"Back button" problems

PeppyPeppy Posts: 3,290Registered Users
All day today on this site, I have had to click my back button twice in order for it to work. I blamed it on my work computer, but it's happening at home too. Any idea what the problem is?

I posted this on the non-hair board too, and apparently I'm not the only one having this problem.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Yes, that's happening to me too. Not being too swift on the tech side of things, I have no idea what could cause that. Maybe we can get Smart Guy to check it out.
  • justa.grrljusta.grrl Posts: 85Registered Users
    I'm willing to bet there is some kind of intermediate function going on between page changes. I've had this happen to me too (here/elsewhere), and just assumed/related it to script executions.

As long as you can still surf, it's really not a big deal.
  • sharie43sharie43 Posts: 77Registered Users
    Back button isn't working for me at all!
  • PeppyPeppy Posts: 3,290Registered Users

As long as you can still surf, it's really not a big deal.

Maybe not a big deal, but very annoying.

Gretchen, I posted this on non-hair too. Riley has a theory of what the problem may be. http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=54363
  • justa.grrljusta.grrl Posts: 85Registered Users
    Peppy wrote: »
    Maybe not a big deal, but very annoying.[/URL]

I agree, but unfortunately it is usually beyond the end users control any further than emailing the webmaster to reconcile. :dontknow:

The thread you've created/linked at least should have made the issue known to mods. Hopefully they can fix it.
  • sharie43sharie43 Posts: 77Registered Users
    Mine seems to be fine today?
    Maybe not a big deal, but very annoying.[/url]

I agree, but unfortunately it is usually beyond the end users control any further than emailing the webmaster to reconcile. :dontknow:

I understand there's not anything I can do about it. That's why I've reported it to the mods.
  • MassCurlsMassCurls Posts: 272Registered Users
    I'm having the same issue (and reported it on the other thread as well). It definitely seems like an addirector problem (per Riley's assessment). Hope you can get it resolved as it makes navigation very difficult...
  • BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    It'd be great if someone could respond to one of the threads on this subject. It's annoying enough to keep me from coming back for a while, which I'm sure it is to others as well. Decreased traffic= decreased ad revenue.
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...
    I'm responding, but unfortunately not to help. I have the same problem. I don't have special powers to fix it (being far from a tech expert). But I'll bring it to Gretchen's attention.
  • winifredwinifred Posts: 295Registered Users
    Hi, I've been having the same back button problem too. Hitting it twice works sometimes within a forum, but I have to go back into CurlTalk each time I want to go into a new forum instead of just going directly into the new forum. I hope this makes sense.
    I've given up using the back button. I just scroll to the "forum jump". Very annoying. I wish someone in the know would respond.
    SuZenGuide wrote: »
    I'm responding, but unfortunately not to help. I have the same problem. I don't have special powers to fix it (being far from a tech expert). But I'll bring it to Gretchen's attention.

Did you let Gretchen know?

Yes, I sent her a PM.
  • BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users

Yes, I sent her a PM.

Well we could have done that. I guess next time I'll just send Gretchen a PM instead of posting on the "Feedback" forum.
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...

Yes, I sent her a PM.

Did you get a response?
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,556Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Sorry guys. I'm so damn busy. I forgot to get back here and let you know Smart Guy is working on it. I've also shared it w/ our ad people to see if that's the issue, as some of you suspect.

Again, I'm so sorry for the trouble, and I'm so sorry for not getting back to you.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,556Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    We've paused AdTuition ads. Please let me know if you're still seeing the back button issue.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    For me, the back button is working properly again. Thanks!
    Mine is working now.
    It's working properly for me now. Thanks!
    This seems to be happening again... :(
    Now?

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file