saw this on AP last night as well. Still not quite sure how I feel about it, although I knew Obama would probably choose him.

I feel like it's one more middle aged white guy wanting to run the country. I don't know what to think about it. Is Senator Obama trying to make up for what he thinks people perceive as a weakness (not enough political experience)? Is he trying to appease the white folks (I should hope not...and don't really think this is true)? Is he trying to convince people that he isn't REALLY against this war? Is he trying to look less liberal and more middle of the road?

I don't know who else he could've chosen. I don't know much about Senator Biden.

I DO know I don't want another four years of a Republican in the big chair.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    AP article that reveals a little bit about Biden:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F67nsqk" class="Popup

The AP also tooted their own horn for blowing Obama's plan to reveal his running mate today. :roll:

Well not really, all of the great war generals went to college and got some sort of degree before they served. Gen. Norman Shwartzkompf went to my school and got a Masters in Mech. engineering before he helped bring U.S. victory.

Well not really, all of the great war generals went to college and got some sort of degree before they served. Gen. Norman Shwartzkompf went to my school and got a Masters in Mech. engineering before he helped bring U.S. victory.

OK because that's not what you originally said.

Like I said, there is nothing wrong with not serving but your post to me made it sound like you would only do it if something better didn't come along.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    My mom and brother were somewhere in that crowd in Spfld, IL today.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    I like Biden. I hate to see him lose more time again. I just can't see Obama winning. I have to admit though that I'm one of those people who does look at the VP. I was giving GWB strong consideration until he chose Cheney. I remembered him and his wife and thought "no way". I liked Lieberman more than Gore so I was happy to vote for that party. In 1980, I was ready to support Bush I over Reagan. So even though he was on the ticket, I didn't support the ticket (I supported John Anderson).