First day as curlgirl, whoo

Just wanted to tell people Ive finally decided to try this, today was my first day, my hair is still wet though, but hopefully when it dries it wont be the mess that it always it.

Comments

• tarahhhhtarahhhh Posts: 125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congratulations! Good luck, keep us posted!!
    Tarah - with an "H" :hello2:
    Always trying something new.

I'm a curly college student, and LOVING it.
    "They say when you die your life flashes before your eyes - Make it worth watching."
  • myall4him118myall4him118 Posts: 2Registered Users
    im new too! i will do my initial clarifying wash tomorrow... i am excited to see the results, but afraid of how greasy my hair can get. :/
    2b or 2c... not sure.

cg since august 23, 2008...
    a newbie!
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Good luck! Let us know how you're progressing.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • CurlyCurlyGirlCurlyCurlyGirl Posts: 11Registered Users
    I just started last week. I clarified on Monday and did my first co-wash on Tuesday. So far I've co-washed every other day and water washed the inbetween days. I've been trying to keep things simple for starters and only using a couple of things on my hair so if I run into a problem it's easier to pinpoint.

I'm loving my hair though. The short pieces around my face are alot curlier and my hair is alot shinier.

I had mentioned to my mom I was going to try this and she didn't come out and tell me it was a dumb idea but she had "the look" that told me what she thought of it. lol

I saw her after the first day of starting CG and her response was "Oh my gosh, your hair actually looks like hair and not straw". She then had to touch it and smell it. lol

My biggest problem/challenge is keeping my fingers out of it. It looks so shiny and nice that I always want to touch. :laughing5: So far I haven't had any problems with greasiness or itchiness. I wish I knew about CG years ago.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I just started last week. I clarified on Monday and did my first co-wash on Tuesday. So far I've co-washed every other day and water washed the inbetween days. I've been trying to keep things simple for starters and only using a couple of things on my hair so if I run into a problem it's easier to pinpoint.
    I'm loving my hair though. The short pieces around my face are alot curlier and my hair is alot shinier.

I had mentioned to my mom I was going to try this and she didn't come out and tell me it was a dumb idea but she had "the look" that told me what she thought of it. lol

I saw her after the first day of starting CG and her response was "Oh my gosh, your hair actually looks like hair and not straw". She then had to touch it and smell it. lol

My biggest problem/challenge is keeping my fingers out of it. It looks so shiny and nice that I always want to touch. :laughing5: So far I haven't had any problems with greasiness or itchiness. I wish I knew about CG years ago.

That was immensely helpful for me when I started. Once I got my routine down pat, I started adding in other products.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • sransomxdazzlessransomxdazzles Posts: 22Registered Users
    Well its day two now, I havent washed it yet but yesterday when It dried I noticed that the curls look much prettier than usual, except theyre a bit frizzy, but I like it so far. I still need to practice with figuring out how much of each product I need to use.
  • sransomxdazzlessransomxdazzles Posts: 22Registered Users
    Okay so I just found a gel in my moms car, and I dont know if its curl girl, it looks like it but I wanted to check with you all. Its the suave extra hold 7 gel. Is this curlgirl?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file